What's new

MK10 Wishlist

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
a return to universal normals and the high low punch kick system as well as a run meter. mk9 is too slow. the original mk series up until 4 was very unique. i played a lot of them in my childhood but upon revisiting them now i realize the universal attacks made the games different. standard jab and kick system with unique attacks activated by close range was a really cool system. mk9 now still feels very different to other fighters and i know we wont see a return to a more hardcore aesthetic in mk10 as im sure it will ride the success of mk9 and NRS wants to make money. maybe mk11 will see a true return to form. i love mk9 but i like mk3 more.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Also, I would ike to see some new characters in this game along with adding some characters from the past that were not included in this version of the game. I will say it again. We must have an awesome netcode or I will not buy Mk10 due to the non existent scene I have here.

Reneketon

Buyback, cos I'm mad
Good stuff
I was going to make a big post here, but this guy just summed up everything I was going to post.

Keep this engine, expand the current characters movelist. Fix all the UI/engine/training mode problems and all that other jaz.

Also, give noob more normals that enable him to zone better...seriously he feels like such an unfinished character.

Louder music.
An actual announcer, like in every other fighting game.
Reptile to be even less human, look like lizard man from soul calibur.
NO RUN BUTTON.
No more unique animations in combo strings, all those animations should be usable on there own as command normals, things like scorpions fire kick.
Some kind of hitstun decay, mostly to open up combo potential and not have to lock off combo strings from being special cancelable.
NO RUN BUTTON.
Modest outfits for woman.
Fix hair and cloth physics.
Remove raiden from the game.
Add in more defensive options, possibly a special kind of block that allows you take no chip on normals, but is limited by a bar or something.
NO FUCKING RUN BUTTON.
Also agree with the bolded.

Lastly...don't use gamespy. NRS...FFS get a decent netcode.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I've been thinking about this more recently since there's a possibility of an MK10 announcement this summer. Here's an update of what I want to see:

General gameplay mechanics:
-keep the current meter system or at least don't drastically revamp it, it's good
-make all character hitboxes equal unless there's a purpose involving balance
-as many already want, allow for different xray's
-stage sizes should all be equal and nothing should interfere with regular gameplay (i.e. foreground objects, shaking, lag)
-wakeups should stay as is, but tighten the window for the invincibility to increase its riskiness
-vary the air attacks (not the same jp's and jk's for everyone)
-should go without saying, but get rid of the input bug and negative edge
-throw techs shouldn't be a guessing game for direction

Story and characters:
-the story should involve having to resurrect the currently dead characters, and costumes of these characters should have zombie and post-resurrection versions
-sub zero should be removed and cyber sub zero should be permanent (i know people won't like this, and i think sub zero is sexy, but i just think it'd be nice to see something different and it makes sense story-wise)
-the story mode should act similarly to how it does in mk9 (conquest mode was good, i just really don't like copy characters like shujinko. the main point of characters like that is to get used to other characters' moves while in story mode)
-major/popular characters from mk4 and mkda should appear (shinnok, reiko, tanya, frost, bo rai cho) along with new ones
-i'd like to see a bigger cast than mk9, but not so big that it becomes an mk:a fuckup
-no more guest characters

Features:
-better practice mode and an online practice mode
-if the netcode could work for it, an online 4-player tag mode
-minigames like chess kombat
-online ranked matches don't let new players become matched with experienced ones (trueskill could work so you can only be matched with people 5 TS points above or below you)
-rankings should not only take # of wins into account
-no more ridiculous achievements/trophies like the "my kung fu is stronger" one
-character color customization
-the return of friendships, above all else

Maxter

Noob
I want freddy to be back, possibly Jason. the MK community accepted freddy as an MK character already, most of the community wants him back. if they add jason would be kick ass man, jason should be a macchette rush down character.
Only those 2 characters, not more stupid guests

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I've been thinking about this more recently since there's a possibility of an MK10 announcement this summer. Here's an update of what I want to see:

General gameplay mechanics:
-keep the current meter system or at least don't drastically revamp it, it's good
-make all character hitboxes equal unless there's a purpose involving balance
-as many already want, allow for different xray's
-stage sizes should all be equal and nothing should interfere with regular gameplay (i.e. foreground objects, shaking, lag)
-wakeups should stay as is, but tighten the window for the invincibility to increase its riskiness
-vary the air attacks (not the same jp's and jk's for everyone)
-should go without saying, but get rid of the input bug and negative edge
-throw techs shouldn't be a guessing game for direction

