What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

It doesn't whiff d4 is +17 on hit so you have time to do the f3 before they get control back to their character.

Also, yes, after you play Johnny and then put your hands on someone with a 9 frame mid or a mixup, it's high heaven.

I also play Kabal, and whenever I switch I feel like I have superpowers, what is this sorcery half screen 11 frame mids into 50-50s wtf
With Jax, I barely have to think at all lmao. Its funny af but im crying inside, he has a low starter, an hard to react mid to overhead/low mixup, great mid projectile and great normals. Absolute tank of a character

It doesn't whiff d4 is +17 on hit so you have time to do the f3 before they get control back to their character.

Also, yes, after you play Johnny and then put your hands on someone with a 9 frame mid or a mixup, it's high heaven.

I also play Kabal, and whenever I switch I feel like I have superpowers, what is this sorcery half screen 11 frame mids into 50-50s wtf
I'm sorry I read d3 lol there is not enough hit frames to jail a d3 into 233? is there it's like a 2 frame difference

how do you deal with constant d1 pokes walk back and try and whiff punish? I'm about to try and go to the lab and see if I can find a way to flawless block punish all the mashing going on.
You can't deal with it, that's the point. You have to constantly be at midrange and wait for an opening.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I tried Jax, and my god.. hes so much better and by that I mean there is less thinking involved. Its like bringing a loaded shotgun into battle (Jax) rather than a pencil (Johnny)

If you bring the current mentality of Johnny with his mixups and apply it with like Jax, you'll see more success with his overhead/low game people just cant crouch block the whole game.
I think this seems to be a mindset of a lot of people, and this game really isnt 5050s like MKX. JC has everything he needs based on how MK11 is designed. Jax overall is a better char Ill agree with that

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
The game isn't 50-50 like mkx for Cage, yes.

Erron
Sonya
Jax
Liu Kang
Subzero

Should I go on?

And this thing with "watch XYZ's Johnny" is getting really old.

Sure, very skilled players can win with this toolset.

THIS DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT THEY WORK 5 TIMES HARDER TO DO SO THAN SAID CHARACTER MAINS ABOVE.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Is it me or is Johnny way to honest he has no dirty his parry is slow, everything starts up high, garbage kbs, he cant juggle 2 bars like kung lao, I honestly have an easier time playing ranked with lao than Johnny and I really want to play Johnny because of shimmies and staggers. Everyone's tier lists have johny up higher than lao, but I really cant see it being true.
JC is a lot a better because his D4 jails into f344 if they hit a button. His pokes are far superior as well as his frame data. Poor Kl is negative on pretty much everything where as JC has 124 plus 6 on block

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
The game isn't 50-50 like mkx for Cage, yes.

Erron
Sonya
Jax
Liu Kang
Subzero

Should I go on?

And this thing with "watch XYZ's Johnny" is getting really old.

Sure, very skilled players can win with this toolset.

THIS DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT THEY WORK 5 TIMES HARDER TO DO SO THAN SAID CHARACTER MAINS ABOVE.
If you are only comparing JC to the top tier, hes in a good spot

And if people r saying "watch this player", its to give you an idea of what he can really do. If you played MK9 JC you should be fine. If you started in MKX then yes I can see why you arent into him

If you are only comparing JC to the top tier, hes in a good spot

And if people r saying "watch this player", its to give you an idea of what he can really do. If you played MK9 JC you should be fine. If you started in MKX then yes I can see why you arent into him
Right, I was just trying to showcase some high level Johnny since nobody seems to be paying him. MD's been cranky since launch so it's whatever.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Dude, everyone with decent arguments here knows the toolset of the character.

Top players don't use magic moves, they use the same toolset. Sure, they win because they're good, but it's clear as day that he's lacking. Not much, but he is.

Having no usable KBs for one thing.

The people who say that Cage is fine the way he is are the same people that complained about A-list in MKX. They're hypocrites that most likely use easy characters, and never used Cage. We're not asking for overheads even though everybody else has one, we just don't want female characters and D1 mashers dictating the pace of every match.

