What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
That was a grind. But it wasn't bad using an AI battle bot to farm it, and you go kind of pick certain towers, put them on easy, and keep grinding the same characters if you gamed the system right.
That is my big issue right there. I shouldn't need to make an ai play the game for me when I paid money for it, just to ease up on the mental toll physically grinding it takes.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
That is my big issue right there. I shouldn't need to make an ai play the game for me when I paid money for it, just to ease up on the mental toll physically grinding it takes.
I totally forgot MK11 had AI battles and allowing the AI to play for you. Having sat in ranked or the lab 99% of the time, I never really thought about just how strange a lot of the single player content was in the game.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I totally forgot MK11 had AI battles and allowing the AI to play for you. Having sat in ranked or the lab 99% of the time, I never really thought about just how strange a lot of the single player content was in the game.
There were skins that were directly locked behind it too. Random unlocks too, so you had to sit and watch the AI fight for god knows how long so you could get the skin you wanted

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
so Boon said that SOME from MK4 will return.

Staples like: Liu, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, JC, Reptile, Sonya & Jax are out of question
Reiko is a safe bet. Same as Quan Chi
Tanya & Fujin are 50/50. I'd love to get them both, but I guess Tanya has slightly more chances
Shinnok - I think not this time
Now on Kai & Jarek - as much as I want Kai (Nepalese version) to return, he is a no for me. Both him and Jarek can eventually be kameos, but nothing more. Of course Kai is still more probable, as he is not technically a "clone" and can be revamped into some capoeira/rasta/monk-ish character.

Ofc I'm not counting Meat, Noob & Goro. They did not appear on the select screen so we are not talking about them here.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Kai, Jerrek and Reiko are the only MK4 characters that are not staples or been featured in MK9-MK11... so imo, it is probable that this hint is one of them.. otherwise why link MK4 at all?

Personally I want Tanya and Quan Chi and Reptile over those three.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Reptile is more than certain. I cannot imagine him sitting 2 games in a row.

And personally, I think that we will see ALL the ninjas this time in the roster. The one I'm most worried about is Noob, due to two things:

1. we don't really know if it's Bi-Han or Kuai Liang in the cinematic trailer. But that will be most likely clarified tomorrow.
  2. he was in main roster previously and NRS likes to 'rotate' ninjas (which is pointless and only causes grief and anger of disappointed fans)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Kai would need a Tremor style redesign... as he is basically a lame version of Kano

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Kai was never intended to be Liu Kang. I'm considering him more as a new side-kick while Kung Lao sat MK4 out (before his return in MK:G).

I see some cool possibilities for redesigning Kai but NOT MK:A like. I'd prefer NRS to stick to Asian/Nepalese archetype and creating him as super-durable, high-altitude monk. But it will be probably easier for them to revamp into Rasta/Capoeira/Nubian fighter - which still can work in my book.

There is also potential in Jarek, just as it in ANY previous MK character including fkn Mokap.

The wait hurts my ass. Preorders are still locked in Turkey,though. As for MK4 chars, I think all of them are in but half of them are cameos.

Reptile is more than certain. I cannot imagine him sitting 2 games in a row.

And personally, I think that we will see ALL the ninjas this time in the roster. The one I'm most worried about is Noob, due to two things:

1. we don't really know if it's Bi-Han or Kuai Liang in the cinematic trailer. But that will be most likely clarified tomorrow.
  2. he was in main roster previously and NRS likes to 'rotate' ninjas (which is pointless and only causes grief and anger of disappointed fans)
It’s not pointless all the ninjas don’t need to be in every game just cause you’d like them to

rain will never be a mainstay like scorpion nor does he need to be

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Imagine getting your favorite character but they are shit gameplay wise. Pretty much what happened in Mk11 woth Liu for me
Exactly why I didnt mind that much when Reptile was absent from MK11. I simply disliked how the game itself played, in contrast with MKX, which I loved to death.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
It’s not pointless all the ninjas don’t need to be in every game just cause you’d like them to

rain will never be a mainstay like scorpion nor does he need to be
I never wanted him to be posterboy. Let him sneak in the background and be respected by true OG fans. As cunning and
devious as he is supposed to be.

But at the same time, I need him finally in a base roster at least once in a modern lifetime.

And really - why you need to juggle your ninjas if you can have all of them? They are all different, represents various styles and are not palette swaps anymore.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I never wanted him to be posterboy. Let him sneak in the background and be respected by true OG fans. As cunning and

But at the same time, I need him finally in a base roster at least once in a modern lifetime.

And really - why you need to juggle your ninjas if you can have all of them? They are all different, represents various styles and are not palette swaps anymore.
Too many character slots, plus nrs desire to be rid of the 'ninja fighter' stigma.

No I won’t let him do that I’ll let him be rotated like he should
And because the ninjas aren’t all staples, pretty simple.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I agree, I hope the game gets more solo player content. Forcing all players to play online is whack. I hope they drop the AI fighting mode from MK11. That has to be one of the dumbest game modes they’ve added.
As far as SP content is concerned, this is what I’d want:

-The main SP staples, aka a Story Mode, Training Mode, and offline player matches
-A comprehensive tutorial mode that goes over all the basics, the new features & mechanics, but also does low to mid to high level tutorials. Like explaining what fundamentals are and using the terminology like spacing, footsies, anti airs, meaty’s, OTG’s, resets, neutral, zoning, even mind games etc etc etc.
-A tutorial mode for each character kinda like MK11 (I’m pretty sure MK11 had that right?)
-Combo Trials for each character
-A lot of character customization like they had in MK11 but far better, with more options, and not forcing you to grind pointless SP content in order to obtain all the good gear and outfits/uniforms/costumes. This includes adding color options to each gear or at least an overall color option for each character

And that’s pretty much it. Personally, I hope they get rid of the towers and the krypt, or at least offer better alternatives. It’s not that I’m against more content, but I’m against pointless content that actually is a detriment. Having to grind pointless SP content in a fighting game for alt costumes/gear for characters is the most boring shit imaginable. But my main issue with it is also not having the option to grind for similar or different exclusive content in the MP modes (I realize they had some MP exclusive unlockable content, but it was nothing compared to the SP stuff). You should get stuff for completing the story, tutorial, combo trials, and then the rest of the stuff you can acquire should o
be via online Or microtransactions. I want them to actually incentivize players to try out the MP stuff. You’ll still be able to unlock stuff in SP modes as I said though.

There were skins that were directly locked behind it too. Random unlocks too, so you had to sit and watch the AI fight for god knows how long so you could get the skin you wanted
That changed though. Any Skin awarded via AI Battle could be unlocked as a random Tower of Time reward after they did their rebalancing.