What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Error404

Noob
F344 would be a safe, hitconfirmable stagger that you can make plus on block. It would be pretty (soap bar in my mouth) . If f44 was cancelable or f2 was a mid that would be fair .

F344 would be a safe, hitconfirmable stagger that you can make plus on block. It would be pretty (soap bar in my mouth) . If f44 was cancelable or f2 was a mid that would be fair .
Only thing good about f44 is that it’s safe not even a combo starter.. and that’s our only hit confirmation out of our whole arsenal

What about just fixing the whiffing issues and making b3 a bit faster? Would that be too much?

Also you have to take into account that giving him more KBs means more animation work at NRS, you are likely looking at just the nutpunch one and the mime one being changed.

Owerbart

I miss you
i have the perfect buff for johnny. Eliminate his F43 string from the game. It's completely useless, and 99% of the time it comes out its because you missed the f4 into nutpunch

Dankster Morgan

she don’t call me daddy she call me Grandmaster
i have the perfect buff for johnny. Eliminate his F43 string from the game. It's completely useless, and 99% of the time it comes out its because you missed the f4 into nutpunch
Iv had a lag spike cause me to mess up F4 NP at the end of my combo, F43 comes out for the million years it takes to finish and I get combed lol

Is there any way to jail against female hit boxes after a D1? I've been struggling against my friend's Jacqui. I just D4 after a D1 because 244 whiffs.

After watching this Kombat Killer I'm convinced the only buff Jonny needs is a hit-box change for female characters. I feel as this is enough to make him viable against almost all matchups. Do you think he needs much more? I know his KBs aren't great but so are a lot of kharacters.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
As it's been said a million times, the buffs and fixes needed are the following:

1. Fix hitboxes. The 1 and 2 jailing after d1 on hit, the highs NOT whiffing on crouch block, projectiles not whiffing on crouch block. Everything should work as it worked vs Erron in the finals, on ALL CAST period. Except the f3444 WHIFFING THE LAST MID on crouch block on erron !
  2. He NEEDS his KB fixed. Have you ever been hit with 5 KB in a row from jax or geras?
That's it.

Last edited:
He NEEDS his KB fixed. Have you ever been hit with 5 KB in a row from jax or geras?
I feel like Geras and Jax are outliers with their KBs and that is what makes them playable. Otherwise, in my opinion, they would be bottom tier kharacters. Most of the cast you only really have one KB that is likely to land. What makes Jonny good is his jailing, safe strings, not really his KB.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Cage doesn't have a single one. He needs his KB to actually work, otherwise why the hell put them in the movelist in the first place?

You're not honestly saying that with the hitboxes fixed, he'd be so broken that he needs his KB game to be ass, I hope.

Dankster Morgan

she don’t call me daddy she call me Grandmaster
I feel like Geras and Jax are outliers with their KBs and that is what makes them playable. Otherwise, in my opinion, they would be bottom tier kharacters. Most of the cast you only really have one KB that is likely to land. What makes Jonny good is his jailing, safe strings, not really his KB.
They have great tools outside of KB.

Johnny has great tools but they’re littered with inconsistency. And no KBs

I honestly think that his nut punch KB is good enough to be used as a punish. Yes, the requirements for some are stupid like mime time and F43 would be useable if he did not jump over his opponent.

Even when the hit boxes are fixed still 8 out of 10 of his strings are highs and a game based off of footsies and pokes a good player is going to blow that up every time. I don’t understand why Liu Kang gets a mid plus string that he can shove down our throats as he pleases and everybody else gets great mix ups and cancels (except Dvorah, Kano, and couple others) and all we get stuck with is a high fast force ball that’s plus only when sacrificing a bar... Just a better mid string but that’s asking too damn much apparently and yesssss his KBs need fixed for the love of god

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
For the record, many characters highs whiff on crouch block and won't jail either. That's just the way it is. Johnny's in a weird place considering he benefits from having a smaller hurt box, while simultaneously having whiff issues with his own hitboxes.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
If the devs can see this and everyone else, don’t buff Johnny. He’s an amazing character when he doesn’t whiff and fun as hell,he def will be top 5 when he gets fixed. The reason barely any people play him is because his main pressure and strings whiff on like 80% of the cast.

Kombat telling it like it is!