What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Johnny is surprisingly amazing against Geras because nothing whiffs. It's crazy how much better of a character he is when everything works. The only thing Geras gets away with against me sometimes is his D1 and that dumbass belly flop move he has that's a jump in. Cage dominates at mid range, and the only characters I can think of that can challenge him at that range are Skarlet, Kabal, and Jade.

I don’t see many people talking about this but does anyone hate the delay after but punch? It really makes it hard to get follow up pressure, opponents constantly are able to poke out even though I’m +5 lol.

I don’t see many people talking about this but does anyone hate the delay after but punch? It really makes it hard to get follow up pressure, opponents constantly are able to poke out even though I’m +5 lol.
Get use to the timing in practice mode. U should be using the camera variation for now on tbh

D

Deleted member 35141

I don’t know, maybe I’m just bad but that shit still seems terrible, I feel like it’s gimmicky and people are blowing it out of proportion.

I’m still using da jock.
Yea I agree having the nut punch despite it not guaranteed anything its still allows alittle mind game. Ive seen more people lose trying the KBs in the camera variation.

Don't underestimate how good Mime Time can be for stuffing wakeup attacks
Yea. Mime time sucks. People i fight barely wake up because there are just better ways to wake up options. Do mime time and get full combo punish tryna do a sick read. Also its 11 frames compared to liu's 8 frame parry

D

Deleted member 35141

Lol now johnny is a top 6-7 character
And he gets easy 45% damage in the showstopper variation lol good luck landing that KB combo consistently.
I have played enough other characters that can get 2 KBs every game yet I'm suppose to be happy at a KB that is super situational.

I'm also getting tired of a particular johnny player here that consistently up plays everything johnny does despite the last time he posted a youtube video he was trash and had more losses then wins

And he gets easy 45% damage in the showstopper variation lol good luck landing that KB combo consistently.
I have played enough other characters that can get 2 KBs every game yet I'm suppose to be happy at a KB that is super situational.

I'm also getting tired of a particular johnny player here that consistently up plays everything johnny does despite the last time he posted a youtube video he was trash and had more losses then wins
Uh oh...

To be honest bro, I think you and M.D kinda need to take a break from TYM.

You got all sorts of dumbass jabronis saying shit in the downplay thread to tilt you two specifically and you guys are playing right into it lol.

Yea. Johnny S tier now with brain dead plus frames and staggers. I heard this shit and started laughing hard asl. Johnny up play is ridiculous. Next time i just gonna say forceballs whiff and he has a lot of bad match ups

heildan

NANI?!
Yea. Johnny S tier now with brain dead plus frames and staggers. I heard this shit and started laughing hard asl. Johnny up play is ridiculous. Next time i just gonna say forceballs whiff and he has a lot of bad match ups
Who said that? They thinkin my boy Johnny became Liu Kang now? Stahp.

Name's Johnny, Johnny Cage, not Liu Kang.

Error404

Noob
IDK if anyone else is still playing Shock Jock , but either way , here is some Caged Rage tech .

12xCR or 34xCR will trade with 7 frame pokes/jabs (at level 2 , obviously) . In the corner , depending on the button you traded with , this can give you a link into 121 for a combo.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
IDK if anyone else is still playing Shock Jock , but either way , here is some Caged Rage tech .

12xCR or 34xCR will trade with 7 frame pokes/jabs (at level 2 , obviously) . In the corner , depending on the button you traded with , this can give you a link into 121 for a combo.
Thanks.

Showstopper may be the preferred version now, but I just can't let go of Shock Jock.

Last edited:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Cage is fine for what he is, but S-tier? Yeah, not a chance there.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

"A particular johnny player," "had more losses than wins." Yeah, I know you're talking about me, man, just come out and say my name, don't hide who you're talking about. I know my record isn't the best, I mainly play people here, players that I know are above my level, its the best way to learn. It's not like I'm losing to random scrub players. If I'm learning and improving, that's all that matters to me. And I'm better now than I was in that video. Just ask the players in our TYM KOTH, they can vouch for me.

As for the up-play, as you call it: I don't consider it up-play, I consider it as saying that Johnny's not as bad as some people think. He's not S-tier, and yeah, the forceball whiffing is a clear issue that I've agreed is a legit concern, but he can still do fine.

"A particular johnny player," "had more losses than wins." Yeah, I know you're talking about me, man, just come out and say my name, don't hide who you're talking about. I know my record isn't the best, I mainly play people here, players that I know are above my level, its the best way to learn. It's not like I'm losing to random scrub players. If I'm learning and improving, that's all that matters to me. And I'm better now than I was in that video. Just ask the players in our TYM KOTH, they can vouch for me.

As for the up-play, as you call it: I don't consider it up-play, I consider it as saying that Johnny's not as bad as some people think. He's not S-tier, and yeah, the forceball whiffing is a clear issue that I've agreed is a legit concern, but he can still do fine.
He’s just upset bro, I’m sure he didn’t mean to knock you, he’s just letting that thread get to him lol.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
He’s just upset bro, I’m sure he didn’t mean to knock you, he’s just letting that thread get to him lol.
Yeah, maybe...sigh I dunno.

Seeing some of the salt, its like people forget that it's a game. We're all at different levels, and we can all have knowledge of a character. It's putting it into practice and knowing what to do in the heat of the moment that counts.

And when you're someone like me, a Master-level player that's basically usually facing players that are at Demi-God and God levels, its not gonna look as good when you check my record without that knowledge.