What's new

MK10 Wishlist

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
First, I'm sure that a thread like this likely already exists, but I checked the first two pages and can't find it, and I don't think I should be bumping older threads even if I do find it... so new thread it is.

Below is my MK10 Wishlist. I'm curious about what people would think of these changes, and what changes they would like to see for MK10. My examples deal with Sub-Zero, since that is the character that I'm most familiar with.

I would personally like to see a number of changes to MK10, all of which deal with customizing characters and player individuality.
(1) Multiple unlockable costumes per character.
(2) A costume editor where players can make small changes to any of the default skins available to each character. The reason I suggest small changes is so a player doesn't trick Johnny Cage out in a full Scorpion costume to troll online, etc.
(3) Multiple unlockable specials per character.
(4) Multiple unlockable EX upgrades per power.

When playing through the ladder, for example, a player might play as Sub-Zero using the default costume and powers. Once they have unlocked several costumes and powers, they decide to customize their character.

Step #1: Pick the unlocked default skin that the player wishes to use.
Step #2: Make any small changes (mask, secondary color adjustments, mist radiating off of Subby, etc)
Step #3: Select the powers available to him. A character would only be able to support a few powers (say 4). For Sub-Zero, the list might consist of: Freeze, Ground Freeze, Ice Puddle, Tombstone Teleport, Ice Clone, Icy Counter, Cold Slide, etc.
Step #4: Players would select one "EX Upgrade" from an available list. These would also be unlockable in the game. For example, if a player chose the Ice Clone power, selectable upgrades might include extended time, projectile cancel, etc.

If playing online, one Sub-Zero that a player might face would be completely different from another Sub-Zero. A defensive player might choose completely different specials from an offensive one, and have different advanced combos available to them as a result. Not only would people spend more time "tuning" in their character, they would also have a sense that their character is unique when they do go online.

In online rooms, players creating the room would have the ability to set the rooms restrictions.
Skin customization: On / Off
Power customization: On / Off
Compatibility packs required: On / Off

Players that use online to practice for tournaments could create or join a room that does not allow power customization, for example, thereby ensuring that everyone in the room is using the default powers available to each character, as I assume a real tournament would work. More casual rooms may allow both skin and power customization, but not require compatibility packs.

The key here is that everyone is aware of exactly what their online experience will entail before joining a room.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
1. Remove teleports from most of the cast.
2. Better netcode. Seriously. Dont use Gamespy ever again.
3. Better training mode.
4. Multiple X-Rays per character (speed up the animations) select one before each match.
5. More strings per character, but keep them unlisted so players discover them on their own.
6. Unique normals including low pokes, uppercuts, sweeps, air punches/kicks.
7. Less scantily outfits for females.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
-Run button

MK needs a run. A dash just doesn't fit MK right. A run button like UMK3 adds way more pressure and keeps things exciting.

-True 2D

MK9 isn't truly 2D. It has a lot of 3D properties. This needs to be fixed for MK10.

-Fix the blocking

I'm not 100% sure what''s wrong with the blocking, but the responsiveness feels delayed.

-Don't "rebalance" the game every week

We want glitches and infinites patched, not completely changing the tier list every patch.

-Make the inputs less dumbed down

I dunno why they dumbed down already easy inputs, but the way it is in MK9 is really annoying.

-Fix the negative edge

Seriously, the negative edge in MK9 is ridiculous.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
My real MK10 wish....

Do not make MK10... keep adding dlc toons and balance tweaks to this game..... Only go MK10 if you 100% revamp the online system.

------

On topic...

1) More diverse toon skins, for competitions we NEED to be able to see a vast difference in the costume so we can tell each combatant apart during a mirror match.
2) Make a better practice lab, basically copy street fighter 4... not having a real opponent recorder makes dissecting the game really hard, especially for working out what is safe and what is punishable.
3) Completely new NON-Gamespy online system, or gamespy I do not care.. but let it work.
4) Copy SF4's endless battle system. I think it is great for the community to have our fav sites run a continual stream to a TV website of endless battle witch forum members can join and face off against each other in this public way. The chat, the public display.. dose nothing but build community and interest in the game
5) Add compatibility packs for DLC toons to be in unselectable patch updates, so everyone has them no matter what. Nothing worse than getting into a toon and 1/2 the games you can not play with it.

