What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

I'm actually starting to get worried that Johnny is gonna get nerfed. He gets ONE decent kb and everyone loses their mind.
He will because the community has allowed idiot trolls to get under their skin with the “Johnny is OP” talk.

They were doing so strictly to get under your skin and it blew up and now even my grandma texted me from the afterlife calling me a Johnny downplayer.

I told you guys to get a discord lol.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
That and sonic, tweedy and silverrye are literally upplaying cage with every single tweet for like a month, most of the time with fake crap ( except sonic for whom random select is s tier ) and everyone is dickriding them so hard without even checking the facts, because they're "pro" players.

I don't even check Twitter anymore because it just ruins my day. Disregarding the debate over if his buttons are good or not, how can a character with so many bad matchups be top tier? I hope NRS uses their thinking caps for a second and doesn't nerf my boy for literally no reason.

heildan

NANI?!
Bold claim. Now its time to prove it by winning majors using only JC all the way.

People got him nerfed to shit in MKX without winning a single major and yet here we are.

That and sonic, tweedy and silverrye are literally upplaying cage with every single tweet for like a month, most of the time with fake crap ( except sonic for whom random select is s tier ) and everyone is dickriding them so hard without even checking the facts, because they're "pro" players.
They aren’t dick riding them.

They are agreeing with them in order to troll you guys because this community is viewed as annoying and obnoxious.

A lot of these players don’t think cage is actually that good but says he is to get you guys riled up.

There’s literally a “cage downplayers lul” post in a thread or a status literally every day.

You guys gotta wake up and either have fun with the bait like I do or just not take it.

trufenix

bye felicia
Bold claim. Now its time to prove it by winning majors using only JC all the way.

People got him nerfed to shit in MKX without winning a single major and yet here we are.
damn, that subtle post-humous MKX downplay! Win a major with him or he was always bad!

I also love how most people dont give a reason other than +4 and +6 on block

Then what?
our 9frame advancing mid
Oh forgot our 14frame mid after plus doesnt matter to down 1 or 3/4

We get unbreakable dmg?
Like at least 6 other chars broken!

Chip dmg buff that sacrifices dmg to setup? Busted

Plus 16 standing? Great if stand 2 was consistent

Throws? Our like only mixup after most blocked or hit normals that everyone can KB us for. Godlike!

If we bait or wif punish you with same good old b3 4 thats on you if we always throw you thats on you AND IF YOURE TO LAZY TO LAB CAGE COUNTERPLAY, ARE TO STUPID TO WALK BACK AND Too SCARED TO PRESS BUTTONS BECAUSE YOU SEE A + AND NOTHING ELSE ITS ON YOU!

Last edited:
The main thing Sylverye is doing this is to protect his precious Kang. He is doing this agenda from long time.
Now the focus is to Johnny Cage, because SonicFox has made some ridiculous statement, which KombatKiller laugh at hard and said its b.c. and the matchup is in heavy Liu Kang favor.
But Sylverye himself bashed Johnny and dropped him.
Thanks god people remember this:15917

Just look at Sylver twitter, every second post of him is downplaying Kang and now he is using other character to spread this s.....
How can anyone bash Johnny Cage, charater who lacks so many things and has so many problems.
Has sh**** KB and FB in game. And they compare it to Kang with best move ING, best zoning, best KBs and best FB ....
Some pro player are just ridiculous with their s*.
In the next patch if they really nerf Johnny Cage and not buff him(and he needs a lot of fixing) im done with NRS.

M.D.

Well, they fixed the whiffing issue by removing the move out of the 3rd variation, i'll give'em that.

I like the idea, let's see how useless it actually is.

Rising shoulder allowed a full combo from aa before, if they didn't change it and the low fireball actually links from his strings to be safe and not whiff against crouch on 80% of the screen, it will be ok.

heildan

NANI?!
Damn this downplay is almost as bad as that time trufelix tried to downplay the importance of frame data.

Just not nearly as stupid.
Well, just like every top tier character who can take mostly of his MUs on his own.
Can you please point where the downplay is at?
I really wish he was that godly, but it seems its our fault to point where he lacks anyway.
Whatever you say.

heildan

NANI?!
Well, they fixed the whiffing issue by removing the move out of the 3rd variation, i'll give'em that.

I like the idea, let's see how useless it actually is.

Rising shoulder allowed a full combo from aa before, if they didn't change it and the low fireball actually links from his strings to be safe and not whiff against crouch on 80% of the screen, it will be ok.
What did they put in his third variation?

M.D.

Low fireball, high fireball, and rising shoulder.

They changed low fireball to be lower, but they didn't showcase if it whiffs on crouch block.
If it still whiffs on crouch block on cassie and the likes, this variation is SHIT as you lose amplified fireball (as amplifying the low one throws a high one that doesn't hit).

However, this variation has EVEN LESS KB.

They changed a SHIT FUCKING LOAD of KBs, they gave kitana 3 new ones.

For cage, ZERO. And in the third variation you only have the nut punch KB and f43, ROFL.

The spit slap in the face never stops.

Let's see the framedata changes in the patch notes.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Low fireball, high fireball, and rising shoulder.

They changed low fireball to be lower, but they didn't showcase if it whiffs on crouch block.
If it still whiffs on crouch block on cassie and the likes, this variation is SHIT as you lose amplified fireball (as amplifying the low one throws a high one that doesn't hit).

However, this variation has EVEN LESS KB.

They changed a SHIT FUCKING LOAD of KBs, they gave kitana 3 new ones.

For cage, ZERO. And in the third variation you only have the nut punch KB and f43, ROFL.

The spit slap in the face never stops.

Let's see the framedata changes in the patch notes.
He has a safe 9f mid now soooo
It won't matter that much since it costs a bar and Johnny is already insanely meter hungry, but we'll see.

heildan

NANI?!
Oh, I see.
I like the concept. Lacking even more kbs screams a no, but it isn't like he had great ones apart from his sunglasses move.

Lets see how it goes.

Well, just like every top tier character who can take mostly of his MUs on his own.
Can you please point where the downplay is at?
I really wish he was that godly, but it seems its our fault to point where he lacks anyway.
Whatever you say.
Man stunt double was unjustly nerfed but a list was kinda OD.

M.D.

They didn't say what frame data he has, If low fb is still -22 => LOL

But who knows maybe his buttons got faster :/