Story and characters:
-the story should involve having to resurrect the currently dead characters, and costumes of these characters should have zombie and post-resurrection versions
-sub zero should be removed and cyber sub zero should be permanent (i know people won't like this, and i think sub zero is sexy, but i just think it'd be nice to see something different and it makes sense story-wise)
-the story mode should act similarly to how it does in mk9 (conquest mode was good, i just really don't like copy characters like shujinko. the main point of characters like that is to get used to other characters' moves while in story mode)
-major/popular characters from mk4 and mk:da should appear (shinnok, reiko, tanya, frost, bo rai cho) along with new ones
-i'd like to see a bigger cast than mk9, but not so big that it becomes an mk:a fuckup
-no more guest characters

Features:
-better practice mode and an online practice mode
-if the netcode could work for it, an online 4-player tag mode
-minigames like chess kombat
-online ranked matches don't let new players become matched with experienced ones (trueskill could work so you can only be matched with people 5 TS points above or below you)
-rankings should not only take # of wins into account
-no more ridiculous achievements/trophies like the "my kung fu is stronger" one
-character color customization
-the return of friendships, above all else
I just want to add... I think RANKED matches should be a set. Somehow they need to figure out how to make ranked best 2 of 3.
I don't like the idea of having more characters. I think they should make a judgement call and only keep around the same amount we have now. Too many characters, you get overlap.
I also hope they stick to a good story. You want people to buy and play after mk9... keep banging out good stories.... and make sure the game is tournament viable. That will def bring in tons of money at first.... and then as the game matures.... will cash in on the tourney players.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Posted on G-Faqs:

General Gameplay:
- No Player 1 advantage. That includes the ability for only Player 1 to select a stage throughout an entire set. The loser should be the one who picks the stage.
- Fix the input bug to a large extent.
- No moves that are potentially exploitable in even the most minor lag like the Elbow Dash (tone it down or scrap it).
- No moves that break the game's rules like the Rune Trap.
- No moves that have limitless potential in the hands of Artificial Intelligence like the Nomad Dash.
- No braindead moves that possess ridiculous comeback factor by repeating multiple times like Cage's F3.
- Make all the stages equal in size. Not too big, not too small.
- I want to say no damage scaling or glitch "resets," but that has less to do with purposeful design, and more with carelessness. Well, not sure about Cyrax's case. Could be both.

Story Mode:
- Ability to skip cutscenes.
- Be more consistent with character "power levels." (SPOILERS). ****ing Stryker shouldn't be strong enough to defeat Kintaro AND Ermac. Kitana should not be kicking Shang's ass and dragging him to Shao Kahn. Kung Lao should not be powerful enough to defeat the Deadly Alliance considering, in DA, he had to train under Bo Rai Cho just to be strong enough to challenge them--and he still lost. I mean, come on. -.- (END SPOILERS).

Practice mode:
- Whenever you forget to select a stage, the game should randomly pick one for you. I hate constantly ending up in that same damn default level....which isn't even selectable in the main game!
- There should be an option that allows you to start in specific locations of the stage when you press the "back" button. I hate always ending up in the middle of the level. Sometimes I want to appear near a corner. And most other times, I want to appear on the RIGHT side of the ****ing screen.
- You should be able to input how much (if any) meter the CPU should have. It's so annoying when you set it to "full meter" and you both end up having full bars. The AI ends up going wild with random X-Rays and EX moves.
- When you set wake-ups on, the AI shouldn't only be doing EX moves. I don't understand this glitch--even if the CPU has no meter, they only use EX wake-ups for some damn reason.
- Most importantly, you should be able to pick which wake-up the AI uses.
- There should be an option where you input the hits the opponent receives on block before activating a special. For instance, I am playing as Raiden and want to test the gaps in his B3 1 2 string. After hitting my opponent, Reptile, once, he activates his Elbow Dash (after B3 in this case).
- There should be another option to input specific commands you want your opponent to do sequentially. You basically input the opponent's strings in a menu, and they will do as you have programmed over and over again until you've had enough. So if you want Liu Kang to use B3 1 2, you input <-- A, X, Y. When you activate that option, the AI will use that string repeatedly.

Online Mode:
- Fix the netcode.
- Get rid of trueskills, please.
- Better matchmaking in Ranked.
- Respect Points should be replaced by Kombat Koins, which translate onto the game's "Krypt" mode.