Creepy00

Noob
My mk10 list:
1st) Better training mode
2nd) 2d hitbox not 3d hitbox with 2D animation
3rd) Negative Edge removed from game
4th) Better servers
5th) No frames added when blocking, allowing for frame traps
6th) Trades like SSIV, meaning more constancy.
7th) No auto correct Xrays, Xrays shouldnt turn around if already happening in the screen
8th) Better throw tech system, not 50/50 guessing

MK10 Wishlist:

-Remove Negative Edge
-Add unique air normals, njP no longer a universal launcher, only certain characters have it, and the animations are all different
-Use some of the MK1 and MK2 jump attack animations, Baraka's MK2 jump attacks were unique
-Differentiate the crouching attacks a bit more, maybe give some characters crouching strings
-Better training mode (SF2HDR and MvC3 has a good training mode)
-Let us see frame data in training mode (the new DOA has this feature!)
-Better button config (SF3OE is a good example, ability to config controls at char select screen would be great)
-Better online! I like the lobbies and chatrooms, I like KotH, just improve stability.
-Give some characters a run instead of dash. No RUN BUTTON though!

And in response to original posters ideas: I think customizable costumes would cause a lot of serious problems considering the fact that NRS likes to tie hitboxes/hurtboxes to the costumes for some reason. We've already seen all the glitches that happen between different skins in MK9.
And I think adding customizable moves would be REALLY bad for competition. How can the game be balanced if everyone is changing around their characters? How can you learn matchups if every character has 100 different variations? It would completely kill the competitive scene.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Sometimes more of what works is what should happen.

I want a full story mode with 16 or so chapters, maybe even a few more neutral/evil characters. Only ones in this ones were Cyrax and Scorpion.

I would like ladder to stay quite similar except maybe bring back larger ladders like before, where you face like 5000 enemies before you reach Shao Kahn.

I would like character intros that are personal sometimes.
-Scorpion vs Sub Zero is: Scorpion "You will pay for the murder of my family", Sub-Zero is: "For Bi-Han!" after a moment of seriousness or something. You know, corny stuff that is related to the story. No Baraka vs Sindel or Jade vs Liu Kang stuff though, just for the real personal meet ups like Scorp/sub, mileena/kitana, kano/sonya, raiden/shinnok and so on.

I would like an option of two x-rays/supers which you pick from the beginning of the match or have it inbuilt to make the game much fairer in terms of matchups and strategy.

A good training mode- this one has been talked about till death so look at the 1000 other posts to see what I mean.

Friendships, brutalities, babalities and fatalities. Hara-kiri and animality need not apply.

A reliable, stable and strong online service. I would want the same system pretty much though, KoTH, tag and ranked. All good.

I dont know about you guys, this is more of a personal opinion. I think some moves need to be the same all round. The uppercut, the sweep and certain other moves I think should be equal for everyone. I feel it would balance the game better.

Full mk9 cast (including all DLC- guest characters need not apply) and the good cast from other games. Also would like some new characters and reviving of some like Tremor. This would seem hard though, MK9 story did a good job of killing everyone off.

Costumes should not affect gameplay. Look at Cyrax.

Lots of DLC options but with compatibility patches and free goodies.

Dont pull any capcom crap with on disc DLC and re-releasing the game after a few months.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
IT would be purely asthetic, but I would love to see block animations for highs, mids, and lows. Like for highs, if you blocked, you would be slapping away attacks, and for mids, you would guard your ribs like a boxer, and lows you would block with your shins and kick away low attacks. I just think it would look cool

Honestly? I want a playable Motaro or at the very least a boss fight with him instead of just being a plot device (admitly an important one) that shows up as a cameo.

Juro

Noob
My MK10 wishlist;

No MK10 and just work on MK9, please for the love of god do not leave MK9 the way it is.

mingzang

Master of Disaster
- Run Button .
- 2D hitbox .
- Remove Negative Edge .
- Better Blocking (Check4900 and i really hate MK9's block :p) .
- Better netcode .
- Better Training Mode .
- UMK3 Push back (i don't like MK9 corner combos) .
- This :
-Don't "rebalance" the game every week
We want glitches and infinites patched, not completely changing the tier list every patch.
- And [MAD]ROBOT SMOKE[/MAD] , i don't care about story , i don't care about timeline , give me robot smoke !!!

