What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

Trevor

Noob
What is his crushing blow requirement for his F4 move? I don't see it listed but I have seen that he does a punt kick to the top of the head after the overhead.

Does anybody know if there’s a way to decline all wi-fi connections in ranked? Current settings make it so that if it’s green bars then I’m forced to play, but of course green bars on WiFi means very little

RemainSolid

It don’t always be like it is... but it do.
What is his crushing blow requirement for his F4 move? I don't see it listed but I have seen that he does a punt kick to the top of the head after the overhead.
Hit an opponent that blocks late. For example, if they’re trying to flawless block F4 and end up getting hit.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
I don't think Kano is bad, not by any means, I'm just not gelling with him as much as I'd like although there's a good chance that it's the game in general and not Kano. Doing some reading and I see a lot of characters don't have a plethora of mids so it may well be that I'm just struggling to adapt to way this game plays.
Although one thing I will shit on is Dirtbag. What on earth were they thinking? I legit sat in training mode for an hour and a half yesterday trying to find something and I came to the conclusion that Chemical Burn doesn't connect 90% of the time outside of the corner and the amp'd version cannot connect on a juggle.
Then Molotov.
We all know that the idea was to combo molotov and chemical burn but it's genuinely terrible. I would trade practically any of his unused moves over molotov.
Corner game is where its at

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The more I play Kano, the more I realize that he is a complete character. Time will tell if he'll need any changes in the future, but as of right now Kano seems really good.

For the people who are wishing for more mids, just realize that Kano has a command grab that reaches two character lengths away, is 13f startup, and recovers super fast. With a far reaching mid he'd basically be mini-Geras and that isn't his archetype because he could also space control with his knives and balls.

Keep labbing and playing around with options on defense and offense. Kano might not be OmgOPNerfPlz but he has what it takes to compete and has a good chunk of winning matchups imo.

And btw, I never use more than 1 meter in a combo. My meter is precious lol.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
For the people who are wishing for more mids, just realize that Kano has a command grab that reaches two character lengths away, is 13f startup, and recovers super fast. With a far reaching mid he'd basically be mini-Geras and that isn't his archetype because he could also space control with his knives.
I do agree Kano is a strong character but I don't get what you mean here?

Kano's command grab is a high, you can duck it.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I do agree Kano is a strong character but I don't get what you mean here?

Kano's command grab is a high, you can duck it.
Yes, exactly. But if you neutral-duck (not blocking) to dodge the high, then you aren't going to be blocking a mid.

With the way it is now, Kano is really good at dashing forward and command grabbing or dashing in and B3ing. It's a good mixup when mixing in knife tosses. But if he had any faster of a far reaching mid string, his knives, his F3, his airball, and his safe 241+3 launching string that is a built in mix, he would just be crazy lol.

Last edited:

Dayvo

My english it's not good
Did anyone have any problem with his crushing blow eye laser? Sometimes I get huge damage, others just regular damage(during the CB animation)

Ok, so I’ve dicked around with Dirtbag, come up short, and then on a whim tested a couple of things with the custom moves. I now suspect that Molotov is meant to be combined with Bio Magnetic trap to be truly effective. BMT can be set up safely, prevents jumping and can be on the screen the same time as the Molotov flame. Whilst it doesn’t guarantee you can get Molotov out, it does make it more likely. Having messed with it, Dirtbag definitely appears incomplete to me, and I’m further convinced that proper thought wasn’t given to the tournament variations as a whole.

I’m happy with Ripper though. I’m going to stick with him and maybe pick up another character until Dirtbag is either patched, a new third Kano variation released, or custom builds become ranked/tournament legal.

Edit: Just seen what Kollector’s Vial of Sorrow does. It’s basically Molotov, but good. If you really want to use a character with a Molotov type move, he might be up your ally.

Last edited:

Swoops

Noob
Everyone please mess around with unblockable molotov combo starter. It's grimy & great.

There's definitely some QOL changes that Dirtbag could get to make it a little easier to use. Shaving some frames off of molotov start up and endlag would help. Also, chemical burn doesn't need to be as minus as it is on block, considering molotov already has such a high start up.

Right now I'm having a lot of fun with it though. I just focus on playing super scummy with knives, b1 & chemical burn. If they get too patient I throw molotov out, and once they get frustrated I start hitting them with b3/b4/b2/f2/f4/ball.

I think one of his dirtiest tricks is that it seems his d4 tick is 0 or even +1 if they don't block the d4. Which means you can go for a d1 check right after for advantage into block pressure or straight into a second tick attempt off the d1.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I think one of his dirtiest tricks is that it seems his d4 tick is 0 or even +1 if they don't block the d4. Which means you can go for a d1 check right after for advantage into block pressure or straight into a second tick attempt off the d1.
@PLAYING TO WIN discovered that d+4 xx command throw jails on block just like Kotal Kahn's f+3 pre-hotfix so Kano is S+ tier right now. LOL.

Edit: You CAN neutral crouch.

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
What are you guy doing on knockdown? His most common knockdowns seem to come from b4, command throw, and ball, and I don't think any of them give you any pressure whatsoever on hit... they can just walk back or backdash and get out of everything unless Kano commits to b3. This wouldn't be a problem if he had better corner carry, but Kano's corner carry doesn't seem that great either so far, with a lot of his stuff causing a side switch, or not actually moving you as far toward the corner as it looks like it should (e.g., Kano ball).