Dude, everyone with decent arguments here knows the toolset of the character.

Top players don't use magic moves, they use the same toolset. Sure, they win because they're good, but it's clear as day that he's lacking. Not much, but he is.

Having no usable KBs for one thing.
if you win with Cage this time around, it's because you completely out played and out smarted your opponent. Whereas other characters like Jax or Sub Zero don't even have to think. You have to work 3 times as hard. I wish these people would post videos of them winning with Cage against somebody who knows what they're doing.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Someone tell me how to fucking @ tag people so I can stop using reply and quote to get them to see my posts, please lord, seriously someone tell me
M.D. come on. Johnny isn’t that bad. It’s not that he needs to be buffed to their level, it’s that they (I think SZ is fine for the record, but Geras, Scorp, Erron are OD) need to be brought down to everyone elses.

Fix our hitboxes and KB requirements and we’ll be just fine. Sick of not being able to pick him vs females tbh.

I do understand there’s precedent for your fears because of the A Lister stuff though. I’m on the same page there. If some fucker from NRS strolls through and sees us all saying “He’s fine” or “He’s got strengths.” They’re guna add him to the nerf list. We should he positive, but hide our beliefs from persecution... I hearby declare Johnny is weak af... Cough.
;-/

Last edited:

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I think I'd sell my left arm for a faster parry. And after playing a lengthy set against a Kabal, I honestly feel no shame asking for either F2 or F3 to get turned into a mid.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
so I've been planning online with Johnny for a while and I've actually stop using the nut punch as an Ender and gone for either flip kick or Shadow kick for Corner carry I had a geras in the corner so damn afraid to move that he kept trying to jump out in desperation but yeah honestly though Johnny does need some work however I'm actually having fun but that's probably just do to my mindset

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah, I did notice that. It's an M-rated game where people are getting their heads decapitated and their bodies mutilated in horrifying ways. If we can deal with that, we can handle some foul language.

EDIT: Cassie in the Story Mode even flat-out says "Fuck you", so not really sure of the decision there.
don't know if this has been discussed here yet, but have you noticed Johnny's Fuck You Taunt is censored? I'm kind of disappointed with that. :(
Guys it’s a part of the whole actor bit.

Just like him backing up into a boom mic, or him having multiple cuts in his first fatality. It’s a part of the whole playing with the fourth wall thing.

It’s like he’s being edited.

If they actually wanted to censor it seriously they would have censored all the other cursing in the game(there’s plenty) or they would have removed it or changed the words used. Not use the most generic TV bleep possible

Last edited:

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Guys it’s a part of the whole actor bit.

Just like him backing up into a boom mic, or him having multiple cuts in his first fatality. It’s a part of the whole playing with the fourth wall thing.

It’s like he’s being edited.

If they actually wanted to censor it seriously they would have censored all the other cursing in the game(there’s plenty) or they would have removed it or changed the words used. Not use the most generic TV bleep possible
I thought that the bleeps had to do with the whole 'actor' schtick too, but...

Skip to 17:20

Skip to 23:33

Nah, it looks like their straight censoring swear words. And no, it's not an edit by the uploader, you can listen to these intros in-game and the bleeps are still there. People think it has something to do with E-sports. which is weird if that's the case. Mutilating your fellow man is A-OK, but an F-Bomb? No dice.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Kind of funny how this thread is non-stop complaints about how bad Cage is, meanwhile Emperor Kombat just took this weeks Kombat Kup using mostly Cage.

If you are still getting beat by d1 spam, that's on you. That isn't even a valid complaint in my eyes. You're clearly doing something wrong.

Kind of funny how this thread is non-stop complaints about how bad Cage is, meanwhile Emperor Kombat just took this weeks Kombat Kup using mostly Cage.

If you are still getting beat by d1 spam, that's on you. That isn't even a valid complaint in my eyes. You're clearly doing something wrong.
124, F21, and F344 all whiff if your opponent is poke spamming as they're high starters. There are several hitbox issues, and females duck under everything. Post videos of yourself winning with Cage as well as your character history.