What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

Skybox

Noob
The kit was fine. I don't care about ice clone either. I just couldn't get into him. There was just something about him that didn't click with me. I ended up playing Baraka instead and I fucking loved Baraka even with his stubby ass d3
Beating people With Baraka was the most fun I had in 11, especially after they laugh in the mic or send a message saying trash pick:laughing::laughing:

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Beating people With Baraka was the most fun I had in 11, especially after they laugh in the mic or send a message saying trash pick:laughing::laughing:
He was so much fun. He didn't have a lot of tools and he had string gaps but he went through the entirety of mk11s life and barely got touched in the patches. Majority of what changed him was sweeping general changes that hit everyone.

After they put a KB and an armor break on his blade charge... Man it made rocking Gutted and Blade charge hilarious.

Skybox

Noob
Not looking to knock these sorts of players or single player content in fighters, and I don't think Juggs is either. A key thing here is the difference between being able to unlock content in single player modes and being forced to unlock content in single player modes. Having stuff available through only one avenue is frustrating and alienating to a portion of the playerbase. Kombat League was likely a slap in the face for MK11 players who couldn't play PvP to save their lives; and the other 90-95%+ customization content being locked behind Towers of Time, the story, the krypt, head collecting in the krypt, and AI battles was absolutely a slap in the face to players like me who were in the lab or in online 99.99% of the time.

In short, don't gatekeep unlockables by pigeonholing their requirements to singular modes. Shit sucks.
This exactly!!

It pisses me off, when the best skins IN THE GAME are for the top 100 or whatever, and 99% WILL NEVER GET THERE BC WE ARE SUPER BUSY!!!

Imo the ONLY exclusive unlockables should be from the STORY modes and Krypt

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
You should be able to buy skins you want if you don't have the time to put in.
Why, though? What's wrong with a company requiring you to earn it instead of just buy it?

The $109.95AUD price tag, some may argue.
I get that argument, but at the same time I think it's reasonable to say the price paid gets you the game and the opportunity to earn the skin, it doesn't need to entitle you the skin. In the same way that a game like Dark Souls is designed knowing that plenty of people will buy the game and never be able to complete it.

Also, just to be clear, I don't really have a side in this fight, I see both sides of the issue. In general I don't care about skins, so for me the issue is moot. I just like to distract myself with arguing with people online.

Skybox

Noob
Why, though? What's wrong with a company requiring you to earn it instead of just buy it?

I get that argument, but at the same time I think it's reasonable to say the price paid gets you the game and the opportunity to earn the skin, it doesn't need to entitle you the skin. In the same way that a game like Dark Souls is designed knowing that plenty of people will buy the game and never be able to complete it.

Also, just to be clear, I don't really have a side in this fight, I see both sides of the issue. In general I don't care about skins, so for me the issue is moot. I just like to distract myself with arguing with people online.
Any distraction is a good distraction!
These 75 minutes will feel like 24 hours otherwise:(

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
It might be a loss of profit. I'd like to buy skins I couldnt earn for some random reason (tower of time was up only at 11pm on a friday morning, for example). I'd also like to be able to earn it without paying anything.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Thats just not what I play FGs for anymore. When I was a kid, yeah it was cool to unlock things, but I don't have kid time anymore lol. I got shit to do and when I find time to sit down and play a FG, I just wanna fight and look good.

I was beyond annoyed last week when I bought the ultimate edition of SF6, and found out they still wanted me to grind out World Tour mode to unlock classic costumes. I just bought those mfs outright from the store instead.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Curious, who's your first 2?
Hell, I'll give you my top eight.

1. Havik
  2. Noob Saibot
  3. Baraka
  4. Sektor
  5. Quan Chi
  6. Shinnok
  7. Reptile
  8. Sub-Zero
Everyone else I love equally more or less, though I always seem to have a soft spot for characters who've been away for a while.

The only character I hate is Mokap.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This exactly!!

It pisses me off, when the best skins IN THE GAME are for the top 100 or whatever, and 99% WILL NEVER GET THERE BC WE ARE SUPER BUSY!!!

Imo the ONLY exclusive unlockables should be from the STORY modes and Krypt
Idk why people like the Krypt. Even in MK11 it was such a gimmicky mess and just as boring as the Towers. ¯\(ツ)

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
my body is ready. I have my cuba libre with me & a pack of snacks. I feel like I'm quite well prepared to this epic moment.

wondering if I should grab some tissues too :DOGE