What's new

MK1 Story Spoilers Discussion

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
they havent delved into sareena and bi-han’s situationship this time around i guess

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
I will only skim through this thread to stay mostly in the dark, but... it's Deadly Alliance in the end, isn't it ? Also, it appears that Razor saw through it all - the Infinite Crisis or what have you is coming, because we haven't had enough of that, apparently.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched

now i cant take my eyes off her. when she has skins with better hair options, then this is it.

Last edited:
Kuai Liang is Scorpion now. Called by his name, absolutely no question. Even gets his signature scar during the story. No mention of Hanzo that I saw.

Bi-Han is still Sub-Zero when all is said and done, and still Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei. Kuai, along with Smoke, founds the Shirai Ryu.

It's... weird. I love Kuai, I hate playing as Scorpion. Love the character, just not his moveset/playstyle. And now I have to, because it's weird. Though Bi-Han was so much fun in the beta I'll continue playing him as well.
I guess what I’m saying though is it seems like lots of alternate timeline versions of characters started showing up so why not Hanzo and Kuai Liang? I mean they are the true Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

What we got in this game were knock-offs plus we need Noob back.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I know this is story only, but did anyone see Reiko gameplay? He looks like my day 1 main for sure.

He's a grappler. He has a normal throw and a dashing throw that switches sides. Also, a parry, command dash and leap. Shurikens are back too. He's got a heavy metal warlord thing going on. Normals seem solid. He feels like a KOF grappler

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
So the game is essentially MK : DA + Armageddon with a twist of multiverse in terms of story plots?

I think it's funny how the reboots since MK2011 were made to "renew" the MK franchise because of its convoluted and many times messy lore only for them to re-tell the same story in a different light.

I mean-- I don't mind at all, being a fan of all games throughout the series.
I just wish that, if your talk is about freshness and bringing something new to the table, then do it lol

(this is not a hate post I swear I love the new era MKs)

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
I know this is story only, but did anyone see Reiko gameplay? He looks like my day 1 main for sure.

He's a grappler. He has a normal throw and a dashing throw that switches sides. Also, a parry, command dash and leap. Shurikens are back too. He's got a heavy metal warlord thing going on. Normals seem solid. He feels like a KOF grappler
That's an apt description, KoF grapplers are good... but that's not Reiko to me.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Honestly the last, like, third of the story feels rushed af, especially considering everything else was stellar imo. Probably still my favorite NRS story mode, and the ending feels like it could be a really solid starting point for the multiverse shit that Invasions is bringing. That’s a really good chance for NRS to introduce some non linear, broader form of storytelling the series has been lacking. I’m normally not a fan of multiverse shenanigans as they feel overdone as fuck at this point, but this story mode does feel a bit like MK11 if it were done well. Overall I liked it, definitely expected less.

imo they very clearly took themselves a bit less seriously than they did in MKX and 11, which is pretty much all I wanted.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
So someone else with skill and ideas wrote a good portion of it and then handed it over to Dom for the last third so he could trash it back to MKX-11 writing? Seems legit.

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
Yeah I don’t think it’s over in terms of the story. We saw Jax for a reason to remind us that he wasn’t in the story. And that Havik scene too. We’re getting a story expansion unless the strike fucks all that up.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Also, this story at times felt like it was a big, sloppy love letter to the 3D games and I’m here for it.

if I expected amazing storytelling I’d be disappointed. I espected fun, even if it was dumb fun, and that’s something the last two games’ tone failed to give me but this one did.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Not gonna lie, Reiko is boring. No teleport, no flip kick, cheap red effects, barely any string with interesting animations, flat stance... mehhh.
Him missing some if his core moves does kinda suck but if he actually is a grappler like was said (I haven't seen any gameplay of him) at least roster wise he'll be filling in a lack of those. With Kano, Jax, etc. missing we got Geras and Shao as powerhouses with a command grab but that's almost like saying Scorpion is a grappler because he has an airthrow, lol.

Skybox

Noob
I'm personally loving all the new character personalities.

I can't wait for tanya to go evil next game, it'll be more impactful than her being a flat betrayer on the first chapter

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
I'm personally loving all the new character personalities.

I can't wait for tanya to go evil next game, it'll be more impactful than her being a flat betrayer on the first chapter
That honestly gets me a bit hyped for Invasions. We’ll probably get all sorts of alternate timeline characters. I’ve always wanted them to do something like this. If we’re commited to multiverses, we should get shorter, self contained stories of alternate versions of a lot of characters. Just go all in with it.

Last edited:

Skybox

Noob
Maybe this arc can be liu trying to save his universe and at the end?

It's just his

And the big bad could be onaga