Here is my wishlist for UMK9 or MK10... whatever NRS decides to make next:

1) Save replay option after online matches are complete (similar to SSFIV's replay feature)

2) Programmable dummy in training mode

3) Improved net play... online play has been improved quite a bit, but it's still really buggy

4) More consistent collision detection. Everyone is asking for 2D hitboxes. Not sure if they need to do that to fix the problem, but if they must, then do it.

5) Give the player the option to select the computer's character in 1v1 CPU offline mode. I don't like how there's only a ladder option in 1player CPU mode. You should be given the option to select your CPU opponent for individual matches.

6) Allow button configuration in the middle of a match. If we want MK to be a tournament worthy game, then this is a must.

7) I'm not a casual player, but the story mode is too difficult for most casual players and I've heard multiple complaints about it. Tone it down so the game appeals to mainstream gamers more. We need anything we can to help grow the community.

8) Allow tradeable hits. If the round ends in a draw, another round should be played to decide the match.

9) Nitpicky item, but make Reptile a ninja and not an actual reptile... also make Ermac a ninja too, instead of a bandaged mass of souls. The ninjas are classic and everyone seems to like them, while the new designs just remind me of the crappy 3D games. Make the ninja costumes the default costume for Reptile and Ermac... I think just about everyone prefers the ninja costumes to what the default costumes are in MK9 for these characters.

10) Get rid of the stupid stages that shake (Krato's stage) and remove the stages that have stupid distracting things in the foreground (City stage with cars passing by). I've dropped combos because of this distracting crap. This kind of stuff has no place in a true competitive fighting game.

11) Have a "Trial" or "Mission" mode similar to SSFIV or MvC3 so that casual players can learn basic strings and combos. Not everyone will open up Tom Brady's Living Guide to learn how to do a BnB combo, so this information needs to be accessible so that everyone can learn how to play the game.

12) Scrap tower mode and spend more time making the story mode longer. The tower mode was stupid and nobody thought it was fun. I think most players would much rather see a more refined and developed story mode than see NRS spending development time on the tower mode which was pretty pointless except to gain achievements and unlock costumes.

Southee

Noob
Another Item

When selecting characters in online ranked, make it that the opponent can't see the character you have chosen until both players have selected their character. I am aware there is the hidden cursor but it's not always fun counting the number of boxes i've moved. I don't agree about the story mode since you are able to set the difficulty for it. If NRS are serious about this being tournament worthy game, then it would be nice to see them advertise tournaments on the main menu. This way we can get more people into the competitive scene.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
1) Better netcode...i give this game a 6/10 just because of the shitty online
2)The obvious improvement of the trainer
3)More unlockable costumes and less gay art renders in the krypt for fucks sake
4)Better fatalities...really theres just like 5 or 6 good looking fatalities i mean not only improve the design but make them suffer when they are torn to pieces, notice in cyrax's first fatality when he slices the victim they're fucking mute!!!!
5)Better balance and don't make characters all powerful by design (lao raiden)
6)More robots less hats please
7)Let us select the chapter we want to play on story mode...like really we're in fucking 2011 are we really supposed to go through an entire story mode just to play a part in the story we like? stupid
8)Dispose of cyber sub...i really like him but original sub is obviously the preferred one and we need robo homo
9)More game modes, bring down the tower!!!! it's stupid scrap it.
10)THE DAMN INPUT LAG!!!aside from the shitty online this is probably the thing i hate most...trying to down 3 and the stupid character does normal 3 smfh
11)Give us an: are u completely sure you want to pick this character message lol, i hate it when sometimes online i pick the wrong character
12)Obviously more than one x ray...and make em a little more difficult, i mean right now any moron can hit 2 buttons and get a 30% attack...make this game a bit less noob friendly
13)Allow us to record any match on the game not just training...and fix the current system, sometimes i record something and when i play it, it's some stupid random stuff
14)Remove the stupid little baraka from the krypt...i haven't gone to the krypt since the first day i bought the game when the little shit scared the masculinity out of me.
15) LEAVE LIU KAN DEAD!!!! i hatessss him.

