What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

TFW I watch Raptors advanced Show Stopper combo guide and think to myself, "I really need to give this variation a shot." Probably the worst idea I've had but this video had my hype....

In all honesty though if Say Cheese didn't completely miss on 90% of his strings this variation wouldn't be half bad. The "un-air-escapable" (that even a real word?) damage would be lit. Obviously no real reason to use Throwing Shades outside of the KB though. Maybe I'm too optimistic for a Friday?

heildan

NANI?!
Anyone experienced against Lao? Fought against a defensive Lao yesterday and got boped.
Any help would be cool.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Anyone experienced against Lao? Fought against a defensive Lao yesterday and got boped.
Any help would be cool.
It comes down to making the read. Yolo Kung Laos tend to be easily punished. I have trouble with solid Lao's utilizing his good staggers and careful use of z-hat pressure. He also controls the air extremely well with reactionary dive kicks. Plus, dat dmg yikes. He's very reliant on throws though, so when you figure out the gaps where throws are likely to happen you can punish him hard. I gotta be honest, I lose more than I win to Lao's - especially the ones who does not rely on teleport. You just gotta lab it. Some Lao's end in hat throw when you predict the z-hat, but that's super punishable. It's kinda like the Liu Kang situation where it's a risk/reward that favors the defender in some regards. D4 works wonders as always

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Any tips for getting Johnny's flip kick brute to trigger? There are times when I've landed 3 and the final one doesn't trigger the brute for some reason.

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
Is there anyone on YT or twitch that plays JC a decent amount that I can watch and see how he plays? I'm thinking about playing JC abit for fun since i love the character <3

Error404

Noob
F344 would be a safe, hitconfirmable stagger that you can make plus on block. It would be pretty retarded . If f44 was cancelable or f2 was a mid that would be fair .

F344 would be a safe, hitconfirmable stagger that you can make plus on block. It would be pretty (soap bar in my mouth) . If f44 was cancelable or f2 was a mid that would be fair .
Only thing good about f44 is that it’s safe not even a combo starter.. and that’s our only hit confirmation out of our whole arsenal