What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Going with Cage in ranked like a boss after reading all those upplay twitter crap about him:

M.D.

Can you link or screen cap some of it for me? I'm not on twitter and I'm genuinely curious.
Grabbed some quickly from the top of my head, I have no ideea how to search on twitch so I had to scroll for them. Thing is everyone's rooster-riding them with most of them not even touching the character to see how much BS is there.

Ive had a tougher time in general in KB this season, doesnt help that every game is laggy as fuck. Some matches below 100 ping are worse than 140ping matches, in those matches it feels like im in slow motion.

M.D.

I stopped trying to reason with these monkeys a long time ago.
Watched destroyer qualifier yesterday.

Cage did 40% unbreakable, destroyer was yelling OMFG THE DAMAGEEEEEEE, THE DAMAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Chat was going bat shit insane NERF CAGE OP CAGE

The next second, NinjaKilla did his FB from a string, which also did 40% unbreakable damage, and also won the round (so that Cage combo not only was useless but he lost the round as well). Nobody cared. Nobody.

Everyone remained with the impression Cage is mother fucking OP.

And the next ROUND, where cage didn't have any resource left (because that combo is a one time per match, as we all know), Cage got a hit in and Destroyer said

"OMFG THIS IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER 50% COMBO"

And then it hit me. Nobody fucking cares about cage or to actually learn the character. How could not even destroyer have a clue that is a one time combo? And the chat was omfg cage 50% combos left and right and unbreakable and they were all agreeing how op cage is.

I really feel like giving up when I see this kind of ignorance. And those were top players, NRS pays attention to them, so Cage will get jack shit in the next patches.

Fk this game.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Watched destroyer qualifier yesterday.

Cage did 40% unbreakable, destroyer was yelling OMFG THE DAMAGEEEEEEE, THE DAMAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Chat was going bat shit insane NERF CAGE OP CAGE

The next second, NinjaKilla did his FB from a string, which also did 40% unbreakable damage, and also won the round (so that Cage combo not only was useless but he lost the round as well). Nobody cared. Nobody.

Everyone remained with the impression Cage is mother fucking OP.

And the next ROUND, where cage didn't have any resource left (because that combo is a one time per match, as we all know), Cage got a hit in and Destroyer said

"OMFG THIS IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER 50% COMBO"

And then it hit me. Nobody fucking cares about cage or to actually learn the character. How could not even destroyer have a clue that is a one time combo? And the chat was omfg cage 50% combos left and right and unbreakable and they were all agreeing how op cage is.

I really feel like giving up when I see this kind of ignorance. And those were top players, NRS pays attention to them, so Cage will get jack shit in the next patches.

Fk this game.
Cage gets 45% unbreakable off of a combo he has to execute, by having to cancel his FB and expend his only viable KB, BROKE.
Everyone else gets 40% by doing jab string into fatal blow, meh. Geras doing 1 bar combo into 40% without a KB, meh. Characters having unbreakable 31% from a grab, meh. Barake doing 50% from an autoshimmy, meh.
To be fair, Cage does have the benefit of being able to get 45% from the KB and then another potential 35+ something% from his fatal blow, but he pays the price by having the worst FB in the game outside of its cancel, that and I recall it scaling like shit.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Indeed, it's not weak, but I'm not asking for buffs. I'm just asking for the ignorant upplay to stop.

View attachment 15802
Nah mane, 124 124 124 124 is an infinite in the corner. Then the OP bastard grabs you, as if you have a launching mid or a grab KB to worry about. Geras 212 or throw looping you all day? Geras jumping the whole game because AAing him is death? Geras dashing around, walking back and forth like some dunce while you just sit there because if you do anything you get sandtrapped into oki? Pft, nothing. 14f high? How do you even counter that?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Grabbed some quickly from the top of my head, I have no ideea how to search on twitch so I had to scroll for them. Thing is everyone's rooster-riding them with most of them not even touching the character to see how much BS is there.

View attachment 15787
Sorry, but I havent been in here in a while....What in the fuck did I just read??? Have these assholes never heard of a low poke?

I can't tell you how many times I do 124 and follow up with F3, F4, B3, or dash in normal/throw and it lands. It's like...Dude...How do you not know to just back dash or walk back? Sure, maybe I catch on and hit with you with a forceball or shadow kick, but big deal. The good players simply walk back and wait. You will NOT open them up with this at God level in KL.

If you've labbed Johnny, you shouldn't ever attempt and attack after plus frames. It's so fucking simple. Back up, interrupt and win.

Eh . I'm 21/11 so far this season. Still low rank obviously , but will try to keep the w/l ratio going forward .
Nice bro! 35/26, 1697 points right now but I haven't played in a couple of days. Basically wanted to get the belt buckle and get out. 98% Showstopper with a few Shock Jock matches. I'd say almost half of my losses are from Emerald Defenders, bitch is the bane of my existence. Hey on another note did I see you post awhile ago that you also play a little Skarlet on the side? If so which variation? Been messing around with her a little lately and I might be out of the secondary crisis.

