What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
So, I wasn't sure because I didn't have time to lab yet but confirmed today.

Liu Kang can jail his 12 from a d1 hit, which is +3 on block, with a 9 frame mid, leaving a 6 frame gap to get out (which means 6 frame d1 should trade at best if done frame perfect) and leave him in your face while doing it so he can throw the shit out of you.

AND PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT CAGE JAILING from d1 of 124 +6 THAT LEAVES YOU HALF SCREEN WITH A 14 FRAME MID THAT EVERYONE CAN JUST NEUTRAL JUMP OR BACKDASH MOTHEOIUTRDOGSUHDSOGijposijpoidsajbvoivcxjpoicxzjbkcxzblz;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kcxxxxxxxxxx

Error404

Noob
So, I wasn't sure because I didn't have time to lab yet but confirmed today.

Liu Kang can jail his 12 from a d1 hit, which is +3 on block, with a 9 frame mid, leaving a 6 frame gap to get out (which means 6 frame d1 should trade at best if done frame perfect) and leave him in your face while doing it so he can throw the shit out of you.

AND PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT CAGE JAILING from d1 of 124 +6 THAT LEAVES YOU HALF SCREEN WITH A 14 FRAME MID THAT EVERYONE CAN JUST NEUTRAL JUMP OR BACKDASH MOTHEOIUTRDOGSUHDSOGijposijpoidsajbvoivcxjpoicxzjbkcxzblz;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kc;kcxxxxxxxxxx
I mean , Jax and female Jax can do the same thing also.

heildan

NANI?!
Seriously, I don't believe Liu Kang is that beatable anymore. From upclose he is crazy ridiculous now. In fact he was already. His poke game was good and fast before, but its all d1, 12, 12 while leaving no room now.

I'm sad.

D

Deleted member 35141

Like I predicted the so called johnny buff jailing into 124 was a sham and its showing its face in other characters that have better buttons.

Why is it everytime johnny needs something the response is no he dont need that
Overhead nah- Even though only 2 characters lack a overhead
Faster mid nah- even though he has the slowest non hit confirmable mid besides dvorah
Zoning move to not whiff blocking opponents nah- even some characters amp becomes a mid move
Faster parry nah- pretty sure his is the slowest
Better KBS nah- wow they gave show stopper a super situational KB and other characters get 2 to 3 damn near every game

A top 6 to 7 character is bottom 3 in 5 very important categories, oh it must be because he has auto shimmies and staggers(Highs)
Cassie players dare compare characters what a fucking joke

Can anyone tell me what category is he top 5 at to make him top tier? Honest fucking question
Is he even top 5 in staggers whos better jax, cassie, liu, jaqui, scorpion, pretty sure theres more without looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, I don't believe Liu Kang is that beatable anymore. From upclose he is crazy ridiculous now. In fact he was already. His poke game was good and fast before, but its all d1, 12, 12 while leaving no room now.

I'm sad.
The poke system needs a whole revamp, shit is a joke.

Like I predicted the so called johnny buff jailing into 124 was a sham and its showing its face in other characters that have better buttons.

Why is it everytime johnny needs something the response is no he dont need that
Overhead nah- Even though only 2 characters lack a overhead
Faster mid nah- even though he has the slowest non hit confirmable mid besides dvorah
Zoning move to not whiff blocking opponents nah- even some characters amp becomes a mid move
Faster parry nah- pretty sure his is the slowest
Better KBS nah- wow they gave show stopper a super situational KB and other characters get 2 to 3 damn near every game

A top 6 to 7 character is bottom 3 in 5 very important categories, oh it must be because he has auto shimmies and staggers(Highs)
Cassie players dare compare characters what a fucking joke

Can anyone tell me what category is he top 5 at to make him top tier? Honest fucking question
Is he even top 5 in staggers whos better jax, cassie, liu, jaqui, scorpion, pretty sure theres more without looking
He's the only character in the game without an overhead.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I watch your stream sometimes. Can you tell us what do you been liking in comparison to shock jock?
I feel like with Show Stopper I can finally make the most out of my openings. When I finally open someone up, I will make it fucking hurt as well as making someone hold +16.

