What's new

MK Scene Revitalization in New York: Featuring Mortal Kombat Trilogy!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
A spark has grown into a full-fledged storm of fire! In an attempt to satisfy their cravings for competitive Mortal Kombat, the Long Island scene in New York has begun an effort to revive a beloved classic title in the legendary MK franchise, known as Mortal Kombat Trilogy, a game that, until a few weeks ago, saw no trace of a spotlight in the USA competitive scene. Featuring names such as R.E.O., 9.95, Dark_Rob, and Insuperable, the scene is proud to bring you a weekly stream of competitive MKT for every Friday evening starting at 8 P.M. Eastern Time!

This ordeal was birthed within this thread - http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkt-stream-every-friday-8-00-11-00-pm-est-come-join-in-on-the-fun.40180/ - and it has only just begun! There has been consideration for plans to host Mortal Kombat Trilogy at any major tournaments where it's possible, and these guys are determined to make it happen! If you have a craving for the classic days of your favorite fighting game franchise, it would be in your best interests, and theirs, to tune in whenever you can and support the game!

Here is a glimpse at some intense MKT matches between 9.95 Phil and REO! Note that instead of the traditional one-versus-one competition, part of NY's efforts to revitalize the game include changing the common standard to three-versus-three battles. Imagine the endless possibilities that come with trios of various characters!

Spread the word to your fellow MK fans and be sure to follow http://www.twitch.tv/995phil to stay in touch!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

REO

Undead
Awesome post, Blake. :)

Let us know if there are any characters you guys would like to see us use more on stream.

To all NY and tri-state MK players, if any of you are interested in learning and playing MKT with us, please feel free to come get games with us. We are planning to find a new spot to bring a few MKT set-ups and play at. We're most likely going to head to RapZiLLa54 spot in Massapequa once he gets his weeklies going and play there if he's cool with it.

AC1984
CRAZY DOMINICAN
G4S Claude VonStroke
Maxter
CD jr
rev0lver
jamessmk
Insuperable
Shock
Hitoshura
G4S J360
pherleece
Dark_Rob
Scoot Magee

@And all other MK9 players I'm not remembering right now.

Last edited:

lsystem32l

Thank you guys for doing this! Ive always wanted to see MKT played at a high competitive level, plus this is pretty refreshing to see some MK again.

Reactions: REO

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
R.E.O. - I fixed a few of the tags in your post. ;)

Times like this, I wish I still had my old MK Trilogy disc for PS1. :( It isn't as good as the N64 version from what I see, but better than nothing.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
R.E.O. - I fixed a few of the tags in your post. ;)

Times like this, I wish I still had my old MK Trilogy disc for PS1. :( It isn't as good as the N64 version from what I see, but better than nothing.
There is a PC version of Mk Trilogy which is basically the PS1 version that you can get. I don't know how it runs with Windows 7/8/8.1 correctly but i will test it on my windows 8 if i can find my copy.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
There is a PC version of Mk Trilogy which is basically the PS1 version that you can get. I don't know how it runs with Windows 7/8/8.1 correctly but i will test it on my windows 8 if i can find my copy.
Considering that my integrated video card wouldn't allow for a lagless experience with MK9 on Steam, I doubt that's a viable option in my case.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Considering that my integrated video card wouldn't allow for a lagless experience with MK9 on Steam, I doubt that's a viable option in my case.
The game has low requirements because it came out yrs ago. When I find my copy i will send it to you via aim or something so you can test it and make sure it works. The requirements for this game (which i may be a bit off on the exact requirement's) was a 400mhz cpu and a 4-8 mb video card which all pc's have higher then for yrs now. I just don't know if it Trilogy will play nice with 64 bit windows even if i mess with the compatibility settings. I will get back to you I am going to find my version and test this.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
R.E.O. I'm down to learn, but it all depends when I'm available. Let me know when you guys get together. Not making any promises on playing. More than likely, I'll just end up watching you guys play.

Lok0xXxSn1per5

I'll Freeze Those Salty Tears!
If it wasnt for kara cancels And for shitty netcode on mk arcade kollection I would totally learn this game again.

REO

Undead
If it wasnt for kara cancels And for shitty netcode on mk arcade kollection I would totally learn this game again.
Umk3 and mkt are two completely different games though...i thought.
UMK3 and MKT are two completely different games indeed.

Block jabs are a LOT less effective in MKT. If you watch the above videos, you will notice there is more of a mobile / footsie game going on than the one dimensional assault of a linear jab fest that resides in UMK3.

9.95 and I will be making a video tutorial this Friday showcasing the major differences between both games and explaining the differences.

Last edited:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

Let us know if there are any characters you guys would like to see us use more on stream.

To all NY and tri-state MK players, if any of you are interested in learning and playing MKT with us, please feel free to come get games with us. We are planning to find a new spot to bring a few MKT set-ups and play at. We're most likely going to head to RapZiLLa54 spot in Massapequa once he gets his weeklies going and play there if he's cool with it.

AC1984
CRAZY DOMINICAN
G4S Claude VonStroke
Maxter
CD jr
rev0lver
jamessmk
Insuperable
Shock
Hitoshura
G4S J360
pherleece
Dark_Rob

@And any other MK9 players I can't remember right now.
Play Noob Saibot.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash

AC1984
CRAZY DOMINICAN
G4S Claude VonStroke
Maxter
CD jr
rev0lver
jamessmk
Insuperable
Shock
Hitoshura
G4S J360
pherleece
Dark_Rob
Scoot Magee

@And all other MK9 players I'm not remembering right now.
I'll play anything people are playing most of the time. I'm down for some MKT. What version is played, N64 or PS1? From the look of some videos in this thread it looks like the N64 version.

REO

Undead
I'll play anything people are playing most of the time. I'm down for some MKT. What version is played, N64 or PS1? From the look of some videos in this thread it looks like the N64 version.
Awesome!

We play on N64 because it's the best version for gameplay and has exclusive 3 on 3 kombat. The PS1 version is too similar to UMK3 with it's gameplay, and it's a lot slower.

REO

Undead
R.E.O. I get that I do but how do I stay competitive with no online mode on MKT?
I heard there's a way to play MKT online via Mame / Kaillera but I never really tried it so I can't comment on how good it is.

Where do you live? With enough interest in your area, you may be able to get some locals going. That would be your best bet to enjoy the game.