Error404

Noob
Nice bro! 35/26, 1697 points right now but I haven't played in a couple of days. Basically wanted to get the belt buckle and get out. 98% Showstopper with a few Shock Jock matches. I'd say almost half of my losses are from Emerald Defenders, bitch is the bane of my existence. Hey on another note did I see you post awhile ago that you also play a little Skarlet on the side? If so which variation? Been messing around with her a little lately and I might be out of the secondary crisis.
Good job ! Yes , I did post about Skarlet . She is a very good secondary for Cage. I play Heart Pierce. People say the other ond is better , but I disagree. Without the parry you're almost always at risk of getting flawless blocked and U2ed.

Good job ! Yes , I did post about Skarlet . She is a very good secondary for Cage. I play Heart Pierce. People say the other ond is better , but I disagree. Without the parry you're almost always at risk of getting flawless blocked and U2ed.
I gravitated towards Heart Pierce as well but after watching Sonic's guide Blood Drive might be the way to go. I'll keep messing around with her and see what happens. I definitely underestimated her, not in how good she is but how fun she is to play. She seemed really boring at first but she's actually fun as hell.

My win/loss ration took a nose dive last night lol. Got cooked by a bunch of Nightwolf's. I regret not getting the Kombat Pack for the soul reason of not being able to lab the DLC's but oh well.

Any way didn't mean to de-rail the Johnny Rant thread, back to it fellahs.

Error404

Noob
Quick tip :
Cages D1 starts up in 7 frames and is only -3 on block. That means that you can clown on every character that doesn't have a 9 or 10 frame mid by doing D1 , D1 on block. They are left with 2 options

- poke you back immediately , which you can beat with D1xNP , D1 x Mime or just flawless block x u2.

- Throw which you can duck on a read .(and probably still tech , despite it counter- hitting you)

So I’m not sure if this is known or not but d4, jails into dash s1 on all characters. So instead of going for f3,4,4 into forceballs to get plus frames, you can do 1,2,4 instead. Once again this is all characters, even ones we whiff on. The d4 does have to be semi close, otherwise you aren’t close enough to jail.

M.D.

The more and more I play very long sets (like 100,200 matches) against good people that already learned Cage matchup, I start to not use 124 outside of the corner at all. It literally does nothing than grant them a free walkback and reset the situation I worked hard to get.

It's a universal solution against all cage options. Some of the guys started to walkback d4, which craps even on shadow kick, f3, f4, forceball, or jumpin (that whiffs and they recover first and punish me). So practically I just gave them the opportunity to escape.

Bleah.

d1/d4 on hit into 2 - throw / 244 or f3-throw/f344 is the only viable thing he has left. And it still works wonders even if they know it's comin.

Of course, it's still a guess, so if they guess right on the throw, bye bye 50%

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The more and more I play very long sets (like 100,200 matches) against good people that already learned Cage matchup, I start to not use 124 outside of the corner at all. It literally does nothing than grant them a free walkback and reset the situation I worked hard to get.

It's a universal solution against all cage options. Some of the guys started to walkback d4, which craps even on shadow kick, f3, f4, forceball, or jumpin (that whiffs and they recover first and punish me). So practically I just gave them the opportunity to escape.

Bleah.

d1/d4 on hit into 2 - throw / 244 or f3-throw/f344 is the only viable thing he has left. And it still works wonders even if they know it's comin.

Of course, it's still a guess, so if they guess right on the throw, bye bye 50%
I played a set with a Jade player that walked did walk back d4. I know it depends on how long they walk back and when they D4, but I was catching him with microdash B34. Cage is fucking option roulette. You catch on to them, they catch onto you, and the whole fight becomes "What's the read?". It's annoying to use 124 mid screen when this type of situation plays out because the risk is mostly in Johnny's corner. I swear he should have #YOLO tattooed on his chest instead of Cage.

I played a set with a Jade player that walked did walk back d4. I know it depends on how long they walk back and when they D4, but I was catching him with microdash B34. Cage is fucking option roulette. You catch on to them, they catch onto you, and the whole fight becomes "What's the read?". It's annoying to use 124 mid screen when this type of situation plays out because the risk is mostly in Johnny's corner. I swear he should have #YOLO tattooed on his chest instead of Cage.
Yeah, the way you play with cage is completely based on how your opponent is playing the match, it’s not like Jax or Jacqui where their gameplay is fairly linear and won’t change no matter what their opponents are doing.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Yeah, the way you play with cage is completely based on how your opponent is playing the match, it’s not like Jax or Jacqui where their gameplay is fairly linear and won’t change no matter what their opponents are doing.
I think that's why I keep coming back to him. Despite his faults, he keeps my mind moving and the matches end up feeling more rewarding when you make a bunch of good reads. I'd still kill for a couple adjustments to him.