What's new

MK11 KABAL Discussion

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
That combo is easy to do consistently, and using 22 starter into amp buzzsaw nets you 300 damage which is pretty good for 1 bar. And yes a 15 frame far reaching mid that leads to 50 50 is a bit busted imo. Not to mention Kabal already has two strongs mids in f2, and f4. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see b1 adjusted to be a high.
I think the 22 buzz combo is 29 and change. The Curbo 29% requires 3 micro dashes and is not at all easy to pull off. After nomad dash its dash s4 mb buzzsaw dash d1 dash 23 ender. Slayer dropped it almost every time he tried it.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
I think the 22 buzz combo is 29 and change. The Curbo 29% requires 3 micro dashes and is not at all easy to pull off. After nomad dash its dash s4 mb buzzsaw dash d1 dash 23 ender. Slayer dropped it almost every time he tried it.
With practice that combo can pulled off very consistently; I land it 100% of the time even if I'm playing on a laggy connection. Regardless Kabals damage is fine, air grab just gives him Baraka tier damage and pairing that with his current tool set will just make him op

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
With practice that combo can pulled off very consistently; I land it 100% of the time even if I'm playing on a laggy connection. Regardless Kabals damage is fine, air grab just gives him Baraka tier damage and pairing that with his current tool set will just make him op
Any tips for consistency ?

I also struggle with the optimal combo:
Starters x bf3 dash 4 x bf1 amp dash d1 dash 23 x ender

I always get f2 after the d1 even though I only pushed ff 23

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
I also struggle with the optimal combo:
Starters x bf3 dash 4 x bf1 amp dash d1 dash 23 x ender

I always get f2 after the d1 even though I only pushed ff 23
Yeah I've been skipping the d1 part just for consistency, Hook grab would not give him Baraka level damage at all.

Manticore

Any tips for consistency ?
It sounds trite but practice is the answer. You know how run combos seemed daunting at first in mkx but after a few months everyone was doing them easily? I feel this is similar. There's a kind of rhythm to it, after the nomad dash you do a micro dash into 4 amp buzzsaw, wait a little for the buzzsaw animation and then the next part is a flurry of buttons. Microdash into d1, microdash into 23. You inputs should all be clean and distinct, make sure you let go of forward before you do the 23 or you'll get f2. The microdash d1 is actually less strict, you can cancel it a micro second later and still land the combo this is helpful if you don't do 4 amp buzzsaw right next to them but micro dash cancel into 23 has to be as early as possible.

Manticore

Kabal corner combos (if these are known my bad, but I haven't seen them anywhere else though)
Meterless
Starter xx bf1, d1, 22, 23 xx bf3, s4 xx dbf
1 bar
22 /4/b12 xx amp bf1, s4, d1, 23 xx bf3, s4 xx db4 (pretty sure this one is known)

Thanks man those were new to me, What’s your input window timing set at? I wonder if that has anything to do with dash cancels. Probably not lol

I hope NRS can extend the Hit Adv for Nomad Dash, so that it is possible to easily follow-up Nomad Dash with a jumping punch/kick (similar to MK9 Kabal). If characters like Sub-Zero/Kitana are able to follow-up their meterless kombo tools (Ice Ball/Fan Lift) with jumping attacks, then Kabal should be able to as well.
Eg. B12/F22/22, Nomad Dash, J1/J2, B12/23, Hook Slam
Eg. B12/F22/22, Nomad Dash, J4, side-switch, D1, 23, Hook Slam

This is to slightly buff up Kabal's damage potential in Tournaments and with his grounded kombos, as well as increase the variety of kombo opportunities from Nomad Dash.

Also, NRS should fix Amp Buzzsaw, whereby Kabal can kombo into it from F22. Kabal just stands there like a statue after komboing into Amp Buzzsaw from F22. Perhaps this is a bug.

Lastly, fix the Low Hook Grab KB for stand blocking. I feel that it doesn't trigger from kombo strings anymore, like 22/B12/F22. I swore that the enemy is blocking HIGH everytime Look Hook Grab is used after kombos, but no KB is triggered.

