What's new

MK1 Invasions Mode: (It Sucks)

ItsYaBoi

Noob
You're not drunk! We have TWO EXTRA WEEKS OF THIS INVASIONS SEASON TO PLAY! MK1 IS SAVED!!!!

But seriously, I see this as a good thing. Maybe I'm insane but I feel like they might actually be preparing a huge, game changing patch to coincide with the release of Peacemaker. This truly is a make-or-break moment for the game, and I hope NRS is aware of that.
Don't. Do not give yourself hope or optimism.

The best thing to do with NRS is expect the bare minimum, that way you can be pleasantly surprised if any substantial changes come. And if it's a meh patch? Well, you already braced yourself for it, so no immense disappointment.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Don't. Do not give yourself hope or optimism.

The best thing to do with NRS is expect the bare minimum, that way you can be pleasantly surprised if any substantial changes come. And if it's a meh patch? Well, you already braced yourself for it, so no immense disappointment.
Oh, I already am fairly certain no sweeping changes will be made. I was just trying to think positively.

Having said that, I don't even know what they could possibly do to pull me away from Tekken 8 anyway. I'm sure I'm not alone in that feeling, either.

Last edited:

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I’m pretty much completely out until Ermac tbh. I’ll give him a try because he’s always been interesting, but then I’ll go straight back onto Tekken I imagine. On a side note, he’s far away enough that we might actually be into the next season by then too!

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
OK... so just when I think that the skins could get any worse than the Sub Zero Season, we now have what will be known henceforth as the "mustard and green season". I am seriously stunned! Here I thought a Mileena season would be good - I thought it would be a good mix of purple empress and a little crazy thrown in.

Even the occasional mohawk can't save this abortion of a season. This is almost an alegory of the state of this game!

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I actually think that concept of recolors ruined the whole reward thing and its the laziest of moves ever.

If you are hardcore MK fan, you have always identified character with certain collor palletes. Well, you dont even have to be. Casuals always knew that Scorp is yellow, Reptile is green and Sindel is violet. Thats applicable mosty to classic fighters but also from the 3d era onwards, you had that already written in your brain.

And now having this abomination of multicolored ugly ass palettes as a reward, its not really encouraging to play this mode. I, personally, never use theme/color that is out of the character. I dont accept yellow Sub Zero or blue Scorpion.

It doesnt make sense at all for me. In a game where most of the classics evolved from the pallette swaps and colors were part of the identity, why now they are taken back from them.

Its really weird decision making, but I have to admit one thing - its the easiest and fastest one. You dont even need to think about changes to the outfit or any other visuals. You just splash different color randomly and BANG, you can charge your customers with money and time.

Really cant stand how many bad decisions have been made in this game. Not only in invasions but in general.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
If you are hardcore MK fan, you have always identified character with certain collor palletes. Well, you dont even have to be. Casuals always knew that Scorp is yellow, Reptile is green and Sindel is violet. Thats applicable mosty to classic fighters but also from the 3d era onwards, you had that already written in your brain.

And now having this abomination of multicolored ugly ass palettes as a reward, its not really encouraging to play this mode. I, personally, never use theme/color that is out of the character. I dont accept yellow Sub Zero or blue Scorpion.
I 100% agree with this. Who the fuck is playing a brown Kitana? Blue Scorpions and yellow Sub Zeros are just lame.

This season is particularly horrific. There is literally no skin in the shop I want to get. What on earth does mustard and green have to do with Mileena??? At least the Nitara season was pretty well done as it was relevant to the character.

These themes of just making every skin a certain colour each season is just lazy and boring. They need to take the essence of the season's character and bend it to fit the other character. Sub Zero Season could have had Mileena in a frosty, light purple outfit with a pale face and white eyes. In the Mileena season, Tanya with shaved sides, a similar headpiece to Mileeena and ripped clothing.

Thank fuck that Final Fantasy Rebirth is here.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So, I think I will play this season for the Mileena's skins, as she is one of my mains. Does anyone if there is an equivalent of a windbreaker talisman this season? Some dumb talisman that trivializes the boss fights on the locked areas. Or do I need to keep refreshing the shops every hour and faming materials to build a talisman? I tried that in the Nitara season and, after about 8 hours, gave up as my talisman was nowhere NEAR what the windbreaker from the first season was. Help a bro out.

