What's new

MK1 Patch Notes

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I'm not too unhappy with the changes, but it always seems odd in games when a patch nerfs multiple aspects of the same thing at once. Would have been great to have Cyrax unchanged but have the flawless block meterbuild change ship, since people are going to start being able to flawless block more and more as the game progresses it might have been enough.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I'm a little bit surprised the sub zero kameo got out unscathed considering how strong it is, too - would have expected the projectile armor to maybe have a cooldown nerf or something

Exactly what I was hoping wasn’t going to happen but was afraid WAS going to happen. NRS is allergic to slight nerfs. All they needed to do was slightly nerf a few Kameos, a few characters, and then buff the rest. And the buffs didn’t have to be insane or anything either. Because with the nerfs, you wouldn’t need super buffs.

And this is exactly why people drop NRS games. Or at least it’s why I do. I’m not going to invest hours and hours for months just for it to not just change, but change completely. Literally wasting my time for no reason ¯\(ツ)
The only thing missing is a lower tier character getting buffed into a top tier character and a character that is fine getting unneeded buffs to make them busted and an absolutely broken DLC character and the nrs cycle is complete.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I'm a little bit surprised the sub zero kameo got out unscathed considering how strong it is, too - would have expected the projectile armor to maybe have a cooldown nerf or something
I think it got slightly changed too, no? Pretty sure I saw it in a Rooflemonger or Tweedy video from today?

Art Lean

Noob
its still just as easy

armor isn't needed for the triple threat grind, just high damage
I have the high damage, but I used to grind it whilst watching films on my laptop. By just ensuring I got the armor in at the start of the match, I barely had to play whilst doing something else far more enjoyable instead, literally not having to think about controlling my character in the slightest haha. Last night for example, I was watching the new MK Legacy: Cage Match movie and barely even looked at the TV screen whilst I was leveling up Rain to level 23. Now I've actually got to time it properly to get flawless victory every time and even watch what I'm doing.

Or you know, they could just make leveling characters for their gear quicker and more enjoyable. I honestly much preferred playing varied towers with set rewards in MK11 compared to endlessly replaying the same fights over and over and over to slowly earn the rewards instead.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
And this is exactly why people drop NRS games. Or at least it’s why I do. I’m not going to invest hours and hours for months just for it to not just change, but change completely. Literally wasting my time for no reason ¯\(ツ)
Funny you mention this...

As soon as Sonic Fox won, I started labbing Rain/Cyrax seriously. I was playing Kombat League yesterday when Tom suddenly texted me "Patch! Major Cyrax nerfs!"

So much for Rain/Cyrax. LOL.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I personally think they should have left helicopter the same, but Cyrax took 200 away from your health. That way he is hella good, but turned you into a glass cannon. Would have been way more fun.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I personally think they should have left helicopter the same, but Cyrax took 200 away from your health. That way he is hella good, but turned you into a glass cannon. Would have been way more fun.
This was my thought process. He basically turned any character into Akuma but a lot of people weren't on board with that.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Exactly what I was hoping wasn’t going to happen but was afraid WAS going to happen. NRS is allergic to slight nerfs. All they needed to do was slightly nerf a few Kameos, a few characters, and then buff the rest. And the buffs didn’t have to be insane or anything either. Because with the nerfs, you wouldn’t need super buffs.

Preach brutha, I don't know what Paolo and Co are snorting at NerfRealmStudios, but it has to be some back alley ganja shit. Honestly a little damage scaling to the top and some minor tweaks to Cyass and Lao, we would've been Gucci (For Now). Can't even let the game digest without going for the tums bottle.

Imagine cooking up a steak, and instead of adding a little salt to tweak the flavor, you take an electric trimmer to all the marbling. That's going to be some flavorless steak ie MK11.

Cyrax was bullshit, but you cant neuter the dude. Or was this the gender swap everyone was talking about?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Funny you mention this...

As soon as Sonic Fox won, I started labbing Rain/Cyrax seriously. I was playing Kombat League yesterday when Tom suddenly texted me "Patch! Major Cyrax nerfs!"

So much for Rain/Cyrax. LOL.
It’s beyond frustrating. And I KNEW to be worried after that Sub-Zero nerf from the beta. It was a clear sign of things to come. But this is something I’ve harped on ad nauseam for years and years now, and nothing has changed. So no point in wasting my time advocating for a “buff more than you nerf” approach. It’s clear they aren’t interested in it. ¯\(ツ)

rifraf

Noob
It’s beyond frustrating. And I KNEW to be worried after that Sub-Zero nerf from the beta. It was a clear sign of things to come. But this is something I’ve harped on ad nauseam for years and years now, and nothing has changed. So no point in wasting my time advocating for a “buff more than you nerf” approach. It’s clear they aren’t interested in it. ¯\(ツ)
I guess so. This latest patch pretty much solidifies this. Truly disappointing.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Imagine cooking up a steak, and instead of adding a little salt to tweak the flavor, you take an electric trimmer to all the marbling. That's going to be some flavorless steak
That's not what my analogy would be.

It would be like "imagine a steak" that cost you $70 at a super fancy restaurant but was rubbery and tough as nails. Some people are saying "wow I paid all this money for this?" and threatening to never go there again. So the restaurant decides to change the cooking in order for it to taste like the rest of their food. But you? Instead of complaining about the taste and wanting a better steak so it can be on par with the other good meats available, you decided that all meat in the restaurant should also be rubbery and tough as nails as all food tasting like trash is the best way to make them taste equal.

That's a better analogy indeed.

#NerfCyrax

:laughing:

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Lololol Cyrax is ass bref, not defending that abomination. Honestly if they tested the fn game out before release maybe they would've have noticed his BS and had him normalized at launch. NRS is incompetent, and at the end of the day all they want to do is turn that 70 dollar steak into 140 dollar Hamburger.

Chimchurri dear patron? That will be 15 dollars? A1? 5 dollars a squirt. TP for your bunghole?(aka Final patch a yr from now) Shart your drawers patron, we already got your money.

People, this is the first patch, game has been out for basically just a month. Chill.

The thing that was obviously the most oppressive and braindead was toned down. Maybe too much, yes. Let's see how the rest of the game feels now.
It isn't a good first impression of the balance being done.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
no, its not

fuck Mustard for a second, options and freedom was removed as well, the bad stuff wasn't made better

a patch mostly nerfing with little to no buffing is not good, and I don't even use Cyrax

nor do I kare about Raiden's nerf, I in fact kalled for it
Yeah people think those who use Cyrax are the only ones “complaining”. I don’t use Cyrax and one of the reasons is because I figured he was gonna get gutted because it’s apparently impossible for NRS to do light nerfs while simultaneously buffing. They can only overnerf for whatever reason ¯\(ツ)

I’m more annoyed at the other changes that have nerfed Scorpion. They nerfed his j12 and they nerfed his EX TP. No idea why. Probably nerfed more maybe even unintentionally, who knows

rifraf

Noob
Don't even play Cyrax, I just don't like the vibe of this patch nerf-wise. It amuses me to see characters I don't like get hit but Baraka getting nerfed 4 different ways because of Cyrax, whom everyone had access to, that's wack.
Unless stuff are truly broken, nerf patches in almost every game are considered hype killers, and for good reason. For a patch to be considered well thought out, it needs to be well rounded so to speak.