Other than that, Kabal is a pretty solid character.
-- Nomad Dash for Meterless Kombo Potential and punishing opponents
-- Variety of projectiles (HIGH, LOW, Mid-Air, although they have slower startup & projectile speed than others)
-- Very damaging Kombo Enders (Hook Slam/Extended Hook)
-- Great Kombo Potential with Amp Buzzsaw & Hook Grab
-- Abilities (Low Hook Grab and Rolling Buzzsaw) to make up for his lack of LOW attacks

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
How are you all approaching the Jade matchup? I use the variation with the restand and the downward air buzzsaw. I've been winning, somehow, but I don't really have a gameplan. She ignores Kabal's zoning, so you've got to patiently work your way in against her zoning, but I can't figure out a great way to beat out her normals once I'm in range. I can block her all day long, and if I can get a knockdown then I can pressure ok, but otherwise it's tough to get anything started.

Last edited:

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
How are you all approaching the Jade matchup? I use the variation with the restand and the downward air buzzsaw. I've been winning, somehow, but I don't really have a gameplan. She ignores Kabal's zoning, so you've got to patiently work your way in against her zoning, but I can't figure out a great way to beat out her normals once I'm in range. I can block her her all day long, and if I can get a knockdown then I can pressure ok, but otherwise it's tough to get anything started.
I’ve a crisply my played this matchup lot and it’s almost seconds nature’s at Thisbe point whenever i see her Put on projectile immunity’s I’ll yolo nomad dash. It works a lot. That’s why I think characters like Raiden with super man, Kabal, and scorpion just destroy that annoying bitch. You have to make them afraid to activate projectile immunity. Even if she blocks nomad dash she can’t do much damage.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I’ve a crisply my played this matchup lot and it’s almost seconds nature’s at Thisbe point whenever i see her Put on projectile immunity’s I’ll yolo nomad dash. It works a lot. That’s why I think characters like Raiden with super man, Kabal, and scorpion just destroy that annoying bitch. You have to make them afraid to activate projectile immunity. Even if she blocks nomad dash she can’t do much damage.
That won't work if they activate it after a knockdown, though. I caught a few of them with the yolo dashes, but then they just started respecting the dash and only activating when it was safe.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
That won't work if they activate it after a knockdown, though. I caught a few of them with the yolo dashes, but then they just started respecting the dash and only activating when it was safe.
Yeah but it goes away once you hit her on block. If they start respecting it, the match up becomes a lot easier. The threat of the move is more effective than the move itself sometimes. Honestly though, Kabal has one the best jump ins in the game with J2. It's basically a worse version of Catwoman's j2 and even Jade has trouble anti airing with her d2. Kabal never really has a problem getting in because of this. I don't really think Kabal has any mad matchups. His safe f2 staggers are some of the best staggers in the game.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
How do you do the Dash Cancel? It says do Nomad Dash then away+Amp, but nothing comes out.
Whoa, I can't get it to come out, either. I haven't used this move in a while, but I don't remember ever having an issue doing it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I usually block confirm a string into ND, then when I see the string end and ND start I press back+R1
Whoa, I can't get it to come out, either. I haven't used this move in a while, but I don't remember ever having an issue doing it.
When I get home I'll try it again. When the game first released I practiced this to practice counters against the pressure, but haven't touched it since. Went in today and couldn't get a single one to come out so was wondering if I'm missing a timing window or it became different somehow.

When I get home I'll try it again. When the game first released I practiced this to practice counters against the pressure, but haven't touched it since. Went in today and couldn't get a single one to come out so was wondering if I'm missing a timing window or it became different somehow.
It's back+block

JoeX0rX

Noob
I find it incredibly difficult to cancel into his amp buzzsaw during combo. is there a trick to this? I can throw an amp buzzsaw whenever I want but to cancel into it from either 22, or b12or f22 to extend the combo it just never comes out. all that ever comes out is regular buzzsaw. any tricks to this I am missing?

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I find it incredibly difficult to cancel into his amp buzzsaw during combo. is there a trick to this? I can throw an amp buzzsaw whenever I want but to cancel into it from either 22, or b12or f22 to extend the combo it just never comes out. all that ever comes out is regular buzzsaw. any tricks to this I am missing?
22~BF1R1R1R1R1R1R1R1R1... until I see the AMP flash