What's new

MK1 Patch Notes

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
They both were never broken. Neither were the best in the game even at their peak. Were they good? Of course but I can easily name you 10+ times when a character was butchered to be unviable
They were both more than "good" haha. The only reason we can say Takeda wasn't #1 is because we're talking about a game with characters as broken as Tanya and Alien. But he was ridiculous pre-nerf, and I'm saying this as a Takeda main.

And there were plenty of MKX characters that became OP after buffs. Shinnok, Sonya, Mileena.

But yeah, I don't think completely knocking characters down to the bottom is great either. It makes more sense to just be careful with nerfs and careful with buffs, in general.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
...but also gets zoned out.
In this game? Zoned out by what? LOL. Which characters?

No characters are bad in this game because they get zoned out. This game is no MK9 or Injustice 1 or 2.

Reptile is arguably low mid tier because of the gaps in his strings and because his overhead is -13 on block. Fixing these two issues alone would allow him to climb a tier or two.

In this game? Zoned out by what? LOL. Which characters?

No characters are bad in this game because they get zoned out. This game is no MK9 or Injustice 1 or 2.

Reptile is arguably low mid tier because of the gaps in his strings and because his overhead is -13 on block. Fixing these two issues alone would allow him to climb a tier or two.
Zoned out maybe wasn’t what I meant to say. I mean to say he has to go to every character in the game except maybe Johnny. And although zoning isn’t as strong as it has been in previous games you can most definitely still get zoned.

My point is he gets outzoned by literally every character in the game yet his up close game is arguably bottom 3 in the game. You can’t even play mid/footsies range that well because he has arguably the slowest dash block speed in the game and his forceballs are easily jumped over.

His only good tool is b3 which has a billion gaps in.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
Tweedy played him in a tournament tonight. With Stryker.
Yes he did in some games. I was very happy to see that. However, he complained how boring Baraka was the whole time lol and how he plans on not using him in the future. He also used Kung Lao and Goro half the time as well.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
I swear some of you act like you’re new to nrs games. If there is one thing we all should have learned by now playing nrs games since mk9 is that we would muuuuuuch rather have a game where nrs takes risks and have some broken stuff than have to play a boring ass vanilla game where everyone is more or less balanced.

Also all of you saying we don’t want to buff because it’s too risky, I challenge you to name just one single instance in nrs history when a low tier character was overbuffed to be broken in the game. It hasn’t happened a single time. Stop being so scared of having a game that is actually fun.
Some would say Injustice 1 Bane. I personally loved him in that game, but you could argue he went from low tier to broken via a balance patch. I do agree with you though, I do prefer a flashy, high octane game in which NRS takes risks and has some OP stuff than a plain, bland fighter.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
They're death on block, don't travel full screen and can be jump over. The only half-decent one is the ex slow forceball, otherwise they are mostly for some fake midscreen pressure and mid-combo extensions. So yeah, you can keep them lol
I wish they would give Reptile his MK9 forceballs. Idk why they made them so shitty in this game.

Also all of you saying we don’t want to buff because it’s too risky, I challenge you to name just one single instance in nrs history when a low tier character was overbuffed to be broken in the game. It hasn’t happened a single time.
Other ogs please weigh in but this is what i recall

cyborg injustice, buffed from last place to 3rd place

jax mk9 they THOUGHT was bad but then when he was buffed he became top 3 and i believe needed a nerf

mkx kitana mains (one of the most whiney main communities ever) begged for buffs and she became top 5 leading to sonicfox perfect legend massacre

mkx sub zero recieved low version of clone throw and few other buffs, went on to dominate

theres more but i cant remember

Yes he did in some games. I was very happy to see that. However, he complained how boring Baraka was the whole time lol and how he plans on not using him in the future. He also used Kung Lao and Goro half the time as well.
Issue with Baraka is he's pretty much doing the same combos over and over. It can get boring when you're not allowed any creativity with your combos even with Kameos on the table. I've been thinking maybe NRS could change his j121 into a Ground Bounce like Sub-Zero's just so he can get a little extra.

I wish they would give Reptile his MK9 forceballs. Idk why they made them so shitty in this game.
I'm telling you guys, MKX Forceball Stop would make him an absolute dickhead lol. He wouldn't be trying to rush you down, playing around his invisibility or try anything fullscreen. Instead he'd want to be in the range where his shitty forceballs work best. And then he'd be spamming them.

Imagine tossing some regular Forceballs out, Stopping one with 1 (or maybe 2) bars of meter nearby the opponent and then sending an Ambush Kameo like Sareena's Meter Drain, Motaro Teleport, Sonya Square Wave, Jax's Ground Pound etc to add another layer to the setup.

That's what I wish. I'd have more fun with that than Invisibility buffs and the amount of nasty setups would be pretty big.