I'd also like to ask - did anyone buy the "order of darkness scorpion bundle" that was available in the store sometime ago? I noticed that the "Dark Nitara" bundle doesn't have her gold and silver pallete variants, but those were available as rewards if you ground invasions. I am curious if this is the case with Scorpion as well - if it is, it means that you can only get ALL order of darkness palletes if you grind the invasions, as the future bundles will not include the awesome gold and silver variants.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
So, I think I will play this season for the Mileena's skins, as she is one of my mains. Does anyone if there is an equivalent of a windbreaker talisman this season? Some dumb talisman that trivializes the boss fights on the locked areas. Or do I need to keep refreshing the shops every hour and faming materials to build a talisman? I tried that in the Nitara season and, after about 8 hours, gave up as my talisman was nowhere NEAR what the windbreaker from the first season was. Help a bro out.

I'd also like to ask - did anyone buy the "order of darkness scorpion bundle" that was available in the store sometime ago? I noticed that the "Dark Nitara" bundle doesn't have her gold and silver pallete variants, but those were available as rewards if you ground invasions. I am curious if this is the case with Scorpion as well - if it is, it means that you can only get ALL order of darkness palletes if you grind the invasions, as the future bundles will not include the awesome gold and silver variants.
you must use the talisman that throw overpowered sais projectiles (I think it is called "Sai those eyes") that you get I guess, in the tarkatan camp, and keep using it during all the invasion mode, until you get Windbreaker later in shang laboratory or something ;)

is the only way to rush through this shit mode and this ultra boring Mileena season all the way, lol, hehe !! :p

Art Lean

Noob
you must use the talisman that throw overpowered sais projectiles (I think it is called "Sai those eyes") that you get I guess, in the tarkatan camp, and keep using it during all the invasion mode, until you get Windbreaker later in shang laboratory or something ;)

is the only way to rush through this shit mode and this ultra boring Mileena season all the way, lol, hehe !! :p
Except the legendary Windbreaker doesn't auto-recharge anymore between fights, you have to pay to recharge it now, and it's damn expensive to do so, like 15k.

Makes it impossible to use for the Seasonal Tower if you decide to keep replaying it that for the 21 skins exclusive to it (including 5 Order of Darkness titan palettes at the highest levels of 78 - 90).

The Sais still remain my go-to, as I haven't got round to building a custom talisman of my own (apparently Windbreakers don't even recharge even on your own custom-built talismans either, irrespective of adding recharging komponents), but as I'm leveling up the tower they're becoming less and less effective on a few opponents (I main Ashrah and there's a few characters it's very ineffective against, like Geras, Nitara and Reiko, especially when their health-bars are increasing ridiculously each time).

trufenix

bye felicia
Except the legendary Windbreaker doesn't auto-recharge anymore between fights, you have to pay to recharge it now, and it's damn expensive to do so, like 15k.

Makes it impossible to use for the Seasonal Tower if you decide to keep replaying it that for the 21 skins exclusive to it (including 5 Order of Darkness titan palettes at the highest levels of 78 - 90).

The Sais still remain my go-to, as I haven't got round to building a custom talisman of my own (apparently Windbreakers don't even recharge even on your own custom-built talismans either, irrespective of adding recharging komponents), but as I'm leveling up the tower they're becoming less and less effective on a few opponents (I main Ashrah and there's a few characters it's very ineffective against, like Geras, Nitara and Reiko, especially when their health-bars are increasing ridiculously each time).
Love that someone at NRS is taking a look at 4 seasons of Invasions feedback and thinking the issue is over powered talismans. Not the shrine, not the loading, not the piss poor navigation, not the terrible leveling system, not the cheating bosses, not the fact YOU STILL CAN'T USE THE FUCKING COSTUMES YOU UNLOCK on random, nope.

It's the recharge scaling. That's what's fucking the game up.

