What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Great post, and pretty much agree with everything you said.

Only thing regarding:

I agree with this, but i have no issue with allowing people to "buy" such items using in-game currency earned from playing other modes.

I didn't mind the rolling store in MK11, i get coins from playing online, but I can use them to buy things that would otherwise be locked behind stupid game modes like AI fighters. Sure you can't pick and choose exactly what you want, but like you said, i'm not owed it... if i wanted it that bad i'd play the AI mode.

The problem is that people are seeing it as a "grind" because they want to have everything NOW, as opposed to just playing the game and getting them organically over time.

If that's the case they may as well have a everything edition where there's no unlocks... then everyone will complain that there's nothing to do in the game because everything is unlocked. IF they charge extra they'll complain that they're getting robbed for stuff that's already in the game. If there are no unlocks casuals won't play because that's part of the charm.

I get that people want to use characters/costumes that they like or prefer, but as much as it's a fighting game, it's also about the little rewards you get during your time with the game. Not everyone wants to spend hours in practice mode training stage perfecting that almost impossible to hit 50% 21 hit combo, or only playing ranked online. It's all about the entire package, not just the bits that each person cares about.
That’s because it was a grind. Being forced to play against the AI for months or just super long periods of time in general in order to unlock stuff is and will always be a grind in a fighting game.

Refer back to my post for why having the ability to unlock content as an incentive for playing online is incredibly beneficial.

I think it’s a good balance in 11

if they really want more people to try online then adding characters like pre nerf Sheeva and sub zero that a 3 year old can win with could help

the satisfaction I used to get from watching sub zero squirming around guessing which direction my stomp was going to land was actually euphoric, paybacks

I’d rather have a brand new Sonya

like she needs a new look she had the same default the past two games that weird leather blue jacket

she was also a mother the past two games

so I was hoping with the reboot it’d be young Sonya cause we just had older Johnny and Sonya so why go straight back to that with a reboot

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hopefully Kerri Hoskins is playing Sonya for the reveal...return of classic Sonya with classic Sonya gameplay. Kerri keeps hinting at something but that would sell me on Sonya so quick.
I always thought that since there were so many issues with the original actors and the MK team, that they’d never make an official appearance back in any of the games. That said, I realize that Pesina was the main man leading that charge (and is still adamant about it to this day), but it always felt like it just was one of those things where one bad apples spoils the barrel. And I am not at all calling Daniel a bad apple, he’s a great person and he’s honestly always one of the first people to wish me happy birthday every year (along with pretty much all of his friends. People don’t realize how something so simple as wishing some a happy bday can have a large impact on someone). But there’s just a lot of turmoil with him and possibly some of the other actors, and the MK team due to old bad blood and legal stuff.

All that said, again, that doesn’t necessarily mean that any of the other actors are on the same boat. That’s just how it has always felt to me. But I guess we’ll see!

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Over four years since the last NRS game, and STILL no gameplay. :mad: Been WEEKS since that CGI trailer, and the NOTHING since.

haketh

Noob
I always thought that since there were so many issues with the original actors and the MK team, that they’d never make an official appearance back in any of the games. That said, I realize that Pesina was the main man leading that charge (and is still adamant about it to this day), but it always felt like it just was one of those things where one bad apples spoils the barrel. And I am not at all calling Daniel a bad apple, he’s a great person and he’s honestly always one of the first people to wish me happy birthday every year (along with pretty much all of his friends. People don’t realize how something so simple as wishing some a happy bday can have a large impact on someone). But there’s just a lot of turmoil with him and possibly some of the other actors, and the MK team due to old bad blood and legal stuff.

All that said, again, that doesn’t necessarily mean that any of the other actors are on the same boat. That’s just how it has always felt to me. But I guess we’ll see!
Yeah the shit with Pesina is complicated but I think other than Lui Kang’s actor, all the other OG ones are on great terms with Boon & NRS

Kokoko

Somehow
Over four years since the last NRS game, and STILL no gameplay. :mad: Been WEEKS since that CGI trailer, and the NOTHING since.
I don't know how serious this post is. But the pause between CGI and gameplay for MK 11 was 41 days. And now people complaining about 22 days like MK11 never happened. Y'all need to chill.

When gameplay?
In 6 hours and 45 minutes from now. 11am PT / 2pm PT / 9pm CEST. But it's time for the start of the show. When exactly on the show the gameplay will be shown, at the beginning or at the end, no one knows

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah the shit with Pesina is complicated but I think other than Lui Kang’s actor, all the other OG ones are on great terms with Boon & NRS
Yeah, It’s an unfortunate situation but if what you’re saying is true and it at least hasn’t effected the other actor’s relationships with boon and the team, then that’s great news!

Amirluc

Kaballin'
Personally I hate grinding for skins in fighting games because my end goal in a FG isn't an unlock, its just playing and enjoying matches. And I enjoy matches more when I have a dope skin applied to my character.
So would you prefer it was like mk9? Each character has one skin that can be unlocked with beating the ladder with them
Or mkx, the krypt has the skins/certain requirements for other skins and the more popular characters have up to 7 skins
Or mk11 every character has a thousand skins that vary in how they are obtained

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kai would need a Tremor style redesign... as he is basically a lame version of Kano
You mean Jarek.

Kai is a lame version of Liu Kang.
I never wanted him to be posterboy. Let him sneak in the background and be respected by true OG fans. As cunning and
devious as he is supposed to be.

But at the same time, I need him finally in a base roster at least once in a modern lifetime.

And really - why you need to juggle your ninjas if you can have all of them? They are all different, represents various styles and are not palette swaps anymore.
in the CGI trailer they were back to being palette swaps, not that i hate it, but that's a little classic nod there