What's new

MK Scene Revitalization in New York: Featuring Mortal Kombat Trilogy!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
No.

The only character that you could make a case for being ban worthy is Noob Saibot, but he has his small shares of 5-5s so I don't know.
Yeah back when I played on the PS1 I mained Noob and Rain without realizing how broken at least Noob was so I am a confirmed scumbag

REO

Undead
Does the HP glitch not work in this game?

I remember loving UMK3 and MK2 online until people started using that. It ruined the game.
If by HP glitch you mean simultaneously spamming jabs while being able to block, yes they do work. HOWEVER, it is WAYYYYYYYYY less effective in MKT.

9.95 and I will be making a video this Friday showing why "block jabs" are not that effective in this game. Make sure to check out out!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
baraka is awesome fun in MKT :) dat spin
id love to play a version of mk2 where he'd have that move lol if only

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
N64 MKT is by far the best NRS game, without a doubt. One of the fastest MK games ever, high execution with a lot of technical skill, insanely competitive and fast paced, and generally just fun as shit to play and watch at almost any level. There's also every classic playable MK character, and nearly every single one of them can compete. This game deserves a resurgence, it's the dark horse that this community needs!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Found my old N64 with everything I need. Got my controller, the hookups, everything.... everything BUT MKT! Dammit, can't find it anywhere, might have to buy another one from eBay or something. Unless someone here has one I can buy or borrow, lol.

Awesome post, Blake. :)

Let us know if there are any characters you guys would like to see us use more on stream.
I would like to see more of the characters not featured in UMK3. In addition to that, Cyrax. I want to see how effective his mind games would be in Trilogy.

Reactions: REO

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
No.

The only character that you could make a case for being ban worthy is Noob Saibot, but he has his small shares of 5-5s so I don't know.
I've been watching you guys play and you aren't doing Noob's insanely easy infinite... every time he is able to land the teleport grab, it's walk forward into lp, lp, lp~teleport or if you are in the corner do the shadow cancel into jk into lp~teleport repeat. It is 100x easier on N64 than it is on PS1. This and more is what makes Noob stupid broken and banned.

Found my old N64 with everything I need. Got my controller, the hookups, everything.... everything BUT MKT! Dammit, can't find it anywhere, might have to buy another one from eBay or something. Unless someone here has one I can buy or borrow, lol.
So you got rid of it when you had it before? Traitor!! I still have mine in the box lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So you got rid of it when you had it before? Traitor!! I still have mine in the box lol
No, I took it out awhile ago around Christmas time to play Mario Party with my family. I don't know where I put MKT and can't find it anywhere!

REO

Undead
I've been watching you guys play and you aren't doing Noob's insanely easy infinite... every time he is able to land the teleport grab, it's walk forward into lp, lp, lp~teleport or if you are in the corner do the shadow cancel into jk into lp~teleport repeat. It is 100x easier on N64 than it is on PS1. This and more is what makes Noob stupid broken and banned.

Yeah, I'm aware of how to do his infinite and how effective it is. :p He still has his 5-5 match-ups, though. He is not this unbeatable god tier character that he has been made out to be. You can contest Noob Saibot with other characters.

Noob
Yeah, I'm aware of how to do his infinite and how effective it is. :p He still has his 5-5 match-ups, though. He is not this unbeatable god tier character that he has been made out to be. You can contest Noob Saibot with other characters.

REO and I were talking about this just earlier and discussing whether the infinites should be banned. In S. America they ban the lp corner infinite and relaunch infinites, as well as the d.HK corner infinite and NW's corner HK inf. If these were ALLOWED, suddenly ANY character with a spear, net, freeze, etc. become a MAJOR problem for Noob because they can corner lp inf. him, and any char. specific infinite can compete with him, and any character with a corner throw into d.HK inf. can compete with him.

So at the bare minimum, these characters can compete with him with their ability to use (one of) the infs listed
Raiden - cornered throw into d.HK inf
Rain - Char Specific inf. plus rainball in corner to d.hk inf
Cyrax - Net in to corner LP inf
Scorpion - spear into corner LP inf
H.Smoke - spear into corner LP inf
Reptile - Char specific inf.
Sheeva - cornered throw into d.HK inf
Kung Lao - corner to corner carry inf
R.Smoke - spear into corner LP inf
Sindel - scream into corner LP inf
Sub-Zero - freeze into corner LP inf
Stryker - Char specific inf.
Kitana - lift in corner into d.HK inf

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Watching the streamed matches from Phil's stream, excellent gameplay guys! Hopefully this MKT trend catches on and more people start playing! R.E.O. 9.95

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
at the bare minimum, these characters can compete with him with their ability to use (one of) the infs listed
There may be characters that can compete, but please do not allow Noob to be used in tournament. There would be so many OCV's!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I will definitely try to make it out whenever I can. N64 MKT would be sort of like learning a new game for me but I think I can handle it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Any time Noob touches you with a special, or a combo, it's game over. I say let the people feel the power. Revo Egam.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
AK GamerBlake I am still searching for that dam disc. I even went looking for the back up. I found an old cracked MK3 for DOS LoL. I might just grab it from some site and test it i will get back to you asap. Sorry for late update I been busy with this shitty new yr :(.

Noob
I can't wait to watch this and maybe learn it. 9.95 I hope this will move to blu planet permanently after the 24th :)
While I love streaming from my house, interest is growing and so is the amount of players, and will soon outgrow my mancave and living room, LOL.

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
Why wouldn't Saibot be banned? And how does he have 5-5 matches? He's unstoppable objectively, it's only the user who fucks up if they lose with him.