What's new

MK10 Contest - Character Entries!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It is time! It's been two weeks since this contest has begun and as of last night at 10PM EST the contest has been over. So now, it's time to see what you all have submitted! How this will work is all character entries will be shown in here and we will use the thread link at the very bottom to go and actually vote. Check them out! Lots of talent and creativity!

One Rule! Be respectful of all artwork contributed! Have fun!

CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 1 by Fatality_Check
mk10artfatalitycheck.jpg

Story: “Believed to hail from the Chaosrealm, it is officially unknown where Simba and her clan reside. Their motives are unclear to many, but it is believed that they kidnap citizens from various realms in order to sacrifice them, to resurrect their god whilst also making Simba more powerful. It was soon learnt that mere blood of citizens wasn’t enough and the blood of warriors was needed. Now Simba finds herself entering the Mortal Kombat tournament to sacrifice the best warriors and bring back their god."

CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 2 by Eddy Wang
mk10eddy.jpg

Name: Tajah
Origins: Earthrealm, but she grew in Netherrealm
Aligment: Evil
Fight Powers: Hability to create and move trough portals
Weapon: 3 Feng huo lun blades

Story:
During the massacre of a sacred village, Quan Chi saw Tajah while she was little using her portal Habilities to escape the massacre, he got interested so he decided to kept her alive to serve him and his master shinnok, to do this he brainwatshed her corrupt her, and brought her to netherreal were she sharpend her techniques along with Kia, Jataaka and Sareena, who were actually demons from netherrealm.
Tajah was recodnized as the strong of the trio, so she becamed Shinnok's Personal guard, now with the invasion of the shinnoks coming down on Earthrealm, she joined the Army of Netherrealm to serve their master, where suddently she started to have memory flashes.

CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 3 by quandaghost

mk10quandaghost1.jpg

Dante, he is half demon 1 part metal demon, and 1 part human. his family was murdered by his father and he was defeated by his fathers ultimate move the demon fist which scarred his face. he is a merciless fighter who can eject metal from any part of body at will. he fights to protect whats precious to him, and for revenge on the person who took everything from he has ever known away

CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 4 by Z-911-Z
mk10z11z.jpg

CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 5 by BigC
mk10bigc.jpg

His name is Künchóng. The lost ninja who has mastered the art of insect control. His blood is pure poison, thus resulting in his right arm to become a deep purple, along with most of his body..which he has covered.

CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 6 by GrandMasterson
mk10grand.jpg

"Ori"

Ori is the original test subject of Shang Tsung's cloning experiment who was discovered during the Outworld invasion of Earthrealm. Before the experiments, Ori was Darryl Morrisey, a chemical engineer who had developed brain cancer and would have to undergo immediate experimental brain surgery. The surgery was a success, but it changed Darryl's personality. His patience was almost non-existent and he was incredibly hostile. After ignoring further medical advice, Darryl then quits his job and begins working on his own experiments at home.

Shortly after, Outworld forces begin swarming Earthrealm. Darryl was near the first wave of attacking Tarkatans, where his powerful new abilities were quickly realized. He had no supernatural powers, but his reaction time was inhumanly fast and his new chemical agents proved to enhance his strength and weaken his enemies. Shang Tsung took great interest in Darryl's abilities and manages to subdue him in a close battle.

Before the cloning attempts began, Shang Tsung marked Darryl's head with the letters "ORI" to show that he was the original specimen, as Shang Tsung was determined to make multiple perfect copies. This proved to be in vain, as none of the clones even came close to Ori's likeness or intelligence. Before Shang Tsung had a chance to give up, Ori awoke from his forced sleep and escaped Shang Tsung's flesh pits. Ori finds himself in the depths of Outworld, unknowingly in the middle of Mortal Kombat.

Intro quote: "You'd better stay away from me.. "
Victory quote: He laughs hysterically, falling to his knees, where his laughter dies off as he looks at his hands; grimacing in horror at what he's becoming.

CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 7 by Spletty91
mk10spletty91.jpg

After shao kahn enslaved their home planet, Wrath (pictured) and his six warriors must win the Mortal Kombat tournament to free themselves from Shao Kahn's tyrrany. He and his male warriors, Sloth, Gluttony, and Pride, must team up with his home planet's female kombatants, Greed, Envy, and Lust, in order to regain control of their beloved homeland.

CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 8 by II-Spadez-II
Copy of mk10 concept character art.jpg

RENSHU:
Renshu was an orphan found by the Shaolin Monks who believed destiny brought the child to defend earth realm against opposing threats and to enforce tolerance. As Renshu grew older and many years past, He was a strong warrior and a natural learner, as well as a strong spirit with wise intellect. The Monks kept Renshu a top secret. He was to be forbiden to the eyes of any and anyone who remained intact with the temple outside. This included allies to the monks. For the very sake of Renshu, he was kept a secret beacause the Shaolin Monks believed he would endure a darker threat to earth realm if he left the temple. Renshu did in fact leave the temple one night after he had a strange vision, as he left the temple, a woman approached him and revealed she was his mother and Raiden was his father. Raiden had an affair long ago with a woman named Chi Quin. Raiden never saw Chi Quin again therefore the existance of Renshu was unknown.. Renshu vowed to seek his father and seek answers but he did not know that Shao Kahn had knowledge of his existance. Shao Kahn abducted Renshu and Condemned him into a lost realm, a realm of imprisonment. There he spent many years and lost all hope, in despair he asked for help and Shinnok guided Renshu and released him from the lost realm. Shinnok poisoned Renshus mind making Renshu thirst for revenge against Raiden and Shao Kahn, Renshu believes Raiden abandoned him and that Shao Kahn will destroy Earth Realm's Shaolin Monks that he beloved, as of now Renshu remains neutral, and brainwashed by Shinnok, his first mission is too defeat Raiden HIS FATHER...
RENSHU'S ABILITIES AND INFO:
Height: 6'4
Hair: White (from birth)
Eyes: White
Powers: Lightning and controls time.
CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 9 by FOXDIE
mommaraka (2).jpg
CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 10 by VOR
vor1.jpg

Maros' Story
Made from stolen and mutated Tormentor DNA, Maros was created by Shinnok to be an experimental battlefield and reconnaissance weapon. Infused with the power of Shinnok's retrieved amulet to spy on the minds and plans of his battlefield opposers, Maros was built as an early design for this new new weapon to aid the Brotherhood of Shadow. After surpassing the expectations of its efficiency, Maros soon became a threat to everything that stood in its path, the three realms, and Shinnok himself.

The immense destructive,telepathic, and prophetic of ability of Maros became an entity that Shinnok did not foresee and the Brotherhood could not safely contain. Maros' mental and physical urges grew rapidly to say the least. While housed in its heavily guarded storage facility, Maros broke free from his containment orb, killed every guard, and aimlessly raided hundreds of major cities in the three realms in under 2 weeks. The energy released by Maros, his drill blades, and telepathic ocular cavities ripped open dozens of new and unstable portals between the realms, and put existence in the realms on the verge of collapse.

Only a handful of beings can actively communicate with Maros, including the newly empowered Liu Kang, who heroically halted Maros' path of destruction while on the battlefields in Outworld. It is virtually impossible to tune into Maros' chaotic brainwaves, yet Liu Kang and to some extent, a few others, have convinced Maros that they will give it the best chance in aiding the achievement of what Maros craves the most.

Maros now aids Liu Kang to bring down Shinnok's newly resurrected forces, stare into the amulet from which it was born, so that its memories will be erased and Maros can be reborn.

CONTINUED...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 11 by Blaqnmild15
woven.jpg

CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 12 by ThrashHeavy
thrash.jpg

Background Story

Thorak is a spiritual bounty hunter sent to the nether realm by family members of the fallen warriors to take back souls that were taken by Shang Tsung and harvested for Ermacs creation. He is neither a hero or villain, but is a warrior pushed by greed. He enters Mortal Kombat for an easier chance to confront all soul stealing sorcerers so that he can claim his reward in the end and then move forward to his next bounty.
CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 13 by RTO-TOXIC
Character1a.jpg

Character name: Akamu, which is the Hawaiian form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."I'm sending a number of pictures to see if you would like to use the set or individual pictures.
Let me know if you need anymore information from me about myself or the character.

