What's new

MK1 Patch Notes

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Cyrax isnt dead its literally choose damage/throw extensions or safe helicopter half as many times as you could before. Its a little dramatic guys. Up heli is still half a meter.

You have to give up your turn more yes, at least you can poke out of a lao hat if they try to keep their turn.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
interestingly, they're clamping down on using Kameos twice in a combo. you get penalized with extra cooldown.
Punishing the player for using their assists in this assist-based game is a helluva concept. Surely the trade-off that already existed for cashing out your assist in a combo was not having that assist to use in neutral for a while, but now the wait's even longer? I don't get it.

Going through the patch notes is down right depressing.
Honestly, same. It's a real shame because MK 1 is almost that lightning in a bottle vibe, but this approach feels off and a lot of these changes strike me as weird. I hope they're just trying to fix/standardize a few things before some larger changes, but there's way too much nerfing and not nearly enough buffing.

Oddly I see Cage/Kenshi dodging most of it as possibly encouraging. If they want them to be that strong, fine, but then they're going to need to buff some of the lower levels of the cast. That combined with sub being untouched makes me think this was not "the balance patch" and more "here's shit we need to cleanup".

Still sucks that it's going to be however long before the next one, and in the meantime I suspect the meta is going to be cage/kenshi for mains, and Lao for everyone who doesn't have someone better (like kenshi using sub).

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
-Fixed issue that when pressing Kameo input button at the same exact timing as an attack button causes one of the inputs to be ignored
-Fixed issue with some cancels using Enhanced specials not executing properly when used at specific timing
Best part hands down, well second best part that is. Those input issues bodied me quite a few times.

rifraf

Noob
Honestly, same. It's a real shame because MK 1 is almost that lightning in a bottle vibe, but this approach feels off and a lot of these changes strike me as weird. I hope they're just trying to fix/standardize a few things before some larger changes, but there's way too much nerfing and not nearly enough buffing.

Oddly I see Cage/Kenshi dodging most of it as possibly encouraging. If they want them to be that strong, fine, but then they're going to need to buff some of the lower levels of the cast. That combined with sub being untouched makes me think this was not "the balance patch" and more "here's shit we need to cleanup".

Still sucks that it's going to be however long before the next one, and in the meantime I suspect the meta is going to be cage/kenshi for mains, and Lao for everyone who doesn't have someone better (like kenshi using sub).
If they were to take the wait and see approach, I'd be totally for it. They could've released some minor nerfs to the things they find "problematic" and leave the game to evolve. I just can't find this NUKE approach justified by any means.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I hate to be a Karen for a sec, but I have to say it: the fact that both MK11 and MK1 (especially MK1 considering the # of them) released with a slew of errors across everyone's movelists is beyond unacceptable. This is a fighting game so information is EVERYTHING. The game telling players X when it's really Y is so awful. Not to mention that tournaments, be they pro comp, online, or locals, were popping up as early as release weekend. Whatever NRS' processes are for maintaining information on current builds and what needs to be reflected in ALL menus for accuracy are clearly failing miserably. Is it crunch? Is it that MK1 was genuinely SUPER rushed to release cause of WB Games? What on earth happened?

EDIT: and now there's many confirmed changes to characters not documented in the notes. Are teams not talking to each other? Are they just terrible at documentation?

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Yeah.. You know something is universally bad when Juggs and I agree that's it bad. This patch is a bad omen for the future. Sure we'll ajust to it but what this says about how ballece is handled via patching for mk1 is worrying at best.

nxn

Noob
Best part hands down, well second best part that is. Those input issues bodied me quite a few times.
I don't think they actually fixed all of them, the game is still behaving weird and inconsistent with how it reads inputs in my experience. I notice this occasionally whenever I want to cancel a string into a special that has the same button as the next one in the string's sequence.

So if there's a character that has a string like F423 and I try to hit confirm F42 into DF3 there's a small chance I'll get F423 despite having clean directional inputs between F42 and 3. The fact 3 comes out indicates that I didn't miss the cancel window so I don't understand why the game would prioritize the string over the input for the special.

Mind you, what I describe happens pretty rarely, but when it does I just can't make any sense of it. I have input shortcuts and negative edge off, I even tried increasing the special input buffer window to "long" thinking that maybe I'm somehow too slow on the directional inputs yet still making the cancel window.. but no difference. I'm still of the opinion there's more input bugs in this game.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Was there anything on Nitara and Reptile?
Reptiles force ball has less damage scaling, so his combos do a few percent more I think.

And it's weird that this isn't listed in the newly released patch notes. Which makes me wonder what ELSE isn't written down...

Last edited: