What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

If it's not intentional explain why it's not been fixed in how many patches now? When other whiffing has? You think NRS just has it out for poor Johnny Cage. Or, if you could stop downplaying for one literal minute and think... Maybe, just maybe. They agree with me.
Anyways, it's been fun. I actually came to this thread for a legitimate discussion but as soon as anyone mentions absolutely anything critical about JC (the fact that he has insane options with 0 meter, insane safe options is a legitimate critique to be discussed...) its like a fuckin' nervous tick that y'all go straight into immediate downplay mode and refuse to have a honest conversation about how strong JC really is (Top 5, still easily AF).
Enjoy the circlejerk. pce
How about you play the almighty JC and I’ll be Kano FT5 deal?

DeftMonk

Noob
If it's not intentional explain why it's not been fixed in how many patches now? When other whiffing has? You think NRS just has it out for poor Johnny Cage. Or, if you could stop downplaying for one literal minute and think... Maybe, just maybe. They agree with me.
Anyways, it's been fun. I actually came to this thread for a legitimate discussion but as soon as anyone mentions absolutely anything critical about JC (the fact that he has insane options with 0 meter, insane safe options is a legitimate critique to be discussed...) its like a fuckin' nervous tick that y'all go straight into immediate downplay mode and refuse to have a honest conversation about how strong JC really is (Top 5, still easily AF).
Enjoy the circlejerk. pce
Bro u are coming around here complaining while saying whiffing issues are intentional balance decisions. I suppose old man Shang has some balance differences from young man Shang as those two skins have different hurtboxes and whiffing issues (since last time I checked anyway).

Bro u are coming around here complaining while saying whiffing issues are intentional balance decisions. I suppose old man Shang has some balance differences from young man Shang as those two skins have different hurtboxes and whiffing issues (since last time I checked anyway).
Lol I already blocked this clown the fact that he went dead silent after I threw the challenge out speaks volumes.

Last time you checked anyway, huh. Solid basis for a real good point in a discussion. Wonder if that's been fixed.
You ever wonder what the difference between intentional hurtbox design and "whiffing issues" is?
Scorpion's 1,1 used to completely whiff crouch blocking Johnny, but now it doesn't. I wonder if NRS fixing moves that whiff ON Johnny but not his moves whiffing on others, implying that they have looked RIGHT AT Johnny's "whiffing issues" and have chosen not to fix his moves whiffing, speaks to if it's intentional or not? What do you think?

Also, @Rodney Quillz challenging people to FT5s to see who's right about a character has got to be one of the biggest, most hilarious memes on TYM.

DeftMonk

Noob
Last time you checked anyway, huh. Solid basis for a real good point in a discussion. Wonder if that's been fixed.
You ever wonder what the difference between intentional hurtbox design and "whiffing issues" is?
Scorpion's 1,1 used to completely whiff crouch blocking Johnny, but now it doesn't. I wonder if NRS fixing moves that whiff ON Johnny but not his moves whiffing on others, implying that they have looked RIGHT AT Johnny's "whiffing issues" and have chosen not to fix his moves whiffing, speaks to if it's intentional or not? What do you think?

Also, @Rodney Quillz challenging people to FT5s to see who's right about a character has got to be one of the biggest, most hilarious memes on TYM.
I had to uninstall the game to make room for some work software recently otherwise I would check. I would be highly surprised if they fixed allll the whiffing issues. Can erron still stand block the third hit of f3444 and the crouch to make the last hit whiff? Etc. I always have greatly enjoyed Nrs games but shit like this is a bit annoying.

It’s one thing if a character has a high or low crush move but I don’t remember the tutorial mentioning ducking as a way to low profile mids.