What's new

MK11 Costume Concept Art Found In The The Krypt!

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Sadly, it's like this with pretty much every NRS game. There are always better designs you can find in the concept art in comparison to the ones that were actually turned into skins. Look up MKX concept art and you will see what I mean.
It may also come down to what is easier to animate. There is good concept art even in the 3D era MK games.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Jade's #3 here definitely should have been her base skin over #5. Having her hair free and not having the stupid flowing butt/crotch flaps makes it infinitely better, and I love the desert-esque scarf she has in it. #3 feels WAY more like "covert desert assassin" than #5 does.

Also, her staves are purple here as they should be. Where's my purple staff, NRS? WHERE IS IT?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Ok, Jacqui a shame they went with crappy outfits instead of the ones on the top row. I like how they're a mix of both technological with a hint of stylish that's also sexy at the time while not over the top. The first one on the second row(from the left) also looks good yet badass.

Jade, man I don't know why they wouldn't have gone with at least ONE of the first two from the left. At least they have some classic appeal.

Cassie, I like the on the left and middle. They have a little bit of flare in a Robocop partner kind of way. Nice find.
But those ARE Jacquis in game skins lol. It's just that the character concept art is better than the 3d modeling.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
There is a perfect description for NRS concept art: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

There is some really amazing concept art, which unfortunately never makes it into the game. Probably too much cleavage.
Then there is horrible concept art, which makes characters look like futuristic clothing created in the year 3000 for the year 4000.
And then there is the bland and uninspired art, which makes you question how some people actually get money for that work. And by some feat of nature, THAT art makes it into the game and you get visually ResidentSleeper characters like Jacqui Briggs, or full-body-armor-don't-you-dare-look-at-me-before-we-marry Cassie Cage.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
But those ARE Jacquis in game skins lol. It's just that the character concept art is better than the 3d modeling.
The one in the middle and second from the left are not in the game lol. And pretty sure the 4th one ain't either Must have been too sexy for NRS. lol :p She does seem to show more skin than most but Cetrion actually has a lot of skin showing outfits too, people just overlook it cause she's a glowing God and all.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
The one in the middle and second from the left are not in the game lol. And pretty sure the 4th one ain't either Must have been too sexy for NRS. lol :p She does seem to show more skin than most but Cetrion actually has a lot of skin showing outfits too, people just overlook it cause she's a glowing God and all.
Cassie has the worst skins options imho. Like they really messed up with her it's a shame. She's probably my biggest design disappointment aesthetically from last game.

EDIT: cetrion is actually kinda sexy with her alt skins. Her default skin looks like the jolly green giant though.