Reedoms

Noob
1) Better netcode...i give this game a 6/10 just because of the shitty online
2)The obvious improvement of the trainer
3)More unlockable costumes and less gay art renders in the krypt for fucks sake
4)Better fatalities...really theres just like 5 or 6 good looking fatalities i mean not only improve the design but make them suffer when they are torn to pieces, notice in cyrax's first fatality when he slices the victim they're fucking mute!!!!
5)Better balance and don't make characters all powerful by design (lao raiden)
6)More robots less hats please
7)Let us select the chapter we want to play on story mode...like really we're in fucking 2011 are we really supposed to go through an entire story mode just to play a part in the story we like? stupid
8)Dispose of cyber sub...i really like him but original sub is obviously the preferred one and we need robo homo
9)More game modes, bring down the tower!!!! it's stupid scrap it.
10)THE DAMN INPUT LAG!!!aside from the shitty online this is probably the thing i hate most...trying to down 3 and the stupid character does normal 3 smfh
11)Give us an: are u completely sure you want to pick this character message lol, i hate it when sometimes online i pick the wrong character
12)Obviously more than one x ray...and make em a little more difficult, i mean right now any moron can hit 2 buttons and get a 30% attack...make this game a bit less noob friendly
13)Allow us to record any match on the game not just training...and fix the current system, sometimes i record something and when i play it, it's some stupid random stuff
14)Remove the stupid little baraka from the krypt...i haven't gone to the krypt since the first day i bought the game when the little shit scared the masculinity out of me.
15) LEAVE LIU KAN DEAD!!!! i hatessss him.
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to take this seriously or not.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
1. Turn every character into a cyborg
2. Get rid of annoyingly repetitive 3 hit strings (ex. Liu Kang's BnB)
3. What's been already said about training mode, online, negative edge, and xrays
4. NRS seemed to want this game in-between competitive and casual. For MK10, make it less noob-friendly anyway. If casuals are still buying SF, they're still going to buy a less nooby mk (i'm not saying this game is all easy mode, but it still should be turned up a bit)
5. More uniqueness to normals
6. FRIENDSHIPS
7. Keep expanding the number of characters without sacrificing balance
8. Put more focus on playtesting before release
9. Keep the variety in character uniqueness while still making each one valuable
10. Don't try to make new main characters like that shit you pulled with Shujinko. New chars are great, but bring them in differently than that.
11. ABSOLUTELY NO new combat gimmicks like aerial combat, close combat, etc of the last few games without very careful consideration. NRS did a great job with the meter system in this game, but i'm hoping they don't screw it up by carelessly adding something else to it.
12. Maybe combat stances... I'm still not sure where I stand on that. If NRS decides to go down that path again, they can make something uniquely MK if they focus on how to make it work well.

Kwon

---->----
Wishlist:

Fujin

Tanya

Tremor

Khameleon

Back then, she had
1. Kitana's Airmove
2. Mileena's Teleport
3. Tanya's Projectile
4. Jade's GreenCloud, maybe changed to Jade's Kick in this incarnation?

Chameleon had
1. Rains Lightning
2. Ermacs Green Projectile
3. Reptile's Elbow-Dash
4. Scorpion's Teleport
5. Sub-Zero's Charge/Slide

Shujinko!

Bo!

Noob
MK10 needs to be better than MK9 on a technical level.

1. 2D HITBOXES - this will fix the majority of the inconsistencies within the game, including(but not limited to) character model alt inconsistencies, lows as anti-airs.. etc.

2. UNIVERSAL AMOUNT OF RECOVERY FRAMES WHEN RELEASING BLOCK - this will fix the variable frame data problem.

3. NO MORE COMBOS DONE TO THE AIR - give normals some usefulness... instead of being able to do combos to the air, give characters a proximity sensor that does the dials when they are within proximity but standard(but non-universal) normals when not in proximity.

-I think that the dash was implemented well in MK9 so it would be ok to stay for MK10... of course I will always prefer a run button, but as is, the dash is well done.
-Keep meter gain the same - it just works

I'm sure I'm missing some of the finer things but those are just nitpicks... honestly, character models/skins/fatalities make no difference to me. Adding another X-ray to choose from would be ok, as long as it's beneficial to the character on strategic level and not just put in for more flash and gore.

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
Just Mileena will make to go out and purchase it like I did with the current game. But No Mileena means back to DOA for me.

-Gameplay across the board should stay how it is, at most the hitbox change is the only thing I'd really request.

-Possibly other X-rays to choose from, not high priority for me.

-New characters are a must, without cutting current ones please. I absolutely hate it when I buy a sequel for new characters and half the old roster is gone.

Otherwise, MK9 is really solid to me. Outside of the netcode issues (which I don't think we need MK10 in order to fix)