What's new

MK1 Gameplay World Premier - June 8TH [Summer Game Fest]

Amirluc

Kaballin'
Everytime they seem to get better with their marketing dates we are reminded that they didn't get any better...

I still remember that 3 month drought with no news from MKX whatsoever...

Wish they show at least something story related tomorrow but for now June 8th it is
Well they actually did get better lol
For mk11, the first trailer was December 6th and then the gameplay reveal was January 17th. That’s 6 weeks. This time it’s 3, so it’s definitely better than last time. So we’ve gone from 3 months with mkx to 6 weeks with mk11 to 3 weeks with mk1. Maybe mk13/2 will be 10 days :laughing:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Do you think that will mean there will not nothing in the playestation event tomorrow?

subzert

Frozen Soul
Do you think that will mean there will not nothing in the playestation event tomorrow?
Anything less than gameplay reveal will be too small for the PlayStation Showcase. They can reveal a CGI trailer for PlayStation exclusive character but that's less probable.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
You guys are insane. Reveal trailer and gameplay less than a month later? Please point me in the direction of which other major Fighting game, shit even video game in general, does that
It's a really weird situation all around. We're barely into the work week following the initial reveal and people are already frothing at the mouth for more. It's also the usual NRS weirdness of game reveals being so ridiculously close to release. Four months is bonkers to me, but they seem to manage it well.

All yall gotta hold your horses. The hype train is very likely to hit full speed immediately after that gameplay reveal. Let's look at MK11 as an example real quick.

Initial reveal: 2018 VGAs - December 6, 2018
Gameplay reveal: Community Event - January 17, 2019 (6 weeks)
Kabal trailer: February 5, 2019 (~3 weeks)
Jade trailer: February 14, 2019 (~1 week)
Johnny trailer: February 27, 2019 (~2 weeks)
Story trailer: March 6, 2019 (~1 week)

And on and on with additional trailers alongside kombat kasts and in-person reveal events, such as the infamous one that revealed Noob Saibot early. We're pretty blessed getting gameplay reveal in only 2 1/2 weeks from initial reveal. I'm sure the MK11 delay was intentional to allow people to prepare for the community reveal event, but that doesn't change the fact that the hype train is about to get rollin once that gameplay trailer is out.

Greedy WB games started pre-orders without so much as showing screenshots.
That quote is the exact reason why they do it, because some people have zero self control about throwing money at them despite no information.

Last I checked you don't get any bonus for ordering 2 seconds after pre-orders opened, or 2 days before the game is released.

Why NRS/WB is getting the flack for peoples inability to keep their wallet in their pants, despite not having the info out there that they want, is beyond me.

Here's a novel idea: wait until the info you want/need is out there and if they match your expectations THEN click that pre-order button!!

The hype train is very likely to hit full speed
People don't like trains around here... too slow. It needs to be a cataclysmic event with anything and everything thrown at us all at once... so then 5mins after that they can complain that there's a lack of info about the game and bad communication from NRS.

well, before August... if you want ot be in the console beta, you need to buy it before August.
That's still 2 freaking months that someone can sit on their wallet waiting for info before they need to pre-order to get any bonuses.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Yeah but why wait.. I mean it is not like I will not buy it... I have bought every game they have ever made in the MK series so far. I wanted in on the 1st shipment at my store, so ordered it as soon as it was available. The anti-preorder thing is ok in some instances... not in this case though. 1 day, 1 week, 1 months... what is the difference. It isn't like I not buying it. So I do not see any reason to wait.

Kokoko

Somehow
It sucks but makes sense at the same time. Keighley wrote that Boon joins him on the stage. I assume it won't just be a trailer, but Ed can give us more details about new mechanics and other things. During the Sony showcase, there would hardly be time to tell any details. It remains either an independent event or Summer Game Fest. Keighley's show will clearly have a larger audience to promote the game

And regarding the gap between the announcement and the gameplay. It's understandable that we can't wait, especially given kameo characters. But it's really not as big a break as other games. Even comparing with MK 11.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
That quote is the exact reason why they do it, because some people have zero self control about throwing money at them despite no information.

Last I checked you don't get any bonus for ordering 2 seconds after pre-orders opened, or 2 days before the game is released.

Why NRS/WB is getting the flack for peoples inability to keep their wallet in their pants, despite not having the info out there that they want, is beyond me.

Here's a novel idea: wait until the info you want/need is out there and if they match your expectations THEN click that pre-order button!!
I'll play devil's advocate here and say I still think WB is being scummy because they're offering limited edition bundles before telling us what is even in the game. I really want the Liu Kang statue as well as the big case and cards, but at the same time, I don't know what's in the kombat pack, what the gameplay is like, or even who is in the game. My choices are: take a gamble and preorder now for at a huge pricetag, or just miss out on the whole thing since it will be sold out within the hour.

I think THAT'S pretty scummy.

subzert

Frozen Soul

Big reason for me pre-ordering right away was the price. I am from a third world country, prices fluctuate. If i preorder it at say 4500/- bucks and the price increases later, I won't have to pay more but if price decreases then i get the difference amount back to me. Also the beta in August.

subzert

Frozen Soul
You guys are insane. Reveal trailer and gameplay less than a month later? Please point me in the direction of which other major Fighting game, shit even video game in general, does that
Injustice, MKX and Injustice 2 all had the CGI reveal followed about a week later by gameplay and guess what, none of them started preorders without showing gameplay. So there's no need to say that fans are being unreasonable here. Game is launching in 4months, they can drop modes and character trailers every other week all the way upto launch.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Injustice, MKX and Injustice 2 all had the CGI reveal followed about a week later by gameplay and guess what, none of them started preorders without showing gameplay. So there's no need to say that fans are being unreasonable here. Game is launching in 4months, they can drop modes and character trailers every other week all the way upto launch.
Injustice, MKX and Inj2 also all had marketing campaigns that lasted a year. MK1 is going to use 1/3 of that time. I don't see the issue with them dropping a pre-orders early. Someone people are going to buy the game regardless, the biggest edition, marketing be damned. Nothing at all forced you to pre-order the game before you see gameplay. The standard, the premium edition, they'll still be there.

subzert

Frozen Soul
Injustice, MKX and Inj2 also all had marketing campaigns that lasted a year. MK1 is going to use 1/3 of that time. I don't see the issue with them dropping a pre-orders early. Someone people are going to buy the game regardless, the biggest edition, marketing be damned. Nothing at all forced you to pre-order the game before you see gameplay. The standard, the premium edition, they'll still be there.
Relax dude, you don't have to get so defensive about WB