I still have access to...
Forceballs (if they work)
All of the same normals

What does Shock Jock provide that Show Stopper hasn't made useless?
The elbow? useless for people who know the MU. You cannot open people up with gimmicks like these

The chip trait? Might as well just never use it, its hard to setup and might even be flawless blocked. The damage you do in unbreakable camera combos will easily make up for this

The only benefit is being able to restand your opponent more frequently with Nut Punch.

Hear me out though, what is the benefit to always resetting people in this game? There really isn't any benefit at +4 and honestly I was tired of choosing between a throw/d1/pressure because Idk how much of a maniac my opponent is. If I end in a flip kick, I'm plus enough to space myself according to my opponent's tendencies, as well as putting myself at a good range for neutral.

I dunno, my Show Stopper is not optimized yet but I am finding much more success with him.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I feel like with Show Stopper I can finally make the most out of my openings. When I finally open someone up, I will make it fucking hurt as well as making someone hold +16.

All of the same normals

The elbow? useless for people who know the MU. You cannot open people up with gimmicks like these

The chip trait? Might as well just never use it, its hard to setup and might even be flawless blocked. The damage you do in unbreakable camera combos will easily make up for this

The only benefit is being able to restand your opponent more frequently with Nut Punch.

Hear me out though, what is the benefit to always resetting people in this game? There really isn't any benefit at +4 and honestly I was tired of choosing between a throw/d1/pressure because Idk how much of a maniac my opponent is. If I end in a flip kick, I'm plus enough to space myself according to my opponent's tendencies, as well as putting myself at a good range for neutral.

I dunno, my Show Stopper is not optimized yet but I am finding much more success with him.
I think that the thing that's keeping me with Shock Jock for the time being is being able to restand in the corner with Nut Punch. I could see myself switching to Showstopper in the future, though.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I think the main issue is trying to reprogram my brain into playing Johnny and not ending all of his combos in Nut Punch.
You haven't known true pain unless you go for D1xxNut Punch just to have this man pull a big ass camera out of his pocket. But yeah, ending combos in Flippy Kick is probably your best way to bait out wakeups. Shimmy game too stronk.

heildan

NANI?!
I think that the thing that's keeping me with Shock Jock for the time being is being able to restand in the corner with Nut Punch. I could see myself switching to Showstopper in the future, though.
I get it, hahah.

All of the same normals

While I prefer Shock Jock, I really feel that I hit the wall with this variation (since there were no buffs). But it feels so weird to me playing Showstopper :(
Can you lend me some help? Mostly about its gameplan and setups.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I get it, hahah.

While I prefer Shock Jock, I really feel that I hit the wall with this variation (since there were no buffs). But it feels so weird to me playing Showstopper :(
Can you lend me some help? Mostly about its gameplan and setups.
My game plan is to weave in and out of someone's neuchtral, playing all sorts of different mini mind games and get them frustrated enough to fuck up and get punished.

Some of the minigames are like this
124 is a gnarly awesome string, even better now with d1's jailing into it
124 will put you at perfect range for a b3... get your opponent conditioned so they try to poke after that +6
End your ex Camera combos with f21 and be plus 16... which is a free 124

-Forceballs.
These are awesome in the neutral, and can stop someone pretty close range... whiff punish smaller normals with these and stop people from waltzing in.
Also use these to bait jumps, trip gaurd with b3 for massive dammie.
While full screen you can use this time to load up your camera. Single shots here and there but do it kinda quickly. Make them think its a ticket in but be smart about it.

I'm still working on like these silly nonsense mind games but its currently how i'm playing the character. I will keep playing and keep seeing what's really doable still. I think if you play patient, load your KB up, and maximize every opening you do get, he will be kinda rediculous lol

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
While full screen you can use this time to load up your camera. Single shots here and there but do it kinda quickly. Make them think its a ticket in but be smart about it.
Oh, so you do try and go for the Camera KB? Are you getting blown up for it? Would you say the extra damage is worth it? I've worked out a setup that guarantees the first whiffed Camera towards the KB but never really tried it in a match yet.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Oh, so you do try and go for the Camera KB? Are you getting blown up for it? Would you say the extra damage is worth it? I've worked out a setup that guarantees the first whiffed Camera towards the KB but never really tried it in a match yet.
It depends on your opponent and it won't work all the time. If I got em shook, or maybe theyll just do a single hit (which sometimes the trade is worth the charge).

I've noticed several non Johnny players aka tryhards using Showstopper just because it got buffed and I don't like it. Always tbag and fatality these people.