What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Tundra81

This is re-goddamned-diculous
Premium Supporter
How do y'all feel about the Noob MU, I might just be trash but it feels like I'm approaching it wrong.
Bro I was going to come here the other night and ask the same question 'cause I've been getting worked by Noob's lately, lol. He hits like a truck, you can't really zone him and he's got really good range. Been a tough MU lately for me lately as well.

Edit: I've been playing nothing but Outtake lately too, may Show Stopper would be the way to go like Rizz said.

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Noob's d4 is cancer as it destroys any jump in attempt and kills all your +6 walkback mindgames since you can't walkback because he clips you.

However he can't open you up either so it becomes a matter of who loses patience first, which can drag on for a lot. Not necessarily a fan of this matchup because it's very boring since you both play cat and mouse.

Also, I have finally flipped with the top1 imbecility so I did this:

Disclaimer: foul language VERY present

thlityoursloat

Scarlet peeing
Noob's d4 is cancer as it destroys any jump in attempt and kills all your +6 walkback mindgames since you can't walkback because he clips you.

However he can't open you up either so it becomes a matter of who loses patience first, which can drag on for a lot. Not necessarily a fan of this matchup because it's very boring since you both play cat and mouse.

Noob "not opening you up" is a fucking meme. The fucker has an autoshimmy that launches, a 50m grab and 2 grab KBs.
The character is the godfather of the d3 d3 d3 grab mixup. Horrendous.

Tundra81

Premium Supporter

I watched it this morning while having breakfast, it's a great video. I had to go in the other room because my kids kept looking at me funny, lol. People are still going to come at you with their torches and pitch fork's but it's undeniable, the proof is all right there. I think we're all in agreement that he's top tier but top 1 just seems absurd. Now go get those S2 staggers out of your ass, not good if you leave them up there too long. Good video!

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Black Sabbath is slightly in Johnny's favor across all variations IMO. Johnny is one of the few who can consistently full combo punish any b11+3 attempt from Noob Saibot. Yes he has insane footsies (this is heavily downplayed aspect of Noob btw) but has always been held back by his matchup inconsistency. He's high tier against people who cant punish his mid properly, mid against people who can.

Which leads os to Seeing Double. Seeing Double makes Noob Saibot one of the safest, neutral focused characters in the game. Minimal risks, gets very good damage of stray hits. F2 is an amazing string and really shuts down a lot of the shimmy stuff Johnny can usually do against many of the cast. Coupled with d3 to check the +6 situations a lot better than most of the cast - he has all the tools to deal with Johnny effectively. Low Shadow also gives him access to a new Krushing Blow and he still has considerable corner damage.

I'd say Outtake has an advantage here still because Noob cant really do shit about it in Seeing Double. Projectiles are too fast for his teleport on reaction, and even on a hard read his teleport nets like 120 damage. But generally I'd say 5-5. He has a fast mid, we dont and his pokes make this very apparent. His is full combo punishable unless he uses Seeing Double and does b1 into ex shadow

Parasurama

Dragon
Black Sabbath is slightly in Johnny's favor across all variations IMO. Johnny is one of the few who can consistently full combo punish any b11+3 attempt from Noob Saibot. Yes he has insane footsies (this is heavily downplayed aspect of Noob btw) but has always been held back by his matchup inconsistency. He's high tier against people who cant punish his mid properly, mid against people who can.

Which leads os to Seeing Double. Seeing Double makes Noob Saibot one of the safest, neutral focused characters in the game. Minimal risks, gets very good damage of stray hits. F2 is an amazing string and really shuts down a lot of the shimmy stuff Johnny can usually do against many of the cast. Coupled with d3 to check the +6 situations a lot better than most of the cast - he has all the tools to deal with Johnny effectively. Low Shadow also gives him access to a new Krushing Blow and he still has considerable corner damage.

I'd say Outtake has an advantage here still because Noob cant really do shit about it in Seeing Double. Projectiles are too fast for his teleport on reaction, and even on a hard read his teleport nets like 120 damage. But generally I'd say 5-5. He has a fast mid, we dont and his pokes make this very apparent. His is full combo punishable unless he uses Seeing Double and does b1 into ex shadow
Useful info :) so you punish B11+3 with F3?

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I dont think it's possible at max spacing, but that rarely happens. The only time that happens is when they try to throw it out from a range where the b1 whiffs. But yeah, it's f3. I do a little micro dash to make sure I always get in range. It's -17 I think, so it's not the hardest punish but it is tight if the dash in is needed. Just practice the shit out of it. Else just do shadow kicks when in doubt.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
If you're online and it's a solid connection, hell yeah. If it's 120+ ping and wifi (so like...every fucking match), then no. On bad connections, I tend to just shadow kick the fucker. It's insane because B11+3 is very recognizable, and slow enough that you have time to go "ohhhh man, I'm going to full combo punish this dumb fucker!" and then you hit F3 and it's blocked. Cool. Thanks online.

Tundra81

Premium Supporter
I've been catching a lot of these fuckers that like to mash D2 on our F3 with the NP KB. I'll bait the F3 walk back slightly or duck and as soon as they whiff the D2...bam 370 if they don't break which they usually do :(

Kinda shitty damage for 2 bars and a KB but it is what it is and it feels good when you land it.

Edit: Shout outs to all the Shao Kahn players out there, when are they not mashing D2, +/- don't matter we mashin'. Worse than Jade's IMO.