I love that every time people find a way to mitigate the absolute slog of Invasions stuff, NRS swoops in and does the work to nerf it...instead of ever reflecting on the fact that people don't want to interact with the actual content of Invasions and just want to auto-talisman past it.

Some serious priorities there.

molambo

(X ౪ X )
as someone who came late in i can just say that i find it boring and at certain points frustrating. the jump passages where you have to evade fireballs is like...didnt i started a fighting game?

its kinda sad to see that they put so much effort in these maps when the gameplay loop is not interesting enough for me to enjoy it. this is not a nr issue, other fighting games feel the need to implement modes for the singleplayer part which are just not enjoyable and dont have much to do with the core game. its as if playing fighting games for the sake of playing a fighting game isnt enough, we have to shoehorn another "game" into it which happens only with fighting games.

its as if playing fighting games for the sake of playing a fighting game isnt enough, we have to shoehorn another "game" into it which happens only with fighting games.

that’s actually a good thing that there is an attempt to add more meat to fighting games with game modes. I think Sf VI did it best, with a Yakuza esque single player campaign, minigames, avatar battles and even retro Capcom Arcade games playable in their lobby.

invasions is a Terrible attempt at it though, we agree there. Those “survive” stages are awful. MK has a history of fun side games, even a kart racer, single player games like shaolin monks, they could have ported those as extras along w a real tag mode w assists and we would have a better package. In the first season of invasions they had cage’s mansion as a mesa w arcade cabinets in it. They should have you play levels of mk2 or umk3 on the invasions nodes - stuff like that to make it more interesting to play

Last edited:

molambo

(X ౪ X )
that’s actually a good thing that there is an attempt to add more meat to fighting games with game modes. I think Sf VI did it best, with a Yakuza esque single player campaign, minigames, avatar battles and even retro Capcom Arcade games playable in their lobby.

invasions is a Terrible attempt at it though, we agree there. Those “survive” stages are awful. MK has a history of fun side games, even a kart racer, single player games like shaolin monks, they could have ported those as extras along w a real tag mode w assists and we would have a better package. In the first season of invasions they had cage’s mansion as a mesa w arcade cabinets in it. They should have you play levels of mk2 or umk3 on the invasions nodes - stuff like that to make it more interesting to play
sf6 world tour is ugly, boring and a waste of time. when i want to play yakuza why not just go and play yakuza instead of this horrible attempt.
its one thing to expand on gameplay modes which are related to the core gameplay but or funny little! sidemodes like tekken ball which dont need that much dev time.

i rather play a 4-6hour long story mode where i at least get entertained and then be done with it to go back to the fighting game aspect.
the avatar stuff is in the same category of being just ugly and when i would like to play muggen i would do so. same for the old games. why would i start sf6 to play a old games which on pc i could play for free, in better quality and possibly even online against other people.

i would rather them expand on more charackters/stages then to waste so much time and effort into things like world tour or invasion.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Something like Chess Kombat would be nice, though, as it incorporates the fighting part directly into the gameplay loop while also requiring you to think outside of the fights (pieces movement and the like). I'd also think it would be fantastic to have Puzzle Kombat back while you wait in a King of the Hill lobby for your turn. Maybe have the option to play with the person behind you on queue, or play vs the CPU if you are the only one waiting. That would, however, require us to have an actual functioning KOTH mode, which we don't, over 6 months from the game's launch.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I just got all the OOD skins for Mileena. It can be done in about 6 hours if you JUST follow the shortest paths to every boss. In shang tsungs lab, you also find a talisman called "Doomsday Device" that easily one shots all Mileena bosses (instantly makes them go to the next phase). It only has two charges, but it does recharge between fights.

I dont know who invasions is fun for, I dont know what they were thinking behind closed doors. I'd rather play like fucking Smash Run or something. This just is so mundane and boring. Not a single redeemable quality. They will keep pumping it out though
it just feels like the bare minimum. There isnt any atmosphere either, no lore no insights into the new timeline. It’s just a naked grind for skins but they dont make it “fun” to explore the mesas. That’s partially why it feels like a mobile game, it’s a naked f2p esque grind. Also, there are gatcha games That have more effort put into their story and atmosphere than invasions mode