What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

Yeah but why wait.. I mean it is not like I will not buy it... I have bought every game they have ever made in the MK series so far. I wanted in on the 1st shipment at my store, so ordered it as soon as it was available. The anti-preorder thing is ok in some instances... not in this case though. 1 day, 1 week, 1 months... what is the difference. It isn't like I not buying it. So I do not see any reason to wait.
I get that. That's 100% me - played the game since MK1 (the first 1), and bought every one since MK3. I'm getting it one way or another.

It's about saying people are being forced to pre-order with no info... when the only problem is that people can't wait a few extra days to get that info.

Big reason for me pre-ordering right away was the price.
Valid reason, but when things are limited edition, well that's the risk you take.

I'll play devil's advocate here and say I still think WB is being scummy because they're offering limited edition bundles before telling us what is even in the game...
My choices are: take a gamble and preorder now for at a huge pricetag, or just miss out on the whole thing since it will be sold out within the hour.
Fair call, but I think that is part of the "marketing". Those that really, really want it regardless will pay for it without knowing. If you're not one of those people then you take that risk. It is limited edition after all.

And as below...

You always have the power to cancel it. It doesn't ship for months
If WB don't like that people do that, well they can give out the info when they open the pre-order.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
the souind is on that video.. but check the time in the description... still nearly an hour away.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I really would like to know who is apart of their marketing and promotion team. And I would like to know what they talk about when they’re coming up with their promotional strategy, or what their strategy outlook and guidelines are. I REALLY feel like whoever is in charge or apart of it, are not only not people who play these games, but I’d be surprised if any of them were actually gamers.

The announcement trailer is awesome, but at the same time, they could’ve sprinkled in a tiny bit of gameplay. Even if it was like 5-10 seconds and it didn’t show any of the HUD’s or UI’s or anything. If they would’ve just given us SOMETHING to analyze and talk about until the official long form gameplay reveal, that would’ve been so much better. And to clarify, this isn’t my only issue with their marketing strategy. I have a ton of issues with it and I have for years now. Just as much as I have an issue with their severe lack of communication and transparency. It’s just irritating because when it’s been this bad for this long, the only impression that I’m left with is that they simply do not care. ¯\(ツ)

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I really would like to know who is apart of their marketing and promotion team. And I would like to know what they talk about when they’re coming up with their promotional strategy, or what their strategy outlook and guidelines are. I REALLY feel like whoever is in charge or apart of it, are not only not people who play these games, but I’d be surprised if any of them were actually gamers.

The announcement trailer is awesome, but at the same time, they could’ve sprinkled in a tiny bit of gameplay. Even if it was like 5-10 seconds and it didn’t show any of the HUD’s or UI’s or anything. If they would’ve just given us SOMETHING to analyze and talk about until the official long form gameplay reveal, that would’ve been so much better. And to clarify, this isn’t my only issue with their marketing strategy. I have a ton of issues with it and I have for years now. Just as much as I have an issue with their severe lack of communication and transparency. It’s just irritating because when it’s been this bad for this long, the only impression that I’m left with is that they simply do not care. ¯\(ツ)
Well, if they sprinkled in bits of gameplay, then Geoff Keighley wouldn't be able to announce the Gameplay World Premier at his show. He very likely paid top dollar to be the first to show MK1 gameplay. You're obviously right that no one in marketing likely plays or cares about games. What's likely done is they simply auction off reveals to the highest bidder. There are probably over a dozen different outlets out there that have purchased reveals from WB, and Geoff happened to get one of the biggest.

If they would’ve just given us SOMETHING to analyze and talk about until the official long form gameplay reveal, that would’ve been so much better
True, but you can't say that it hasn't got people talking and waiting on the edge of their keyboards for the next bit of info.

No matter what, things will blow up once it gets released despite all the complaining over the past week and into the next.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Same time as the MK1 Gameplay so we may end up waiting even longer lol. I don't mk is gonna be the first game they showcase at the event. This also means the likelihood of a deep dive on gameplay after the trailer is slim. Probably have to wait another 3 weeks after the trailer for a KK with the dive lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Well, if they sprinkled in bits of gameplay, then Geoff Keighley wouldn't be able to announce the Gameplay World Premier at his show. He very likely paid top dollar to be the first to show MK1 gameplay. You're obviously right that no one in marketing likely plays or cares about games. What's likely done is they simply auction off reveals to the highest bidder. There are probably over a dozen different outlets out there that have purchased reveals from WB, and Geoff happened to get one of the biggest.
He could still do that. They could’ve done just a tiny bit like I said. But I get it, what you said makes a lot of sense. Just wish it wasn’t 2 more weeks away before we see gameplay, meanwhile we can already pre-order it lol

... and it didn't"blow my balls off"
I find most PlayStation and Xbox showcases these days rarely do. It's been a weird console generation.

I REALLY feel like whoever is in charge or apart of it, are not only not people who play these games, but I’d be surprised if any of them were actually gamers.
As someone who's dealt with marketing teams in both the gaming industry and TV production industry, odds are you're quite correct.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
For anyone who hasn't seen this...looks like we might be seeing Johnny June 8
This makes me think we might see gameplay for all the revealed characters in the trailer. Scorpion, sub, mileena, kitana, raiden, kung lao, shang, liu kang and a johnny reveal. Also some snippets of gameplay showing how the main roster can also be used as kameos, probably. Not expecting much if any reveals at all besides this.

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
This makes me think we might see gameplay for all the revealed characters in the trailer. Scorpion, sub, mileena, kitana, raiden, kung lao, shang, liu kang and a johnny reveal. Also some snippets of gameplay showing how the main roster can also be used as kameos, probably. Not expecting much if any reveals at all besides this.
This is what I always thought. There's like 8 of them already, plenty to show. Maybe throw in a Sonya vs Reptile in there to get a couple of obvious icons out of the way and surprise us :DOGE

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
This is what I always thought. There's like 8 of them already, plenty to show. Maybe throw in a Sonya vs Reptile in there to get a couple of obvious icons out of the way and surprise us :DOGE
I'd love to see Reptile as soon as possible, but I feel they are going to do a little suspense and make him a big reveal in a kombat kast since he missed the last game :(

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
On top of that they made a pretty mediocre Kollector's edition with that simple 3D printed statue. I would have atleast gone for a premium edition but that didn't include a steel book case and came with not too easy on the easy golden bozart.
Genuinely the steel book was the only hesitation that I had in choosing an edition. I went with premium though, because it turns out my soul can be bought and sold.