What's new

MK1 Story Spoilers Discussion

NoobKillua

Anything's Possible
Alright I wasn't strong enough to avoid the ending WTF JUST HAPPENED IN THIS STORY LOL

I gotta say, I'm not a fan of these mashups, and the ending is also quite anticlimatic. I'm... at a loss for words.

I will say though I love some of the alternates I saw, they are absolutely crazy.
I just interpreted as Liu Kangs timeline is the main one and we see a mashup again for another 2 games

The story is definitely rushed and a lot of stuff just goes nowhere. It's like a rushed mash-up of Deception and Armageddon.
Yeah, I didn't see the whole thing but what I saw gave me MKDA + MKA vibes. I'm not sure watching the whole story would've changed the impact of this ending but... I don't know, why does it feel so flat? I kinda expected a better build up of a unique boss character, and then neither the build-up nor the unique boss character were there.

I will probably reserve judgement until I play the whole thing, but in spite of that I already love the content the game seems to be packing, even though I think a lot of people are gonna be upset by the fact some DLC characters are showing unique animations on-disc lol

Skybox

Noob
I'm truly conflicted

On one hand, Onaga isn't the overarching villain across 3 titles so I am bummed

On the other?
Many good moments and twists, as well as a nonsense goof off story, which is mortal kombat to me

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
I give it a 9/10. The ending was what I expected it to be, a big ass mess, but what else would happen with all time travel mumbo jumbo. I’m glad that a lot of the characters were done justice while others remained jobbers, but from it seems like Havik is gonna be the big bad in the next game?? Maybe he’ll try to resurrect Onaga? Who knows but I’m kinda pleased with this story compared to the previous two.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
That was baaaaaaad. Fun kameos at the end though. A few small things:

1 - I knew Shinnoks amulet would be back! A shame it didn't gain any new powers, since it did it almost every game since it came out.

2 - I wished they had confirmed that was Bi-Han's and Kuai Liang's sister at the end.

PD: Dam was that guy unbearable. I'm thankful for what he did, but God, I could not stand him.

NoobKillua

Anything's Possible
Evil Kombat Kids

Also, now I understand why the leaked script said PROTAGONIST during this scene. Because you get to choose your character at the start of Chapter 15.
I knew something was off when Bi-Han was kicking ass that's not NRS's MO

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I think Shao Kahn is the biggest jobber here, along with Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. I'm sure they all lose more fights than Reiko. It's a disservice to the greatest villains of the franchise.