What's new

MK11 Kano Discussion

Any thoughts on combos for dirtbag? I like the variation but I feel he can be limited.

I can't find a safe way of getting the molotov down, just have to commit.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I find him slow upclose compared to some of the fighters that like to get upclose also. Baraka just simply outranges him and a better grappler. Jacqui Briggs is also a better upclose fighter with faster mids. With Kano I feel I have to throw my stuff out early just to get the High, mid or High, low to get off in time. This is against someone who has kat like reflexes I was playing. A few randoms online I didn't have to much issues with.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Its this simple:
b4 is his best spacing tool PERIOD
d1 is for hit-confirms with no pushback. on hit you can d3 for pushback or b1 for neutral reset right in b3 range.
once again USE HIS B4 ITS A FUCKING LOW THATS SAFE REGARDLESS OF MAX RANGE!
whiffing 2 into 4 with spacing catches a lot of people off gaurd.
his b3 is -4 but allows you to challenge people with down pokes
manhandled his most versatile special
his cyber vacuum has crazy range (yea i play custom)
manhandled + snakebite = LOL
b1 into vegemight :)

What are some good punishes with Kano?

22 seems a bit slow and starts high. I've just been mashing d1 a lot when I think I can punish.

Trevor

Noob
Kano is indeed a YOLO god as the developers mentioned. He does have some great buttons and I would love Ripper if it had snakebite in it along with lumbar. That is all I ask for NRS, crate a lumbar+snakebite tournamet loadout and we are good. I'll lab dirtbag today but from what i hear, it's total crap.

All we can see in every character forum is how bad x is and how x is low tier this time around. The Jax forum already stated that Jax would be low tier too lol. Am i the only one who has a bit of fun? Also, someone mentioned that 2,2 is high high? Did they change it in the patch that pc users are still missing? My game tells me it is high, mid. Kano and Jax are still the most fun at the momrnt and Baraka seems a bit braindead. Safe on everything even if he only has one overhead string and a slow seperate one...oh just like Kano

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!

22 seems a bit slow and starts high. I've just been mashing d1 a lot when I think I can punish.
1,1 Kanoball or 2,4, 1+3
All we can see in every character forum is how bad x is and how x is low tier this time around. The Jax forum already stated that Jax would be low tier too lol. Am i the only one who has a bit of fun? Also, someone mentioned that 2,2 is high high? Did they change it in the patch that pc users are still missing? My game tells me it is high, mid. Kano and Jax are still the most fun at the momrnt and Baraka seems a bit braindead. Safe on everything even if he only has one overhead string and a slow seperate one...oh just like Kano
Yeah i also think Kano is fine atm when i look at the other Characterforums and their tears ^^

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!

1,1 Kanoball or only Kanoball or 2,4, 1+3
Yeah i also think Kano is fine atm when i look at the other Characterforums and their tears ^^

There is a video of Johnny crouch blocking some stuff of Kano’s over in the Johnny forums, and one of those is a high, mid string. I haven’t labbed it, but when I was watching it I thought it was 11 rather than 22. The other string they showed was f1,2, which is high,high, both hits of which whiffed over a crouch blocking Johnny. From what I’ve seen, Cassie has a similar thing. My guess is that we’ll be relying on b1 a lot after a d1 against these characters, and trying to play more of a whiff punishing neutral than an up close pressure game.

Or switch just to Dirtbag and pretend that you don’t even care about winning anyway.

Zachara

Noob
I don't think Kano is bad, not by any means, I'm just not gelling with him as much as I'd like although there's a good chance that it's the game in general and not Kano. Doing some reading and I see a lot of characters don't have a plethora of mids so it may well be that I'm just struggling to adapt to way this game plays.
Although one thing I will shit on is Dirtbag. What on earth were they thinking? I legit sat in training mode for an hour and a half yesterday trying to find something and I came to the conclusion that Chemical Burn doesn't connect 90% of the time outside of the corner and the amp'd version cannot connect on a juggle.
Then Molotov.
We all know that the idea was to combo molotov and chemical burn but it's genuinely terrible. I would trade practically any of his unused moves over molotov.

I don't think Kano is bad, not by any means, I'm just not gelling with him as much as I'd like although there's a good chance that it's the game in general and not Kano. Doing some reading and I see a lot of characters don't have a plethora of mids so it may well be that I'm just struggling to adapt to way this game plays.
Although one thing I will shit on is Dirtbag. What on earth were they thinking? I legit sat in training mode for an hour and a half yesterday trying to find something and I came to the conclusion that Chemical Burn doesn't connect 90% of the time outside of the corner and the amp'd version cannot connect on a juggle.
Then Molotov.
We all know that the idea was to combo molotov and chemical burn but it's genuinely terrible. I would trade practically any of his unused moves over molotov.
If you cancel into Molotov from the move with the largest cancel window (I think it’s f2, with about 50 frames cancel window), it gives you around 20 frames before the move comes out. The only way I can see this being even remotely viable as a set up is if the opponent has absolutely no defensive meter for wake ups and no quick pokes that reach far enough. I don’t know the match ups well enough to say if such a character exists, but I doubt it.

I don’t want to write off Dirtbag too soon. Maybe there is a way of setting up Molotov off of a really high juggle in the corner? Or off an interactable? Maybe there is one with ridiculous amounts of advantage on knockdown that we’re missing?

Baygon

Noob
Does anyone know how vege-mighty (dd3) changes kano ball? Tooltip just says that it amplifies it. I noticed it does a bit more dmg but that cant be it.

Killusion

Stream addict
Does anyone know how vege-mighty (dd3) changes kano ball? Tooltip just says that it amplifies it. I noticed it does a bit more dmg but that cant be it.
More damage, 1 hit of armor and someone said made it faster too? Not sure about the speed.

I've been messing around with customs and I think the absolute best Kano setup would be:
Bio Pull: Great combo extender.
Lumbar check: Great tool and the best damage ender for combos.
Vege-Mighty: Great tool for multiple reasons.

Bio Pull over Snake Bite because it only takes one slot.
Lumbar Check is a no-brainer.
Vege-Mighty could be switched to Manhandled but not sure if it's worth it.

If customs are ever allowed I think this is the best setup. Thoughts?

NOMAS

Noob
Anyone using short hops to enforce a mixup when they're scared to poke back. Just messing around in training mode and I think Kano has a good kit for the mechanic with Lumbar Check and F2. Or is it too risky to experiment with the overhead and empty hops?

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Give us jax players time, hes not imo low tier coz the game has been out 4 days. Ye, he has Hard time Against zoners but no way hes low tier right now. And he can get closer with hes bf2 Against high projectiles. Can't speak for whole jax conmunity thou. They can try to change my mind

Last edited:

Killusion

Stream addict
Sooo if you holp up after Vege-Mightied up ball Kano flies diagonally upwards. He has up ball after all i guess, did they mention this on Kombat cast?

EDIT: If they did I completely missed it. :D