CHARACTER SUBMISSION # 14 by Roko1985
roko.jpg
Unit LK-211 code name Voltex
STORY

Sektor took over the Lin-Kueis and he wants to turn the whole clan into cyborgs. Even those who don't want, don't have a choice. Sub-zero(Cyber Sub-Zero) and Smoke have a friend who is still in the Lin-Kuei academy and he is about to be turned into souless machine. That friend is our guy! He will do anything to stay human, so Sektor kills his family to make him lose everything and brake his will. Then he uses power starting the Cyber process. Sub and Smoke goes on a rescue mission , but they are a bit late. The process is half way done and our guy is half machine, half human. The Lin-Kueis are just about to dalete his memory and Sub and Smoke arrives. After a brutal fight they saved him, but he is not fully finished. The good thing is that he keeps his memoryes and pain. He promisses to his dead family tha he will dastroy Sektor and all the Lin-Kueis who stays on his way. He looks at a mirror and sees that he has a metal face with no skin at all.So he takes some piece of skin from the operation table and tides it to his face so he looks a bit human. He skraches the Lin-Kueis symbol on his chest and goes on a mission: HUNTING DOWN SEKTOR

VOTE HERE!

Albo

Noob
MommaRaka, hands down.

There's some really interesting ideas here, but my vote would be between Simba and Renshu (can't resist someone who's the son of raiden and Chi Quin:p )

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
wow some awesome stuff here im torn between simba and renshu .. can we vote for more than 1?
special shout out to mama raka lol shits tight

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
MommaRaka, hands down.

There's some really interesting ideas here, but my vote would be between Simba and Renshu (can't resist someone who's the son of raiden and Chi Quin:p )
lol we've like de exact same message

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I would like to note that I almost did not include the two are are clearly NOT hand-drawn.'

Good stuff, everyone. A lot of very impressive talent!

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I like the idea of a voodoo woman in the MKverse. I find it weird that the character I find looks the coolest has the powers of a god damn pigeon... A PIGEON! Could have went with an eagle, or a hawk, even a songbird would have been better than A MOTHER FUCKING PIGEON!

My vote is for "Simba" but change the name to something better.

Dann

Noob
I think the most well taught out/ interesting character is Ori. Read his story, win, quote, and victory quote. Renshu is the best looking character. Lol Raiden is a greek god now having affairs with Mortal Woman?

I would like to note that I almost did not include the two are are clearly NOT hand-drawn.'

Good stuff, everyone. A lot of very impressive talent!
Im so sorry.I really skipped the part when it said ''We're also going to do this the old-fashion way... "hand-drawn". ''I guess that I was so excited about this that I kinda skimmed through everything.lol.I should have turned in my crappy looking idea sketch if I'd known it had to be hand drawn.I really thought there were going to be a few extremely talented artist who were masters at photoshop and designing characters.That's why I went as far as I did.With that being said I shouldn't win this because most would agree that by far it beats out all the other entries in terms of an actual technical character design.Everything else is just ideas and loose lines.But a couple of them were still ok.Im glad that I done it this way because I can see where Im at with character design with me being a student in Game Art.But I still know that I need a lot more improvement.This is my first character design attempt and I will add it to my portfolio and continue to learn more and improve off of it.I also skipped over the part about including a backstory.But oh well.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Imagine Shao Kahn anouncing the Character you selected " MOMMARAKA"

LOOL

Very Cool and Crazy ideas guys, congrats to all for the enfort, i like all of them, i dunno if the drawers have the right to vote, but if i had i would vote on simba, possibly give her a more MK like name ^^

Her Simba name looked to disney lol

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I like how the requirements are to be drawn by hand with pencil yet I see 1 picture colored in Photoshop and the other on illustrator. lol

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
On reflection, my character looks kind of stupid.

But I thought the contest was for an original character, not a copy-cat. Sorry Spadez, you have good drawing skill, but Renshu is boring. He's just Raiden minus the hat. We have enough clones in MK.

Going with Simba. Good job, Fatality.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I like Ori, Renshu, and Simba. I'm torn between Ori and Simba though, such compelling stories. I'll vote for Ori though.