What's new

MK10 Contest - Character Entries!

Roko1985's voltex is the most compelling and is and actual concept because it is the most detailed out of them all.I still like Simba though but if i could pick either of the two to work off of in photoshop,it would be voltex by far.With that being said,would you mind if I add value and color to your concept Roko1985.Or even possibly model in maya and Zbrush when that goes well.If it is cool with you,you will still receive credit for the idea and design.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Roko1985's voltex is the most compelling and is and actual concept because it is the most detailed out of them all.I still like Simba though but if i could pick either of the two to work off of in photoshop,it would be voltex by far.With that being said,would you mind if I add value and color to your concept Roko1985.Or even possibly model in maya and Zbrush when that goes well.If it is cool with you,you will still receive credit for the idea and design.
Yes ,no problem i don't care about credits. That just what i want in MK10: more ninjas and cyborgs.

On reflection, my character looks kind of stupid.

But I thought the contest was for an original character, not a copy-cat. Sorry Spadez, you have good drawing skill, but Renshu is boring. He's just Raiden minus the hat. We have enough clones in MK.

Going with Simba. Good job, Fatality.
i just hope you respect my art and im taking your comment very offensive towards me, the fact that you said its boring just offends my time and effort.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I like Simba and Renshu as well.

Though, I'd prefer a different name for Simba lol... whenever I hear I think of The Lion King Simba!

MK needs more female fighters, but Renshu is just too badass looking so I voted for him.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I can't believe I forgot, fuck. It was almost done drawing the background and then I got slammed with make up work. It's chill, though, because...

Voltex looks awesome! Hats off bro, that is dough boy freshness right there.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
The reason i think simba is the best out of the lot is the backstory, it's a completely original character. With no ties to any of the existing characters.

So it's a brand new idea on every level.
So is Ori. Regular Joe schmo who doesn't even know wtf is going on around him. Plus he's got chemical weapons for his "power". Well that and his faster reaction time(make his pokes faster? lol).

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
i just hope you respect my art and im taking your comment very offensive towards me, the fact that you said its boring just offends my time and effort.
Look, you have to be able to take blunt criticism as an artist if you want get any better, unless you're one of those artists who only want compliments. I said you draw well, so I respect your skill, but dude you basically just made Raiden 2.0. That doesn't impress me at all. I think you can do better, especially with how well you draw.

Sorry if I came off as offensive originally, but dude you didn't even bother drawing new armor for Renshu, you just took it straight from Raiden's primary costume. You have talent, why are you making copycat characters? Think outside of that.

Look, you have to be able to take blunt criticism as an artist if you want get any better, unless you're one of those artists who only want compliments. I said you draw well, so I respect your skill, but dude you basically just made Raiden 2.0. That doesn't impress me at all. I think you can do better, especially with how well you draw.

Sorry if I came off as offensive originally, but dude you didn't even bother drawing new armor for Renshu, you just took it straight from Raiden's primary costume. You have talent, why are you making copycat characters? Think outside of that.
Bro stop hating renchu, Its a shaolin clothing. Plus its is like that i bet cuhhs thats hes son. what you think hes gonna look like a monster. I bet you this is gonna be in the next Mk even if he doesn't win this. Just read the story its so bad ass how raiden has a son.. makes me feel like god of war there with zues.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Bro stop hating renchu, Its a shaolin clothing. Plus its is like that i bet cuhhs thats hes son. what you think hes gonna look like a monster. I bet you this is gonna be in the next Mk even if he doesn't win this. Just read the story its so bad ass how raiden has a son.. makes me feel like god of war there with zues.
I did read the story and I think it's silly how Raiden is having children and marital affairs (?!) with women named Chi Quin. It's completely out of character, and besides, the contest was for a new and unique character, which Renshu is not.

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
Anyone can change the name from Simba. I know it's pretty shit haha I literally picked a random name from voodoo history as I was trying to get done quickly. Now that it's being said it's a bit too disney etc that's fine, change it :) Thats what this is about anyway, we are doing a basic first draft and everyone puts forward ideas and criticism.

Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with blunt criticism - if it is constructive.

Cheers for the comments guys, and there are some cool designs in there!