Krypt:
- Should contain more videos. Cooking with Scorpion was pretty humorous. Would love to see some interviews with developers in there too, or "The Making of MK10" videos.
- Unlockables should cost more koins to encourage people into going to KOTHs to earn them (see above).
-At least one more costume per character? :3

Challenge Tower:
- You should be able to choose the individual character who you want to do missions for. After clearing every mission per character, a final one should be unlocked that can be accessed by everyone in the roster. Beating it once unlocks something. Finishing it with every character can unlock an achievement.

Ladder mode:
- I want the final boss to be a new form of Shinnok's. :(

Miscellaneous:
- Theater mode to view Story Mode cutscenes.
- Hara Kiris should reappear, but they should only be accessible if your opponent does not block throughout the last round of a match you have lost. Don't want to be humiliated by a Babality? Well, then go kill herself instead.
- If not Hara Kiris, have Friendship as an alternative to Babalities.
- Using X-Rays after the "Finish Him" should result in the opponent exploding, a la Brutality.
- Test Your ____ modes should be scrapped. Well, except Test Your Luck. These mini-games should appear randomly in Ladder mode. I mean, has anyone actually ever gone back to them?
- Smoke (w/ MK9 playstyle minus glitches), Fujin, Havik, Bo Rai Cho, and Shinnok must be playable!
- Increase BGM sound a bit. At first, I could barely even hear the music.
- More BGM like this, please:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
What I disagree with:

- No moves that are potentially exploitable in even the most minor lag like the Elbow Dash (tone it down or scrap it).
- No moves that have limitless potential in the hands of Artificial Intelligence like the Nomad Dash.
- No braindead moves that possess ridiculous comeback factor by repeating multiple times like Cage's F3.

- Get rid of trueskills, please.
1+2 - I really think all move design/balance issues should be 100% based off offline pvp play only. I don't completely understand what you mean with the ND.
3 - There's nothing inherently wrong with anything Cage has. It only provides comeback potential if you make the wrong reads, and that's on you.
4 - While the trueskill system isn't amazing, it's a way for the system to judge a player, which is useful if you want to improve matchmaking

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
What I disagree with:

1+2 - I really think all move design/balance issues should be 100% based off offline pvp play only. I don't completely understand what you mean with the ND.
3 - There's nothing inherently wrong with anything Cage has. It only provides comeback potential if you make the wrong reads, and that's on you.
4 - While the trueskill system isn't amazing, it's a way for the system to judge a player, which is useful if you want to improve matchmaking
Balance issues should be based on offline play only after they've already created a poorly designed move. Right now, if they messed with Reptile's Elbow Dash, it wouldn't be fair for the offline Reptile players. That is why they need to make sure moves like this don't exist in the first place. I mean, I know they're not psychic to know how a move is going to work in a very laggy connection, but Elbow Dash, in particular, is special because aside from not being punishable, it is also very exploitable.

As for Cage, I just think that move is braindead. Like, I'm not looking at this from a competitive standpoint. I understand he's not broken because of his F3. There's nothing wrong with the character that makes him unfair. But I just think that normal is absolutely stupid. A guessing game every single time he touches you? Sure, if you make the wrong reads, it's on you. But you're put in a guessing game every single time he gets near you. In Sonya's case, legit 50/50 mix-ups are involved. But with Cage, it's the same fucking button being pressing over and over (complimented with a few other buttons, and a special that traps), until you poke at the right time. If you guess wrong, your nuts will be very sore, and you're back to square 1. And if you guess right...he might still come back with F3.

I think a trueskill system can still exist without them displaying the number to the player. Like, I'm sure the system can detect patterns for proper matchmaking, but does it have to show you this number? The reason I'm against it is because there are too many players who care too much about their records. Some refuse to accept challenges and others become OCD in ranked (me...;_; ). This is just a personal nitpick. lol.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I believe Shao Kahn will be back in MK10 as a playable character Either as himself (ressurected) or as Shao Cyber Sub-Zero (I'd like the latter, sound so cool). He will definitely be evil and want payback with Quan Chi/Shinnok or something.

I have two very reasonable requests for MK10:

1) Make it so that it's possible for a match to end with a draw/double KO. Seriously, every other fighting game series out there has been doing this from the beginning.

