What's new

MK1 Tier List Discussion Thread

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I havent met (or tested) yet the Peacemaker after nerf. Is he really still that annoying and busted?

rifraf

Noob
It's definitely too soon for a tier list. Peacemaker could actually not be busted anymore due to the forcefield nerf so please don't quote me on that :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What's that? A tier list? No way :eek:

View attachment 21550

*Too soon to place Ermac, Reptile, Rain
Nothing wrong with throwing out your opinion, list, or having a discussion. But it definitely is way too soon after the Ermac patch to drop a tier list. We for sure can start discussing it though.

I do, however, agree with Scorpion’s placement. No idea why he only got 1 nearly useless new string and nothing else. This is purely speculation (obviously), but I do think MKJavier doing well with him in tournaments, and NinjaKilla also doing well with him discouraged them from wanting to buff Scorpion. That and some top players actually publicly upplaying him for whatever reason. Tournament results and what top players AND the casual masses say absolutely effects in some way the balancing decisions. It’s naive to think otherwise. It’s far better to have actual evidence of how characters are performing at high levels in competitions and the testimonies of both the experienced competitive players as well as the casual playerbase.

rifraf

Noob
I do, however, agree with Scorpion’s placement.
Yeah, I don't think that minor quality of life buff did much for him. It's a variety move, good to have. Other than that, the "struggle" tier doesn't mean they're garbage. But it's a struggle.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I don't see how everyone is rating Raiden so low all of a sudden, as if Raiden Khameleon doesn't still exist.
Yeah I had raiden low as a hot take day 1 of the patch but I'm back on the raiden broke train. Even if storm cell kano isn't plus, it's still a safe special cancel off your low pokes. all that changed is that instead of going into storm cell every time, now you just shotgun your d4 on block because they're to scared to challenge you after blocking one.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
also I'm watching Kanimani's raiden post patch and a big change to his gameplan is that he's using kano in way more ways then just after storm cell or off teleport. Dude is just sending out kano ball and jumping at people and shit. Character still has all the tools to win, you just need to use more of your kit now.

NHDR

Noob
@Baconlord I had the exact same observations. The Kano/Stormcell tech still works almost the same, just have to be a bit more careful now. Its still safe the same way. It is nerfed at the end of the day but I can't see how Raiden is anything less than 'A' tier.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Interesting to see so many people placing Geras so low. I've definitely started to agree, especially as MU knowledge increases.

There are little knowledge checks that can totally change you need to approach a match, like if Geras is using Motaro (which imo is his best kameo rn) and people know/don't know that they can full combo off of a jab when Geras attempts to use low tail shot on block after the full b12 string.

I think Janet has also devalued 1 bar breaker in a lot of matchups and patched a bunch of holes where Geras was able to safely 1 bar break - his low max health is pretty brutal when you can't actually your rewind.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The tier list clearly lists Raiden in “High” tier.. You are getting old, old-timer :DOGE
Speaking of old, let us engage in some old-fashioned arithmetic.

Raiden is listed as number 13.

I counted 27 characters on the tier list in total.

13 out of 27 places Raiden around mid tier.

The math does not lie, folks.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Speaking of old, let us engage in some old-fashioned arithmetic.

Raiden is listed as number 13.

I counted 27 characters on the tier list in total.

13 out of 27 places Raiden around mid tier.

The math does not lie, folks.
How about some old-fashioned statistical analysis, where extrapolating things using something like the median of a dataset is a pretty flawed way of looking at things - but you likely understand this and are just arguing in bad faith.

rifraf

Noob
It's cool to see more tier lists making a comeback because it's been awhile.

Having said that, Tweedy is notorious for making the most controversial MK1 tier lists I've ever seen. Case in point, he has Geras at bottom 3. Enough said :D

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile