What's new

MK11 KABAL Discussion

Dayvon

Noob
Not as flashy as i thought he'd be but gameplay wise he seems so good. He looks fundamentally sound and has many tools
Meterless combo starter :D

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm curious to know if he can combo off of those air buzzsaws, since it seems to leave the opponent hanging like Kitana fans. I imagine that's what the quick-recovery enhancement is for.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
He looks great overall. Really curious how viable the dash cancel will be, they barely showed it. Looks like it requires a bar of defensive meter, but we don’t know what frame data it has. Hopefully it’s sufficiently plus to justify the resource usage

So far, kinda mixed on a few things. Super happy he's back, he is my favorite character, but theres a few things that bother me.

I wish they had focused on his rushdown more than making him a sort of midrange zoner hybrid, maybe that wont be the case in all of his variations. Not a huge fan of him throwing the saws now and the lack of gas blasts, I figured they would keep it in some capacity, just not like how it was in 9. The literal "gas" blast doesnt look that good to me, but I like the float jump thing. Super cool.

His design is decent, i'm glad it retains his color scheme, but his hair looks hella wack to me. The mask wouldnt bother me as much if he had his long flowing hair or pigtails. Maybe that'll be an option with the Deception mask, and if it is, i'm completely fine with the design overall. Wasn't a huge fan of the alt designs shown, especially the maskless one, but he's gonna have a lot more stuff anyway. I like that regular skin/burnt skin/revenant are options.

His hooksword play looks AMAZING. His speed looks great, he's flashy, doing all sorts of cool shit, he looks outstanding. I'm super happy with how they did him in this regard and i'm hella pumped to play him. Last thing, i'm REALLY surprised NDC is in in some capacity, but i'd like it if they added in that cancel animation from 9. He doesn't even move now when he does it. Super minor complaint.

Good shit though, NRS. I'm happy. 7-3 Kabal, bitches

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
So did they only show custom creations and not the three ranked/tournament legal preset variations?
looks like it, i didn’t notice them calling out any official variations, maybe they won’t exist at all in this game. they did mention everything is subject to change at this point

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
So far, kinda mixed on a few things. Super happy he's back, he is my favorite character, but theres a few things that bother me.

I wish they had focused on his rushdown more than making him a sort of midrange zoner hybrid, maybe that wont be the case in all of his variations. Not a huge fan of him throwing the saws now and the lack of gas blasts, I figured they would keep it in some capacity, just not like how it was in 9. The literal "gas" blast doesnt look that good to me, but I like the float jump thing. Super cool.

His design is decent, i'm glad it retains his color scheme, but his hair looks hella wack to me. The mask wouldnt bother me as much if he had his long flowing hair or pigtails. Maybe that'll be an option with the Deception mask, and if it is, i'm completely fine with the design overall. Wasn't a huge fan of the alt designs shown, especially the maskless one, but he's gonna have a lot more stuff anyway. I like that regular skin/burnt skin/revenant are options.

His hooksword play looks AMAZING. His speed looks great, he's flashy, doing all sorts of cool shit, he looks outstanding. I'm super happy with how they did him in this regard and i'm hella pumped to play him. Last thing, i'm REALLY surprised NDC is in in some capacity, but i'd like it if they added in that cancel animation from 9. He doesn't even move now when he does it. Super minor complaint.

Good shit though, NRS. I'm happy. 7-3 Kabal, bitches
I also want to know if the cancel can be done at any point in the dash animation, it sorta seemed like it could only be done at the beginning. Would of course be great if we can again cancel right before it hits the opponent

babalook

Noob
looks like it, i didn’t notice them calling out any official variations, maybe they won’t exist at all in this game. they did mention everything is subject to change at this point
I could've sworn one of the announcers at the gameplay reveal show a few weeks ago confirmed that custom characters with different movesets from the 3 preset variations wouldn't be allowed in ranked (and presumably tournaments) like it was in I2.

Lokheit

Noob
My main concerns are lore based: How does unscarred and unmasked Kabal have the same abilities? We didn't really see him using his gas attacks so IDK where will the gas come from, but more importantly, wasn't his hyper speed a side effect of the machinery that Kano used to save his life after he got burnt? How can the pre-burnt pre-cop Kabal use those powers?

Kabal did meet him only when Sub was in Cyber form. Seeing the human Sub is definitely a first for him.
Revenant Kabal did meet revenant human Sub though.

My guess is that Kano is the one that helps him get out of the revenant state in order to once again try to convince him to re-join and the process kind of messes up his memory.

So did they only show custom creations and not the three ranked/tournament legal preset variations?
There isn't anything clear yet about tournament variations really being a thing at all. We haven't seen any yet, all the presets at reveals were customized and apparently different in London and LA.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 59910

I really miss the long hair and the Gas Blast. The NDC uses metter? Okay! The problem is that NDC looked very slow in the video. Kabal, let's see what you're made of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Kabal doesn't remember Sub-Zero.. Story mode will be interesting..
I stand by my guns that that's a huge flag that he's Original Timeline Kabal. That and the fact that he's all done up in Black Dragon gear and sounding quite nefarious.

Unless he's Young Kabal from before he got right with the law, which is why he looks like The Situation with a ponytail. But I'm hoping I'm right and this is the Deception Kabal that brings Chaosrealm into the fold. They may have killed Havik in the comics, but that doesn't mean they can't tie the Black Dragon to him through Kabal.

Really, I love that there's an Unburnt Kabal, but he literally looks like he practices his Goju Ryu in a gym on the boardwalk of Seaside Heights, wearing neon colored everything, pumping iron to LMFAO.