What's new

MK1 Invasions Mode: (It Sucks)

Art Lean

Noob
So there is no map to show you which nodes within a mesa are still incomplete? If not, how are you supposed to keep track of all the nodes that you've yet to complete? Or the ones you need to go back to? Like the ones that require special items like keys, cryomancer heart etc?
Just follow green lines. Green means there's still things you haven't completed, whilst blue means you have.

So there is no map to show you which nodes within a mesa are still incomplete? If not, how are you supposed to keep track of all the nodes that you've yet to complete? Or the ones you need to go back to? Like the ones that require special items like keys, cryomancer heart etc?
There isn’t. I think most players are just making mental notes/randomly exploring.

Just follow green lines. Green means there's still things you haven't completed, whilst blue means you have.
Right. I understand about the colored lines. It's just that some of these Mesa's are enormous with tons of nodes all laid out in a very confusing manner. To have to find the 2 or 3 that I missed, even with the help of the colored lines, I know I'm going to end up wandering aimlessly for a really long time. A simple map would solve this problem. I know some people having been making these maps manually, but they are not always reliable and would much rather have it in game.

Right. I understand about the colored lines. It's just that some of these Mesa's are enormous with tons of nodes all laid out in a very confusing manner. To have to find the 2 or 3 that I missed, even with the help of the colored lines, I know I'm going to end up wandering aimlessly for a really long time. A simple map would solve this problem. I know some people having been making these maps manually, but they are not always reliable and would much rather have it in game.
funnily enough,the layout of the mesas is identical each season so you can use the existing made maps you referenced if you truely desire to beat every single node.

So long as you have your character using the faster movement speed (click LS and they'll flash gold to confirm), it doesn't take long at all.

I'm not sure this is the right threat, but I grinded s2 of invasions and seasonal towers hard, got a lot of different pallets etc.

When s3 dropped, all of them have dissapeared. All them hours for nothing!

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, did you manage to get them back?

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Just FYI for anyone who might be interested. There is a new way of grinding the character mastery in the invasions.

Go to tarkatan mesa, find the node with 3 fights [its behind the cryomancer gate, so you need to best invasions first], equip the relic that applies the dmg to your meter first and have a chance of you to die when you fell. End fight with brute, you will be always flawless and get decent portion of exp.

Found this somewhere on YT so credit goes to the guy who posted it, but I cannot find it now.

Art Lean

Noob
What’s the most effective way of farming seasonal coins? I’ve bought all this seasons normal human skins, a few of the interesting white haired variants and all the gear pieces, but don’t like the remaining frozen skins enough to be just grinding that seasonal tower for a small amount of coins each time.

If it’s still the challenge tower, does it still massively scale up in money rewards as you increase its level, or has that been capped like the scaling xp was?

Additional question about the Seasonal Tower? How much gold do you usually get from completing it, as I seem to only be getting 100 Koins. I seem to get more from doing Klassic Towers.

Played through the first one, was a bit of slog, but gave it a go. Played about 20mins of S2... haven't touched it since. I can't see myself playing S3 at all. And haven't touched any of the tower stuff.

Nothing to draw me in. Cosmetics are mostly meh. Don't really see the point.

At least MK11 with it's third-person mini-game style krypt was something a little different. Even the towers were more fun than anything in MK1. Or maybe i'm just getting old and everything is turning to shit... who knows.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I still can't believe there is ANYONE who likes this mode.

Absolute dogshit. NRS probably sees the 3 people on the planet who somehow enjoy it and think "Mission accomplished. No need to ever put an inspired and fun single player mode in any upcoming game ever again."

"Welcome to the Kombat Kast! We are so excited to announce our new single player mode for Mortal Kombat Deuce - Barebones! Derek.....tell us all about it!"

air horn

"Oh, I'd love to! Barebones is a new, exciting mode where you fight through a gauntlet of armored characters, much like Invasions....except this time you're only allowed to choose ONE ATTACK BUTTON per round to defeat the enemies! The other buttons are all disabled! You asked for a challenge and boy did we deliver! Also, the screen is permanently upside down, flashing and your inputs are reversed! But before we get into all the other wild, zany and fun modifiers you'll see in Barebones mode.....it's time for birthday shououts!!!"

air horn

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Nah, that is your subjective opinion.

Not saying the mode can't be improved, but it's not trash.

Keep in mind, most people who enjoy it aren't ranting online at every opportunity about the mode.
I, and I imagine most others, don't trash the mode because "yay negativity". We just want it improved. I flat out don't enjoy the time investment of Invasions.

Art Lean

Noob
I, and I imagine most others, don't trash the mode because "yay negativity". We just want it improved. I flat out don't enjoy the time investment of Invasions.
Agreed, I would love to love it, and fed that back on the survey, personally I felt it should have been more like Deception's Konquest or Shaolin Monks meets MK11's Krypt.

Indeed the main menu describes it as follows:

"Konquer a single player adventure that changes each Season."

I don't think I would ever use the phrase "adventure" to describe Invasions to anyone ever, even if my thesaurus only went up to B.

But I guess they figured "Towers of Time, with more fights and less rewards... on a map." didn't have the same ring to it.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nah, that is your subjective opinion.

Not saying the mode can't be improved, but it's not trash..
Nah it’s trash

EDIT: I could write in detail everything objectively and subjectively wrong with it, but most of it has already been stated in this thread. And I’m also not trying to convince anyone OR change anyone’s opinion or views on it (when I say “nah it’s trash” I’m clearly messing with people. Even though it indeed IS trash). The only thing I’d be doing is hoping the message somehow makes its way to NRS, OR it’d just be me venting which again, I and others have already done plenty of in this very thread.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
OK so am I drunk or have they just extended this abortion of a season???
You're not drunk! We have TWO EXTRA WEEKS OF THIS INVASIONS SEASON TO PLAY! MK1 IS SAVED!!!!

But seriously, I see this as a good thing. Maybe I'm insane but I feel like they might actually be preparing a huge, game changing patch to coincide with the release of Peacemaker. This truly is a make-or-break moment for the game, and I hope NRS is aware of that.