2) Whenever someone performs a fatality, if you perform another unique input immediately after the first one, the character comes up with some terrible pun relating to their fatality in some way. Some examples:

Johnny Cage - Oscars are the best cure for a headsplitting migraine.
Sheeva - You know, sometimes you really get under my skin.
Smoke - Oh, come now - don't fall to pieces
Sonya - You should feel lucky - it's every man's dream to get between my legs

Alternatively, have really ill-fitting music play whilst the fatality takes place. "Heartbreaker" is an obvious choice for Kano's fatalities, and for Nightwolf you could have "YMCA". The possibilities are endless.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Returning Characters:
SubZero, Reptile, Scorpion, Jax, Cage, Quan Chi, Mileena, Kung Lao, Baraka, Sektor, Shang Tsung, Kano, Nightwolf, Sindel, Ermac, Kenshi, Jade, Kabal, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Rain

New Characters: Tanya, Reiko, Shinnok, Tremor, Bo Rai Cho, Li Mei, Nitara, Frost, Dairou, Kira, and one of the Kh(Chameleons) prefferably female with a Kitana like move set.

Questionable: I know people would bitch about no Cyrax, but if they cant make him without being broken than forget it.
people would bitch about Kitana also but you could have these characters and omit Kira and Khameleon. hopefully the character select screen will look mostly like this but if there's a couple that don't make it I'll live.

More scantily dressed females
fix bad training mode, programmable dummy a must, no more no meter enh wake ups
dumb down negative edge it's a bit much
add either friendships or animalities (but make them look cool not stupid like in MK3)
NO RUN BUTTON at least they took that out
No player advantage on trades i mean cmon that's obvious
fix imput bug, if i press down and 1 i expect a d1
no buffs until game has been out for at least 6 months, (nerfs are okay to fix OP's, infinites, and block infs)
if a character is low tier fuck it it's okay somebodys gotta be, stop tryin to make every character s+ tier
please don't make Kabal OP in another game.
either all stages the same size or mostly avg size, not so many large and small stages
no more dumb characters like Freddy! I mean nobody likes Freddy only M2Dave uses him cuz he's best zoner
nobody uses him cuz they like the character.

read through the 1st page, 15 is a bit much, so this is what i want to see that wasnt covered in teh 1st 20 posts:
1) Chameleon in both male and female forms
2) "Dark" versions of characters whose souls quan chi got at the end of mk9
3) better character design. specifically most females' boobs are too big, all hair in mk9 looked like tubes (please god no more tubes), and a lot of the fighting stances are really dumb.
4) more realistic types of martial arts. there are a lot of normal moves that really just dont make sense in this game. you can have a good fighting game without things like kitana's d4
5) stryker's gun needs to be an instant kill on hit. think about it, you just got shot in the head. ok that's a joke, but it should do more than 6%
6) kabal costume as human kabal as he appeared before the burns. no pigtails

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I want freddy to be back, possibly Jason. the MK community accepted freddy as an MK character already, most of the community wants him back. if they add jason would be kick ass man, jason should be a macchette rush down character.
Only those 2 characters, not more stupid guests
Paulo, why are you on Maxter's account? That ain't cool man.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
  1. Scorpion
  2. Older Sub-zero returns, he is both Noob and Sub, can change powers by changing stances.
  3. Reptile(return to being a human sorta)
  4. Ermac
  5. Rain
  6. Millena
  7. Scarlet
  8. Sektor
  9. Cyrax
  10. Kenshi
  11. Sonya
  12. Cage Boraicho trains him though and he has a new moveset, and uses Nun chucks.
  13. Kano
  14. Baraka
  15. Quan Chi
  16. Evil Raiden with a new moveset.
  17. A Shadow priest with Freddys moveset(its far too awesome not too return)
  18. Boraicho (is a mix between Kung lao and Liu kang)
  19. Mavado (has Kabals hook swords but grappling hooks instead of nomad dash)
  20. Tanya
  21. Havik
  22. A female of reptile's species(is more lizard like, has a snout and a tail)
  23. Scorpions Wife(a mix between scorpion and a generic japanese ghost lady, like the chic from the ring)
  24. A tarkatan(armed with the weapons kano gave him, a mix between stryker and baraka, but with more rockets)
  25. A female ninja from scorpions clan(smoke bombs, kunais, invisibility, super agile)
  26. Goro (completely different moveset, no FB or TP, use Grundy as an idea)
  27. Shinnok(basically how he was in MK4 let him use any moveset he wants)

MK_Salivial

MK Mad Decent
4. Multiple X-Rays per character (speed up the animations) select one before each match.

I really enjoy the idea of this.
Each character would have multiple ways of approaching an x-ray attack based on your decision.
I.E, Each character has an attack X-Ray and Parry X-Ray. Grapple i believe should stay exclusive to some.
As rare as using X-Rays is it would still be interesting.

Feature I wish all fighting games had..

Preferred Random Select. aka I can select a few of my favorite fighters, lets says Sub-Zero, Kabal, and Cage and when I hit the Random Select it will randomly choose between the fighters I like and not the entire cast.