What's new

General/Other - Mileena Mileena's True Tier Placement

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think the overall point @PND_Ketchup is, and has been, trying to make is that pre-XL Mileena was generally considered trash when she wasn't. She was not top tier pre-XL, but she was not as bad as everyone kept saying she was.

In that respect, I agree. I do think the A+ Tier placement they gave her before New Years was a bit high, but I get overall what they were going on about.
That's a lie. Nobody ever said she was trash AT ALL! A lot of us considered her to be low tier, but never bad by any means, we all agreed that the only thing she needed were some fixes and a faster poke to be 100% a well-rounded character. Non-Mileena players used to think she was bad but people who knew the character never said that.
People need to understand that there has to be a bottom 10/5, that doesn't mean the characters in ut have to be bad in every case.

That's a lie. Nobody ever said she was trash AT ALL! A lot of us considered her to be low tier, but never bad by any means, we all agreed that the only thing she needed were some fixes and a faster poke to be 100% a well-rounded character. Non-Mileena players used to think she was bad but people who knew the character never said that.
People need to understand that there has to be a bottom 10/5, that doesn't mean the characters in ut have to be bad in every case.
I never lie. Ever.

You said it yourself, "... people who knew the character never said that." and that's correct. But many, many more people did not know the character, and the majority of people _in general_ thought Mileena was trash. That's in general who Ketchup and co. were making their statements to late last year: the masses, not the smaller Mileena community.

I, like you, did not consider her trash, but of course I knew she wasn't top tier.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I never lie. Ever.

You said it yourself, "... people who knew the character never said that." and that's correct. But many, many more people did not know the character, and the majority of people _in general_ thought Mileena was trash. That's in general who Ketchup and co. were making their statements to late last year: the masses, not the smaller Mileena community.

I, like you, did not consider her trash, but of course I knew she wasn't top tier.
Well, I'm sure his post was towards the Mileena community. They called us downplayers even tho no one ever said she was bad at all and we brought valid points as well, but hey, they are top players so they are always right.

Well, I'm sure his post was towards the Mileena community. They called us downplayers even tho no one ever said she was bad at all and we brought valid points as well, but hey, they are top players so they are always right.
We all know top players are not always right. In the case of Ketchup saying that Mileena pre-XL was better than she was _overall_ given credit for, I'd have to agree with him.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
We all know top players are not always right. In the case of Ketchup saying that Mileena pre-XL was better than she was _overall_ given credit for, I'd have to agree with him.
Of course ai know they don't. Most of them and sheeps act like they do tho.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Her pokes are so short ranged you use them in a street fighter sort of fashion opposed to expecting them to reach the opponent.
She'd have nothing to respect from mid range because she doesnt have anything that reaches.
I've been playing her almost exclusively for a week and change now and this is by far the one biggest problem I've run into. Characters with a superior midscreen game like Alien or Kotal would fuck my day up like someone shut off the gravity if B1 was made into a high. It isn't ALL she has, but altering it like that would make every other aspect of her weaker by default.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
This is something that just hit me. If Mileena was good before
I've been playing her almost exclusively for a week and change now and this is by far the one biggest problem I've run into. Characters with a superior midscreen game like Alien or Kotal would fuck my day up like someone shut off the gravity if B1 was made into a high. It isn't ALL she has, but altering it like that would make every other aspect of her weaker by default.
Welcome to the Mileena family but boy if you don't turn that yellow font off there is gonna be some serious furniture moving going on around this bih! Myspace 2006 type ish :)

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It could be nice if b12 had more whiff recovery, and standing sai had more recovery.

Her standing sai is really stupid now and didn't need the buff it received.

I think the overall point @PND_Ketchup is, and has been, trying to make is that pre-XL Mileena was generally considered trash when she wasn't. She was not top tier pre-XL, but she was not as bad as everyone kept saying she was.

In that respect, I agree. I do think the A+ Tier placement they gave her before New Years was a bit high, but I get overall what they were going on about.
No disrespect, but, this still makes no sense to me. Some thought she was A+ tier, some thought she was "bottom 5". And so now that we have, basically, a brand new game, how does this prove either side was any closer to being right? This entire back-and-forth argument is pointless, aside from wanting to be seen as right for the sake of it.

Tier placement is relative to the cast around the character as well as individual tools. That's why you can still be decent while being "low tier". Even if she never got any buffs, if everyone above her got nerfed, she'd still move up some.

I don't see Mileena in FR top 8..... she must be pretty ridiculous and totally over buffed.
For the record, I also disagree with this mindset. The results of one tournament should never be the basis for tier discussion. No matter how "stacked".

Last edited:
No disrespect, but, this still makes no sense to me. Some thought she was A+ tier, some thought she was "bottom 5". And so now that we have, basically, a brand new game, how does this prove either side was any closer to being right? This entire back-and-forth argument is pointless, aside from wanting to be seen as right for the sake of it.
No disrespect taken.

I think the overall point he was trying to make is that with the final version of Mortal Kombat X, Mileena was not trash. I personally disagree with their A+ placement at the time, but as you recall many were freaking out and declaring she was B tier, she never placed well in majors, and was clearly low tier. People were really ripping on Ketchup and the others for putting her in A+, some quite harshly and in a very, very petty fashion.

Now, with Mortal Kombat XL, he's commenting how some of the very points people are claiming she's been overbuffed with were, to a degree, accessible to the character back then.

TL,DR

Mileena might be the best she's ever been in the game now, but she was never as bad as what was popularly believed.

I honestly don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand, and why everyone has to make such a big deal out of it, but here we are.

No disrespect taken.

I think the overall point he was trying to make is that with the final version of Mortal Kombat X, Mileena was not trash. I personally disagree with their A+ placement at the time, but as you recall many were freaking out and declaring she was B tier, she never placed well in majors, and was clearly low tier. People were really ripping on Ketchup and the others for putting her in A+, some quite harshly and in a very, very petty fashion.

Now, with Mortal Kombat XL, he's commenting how some of the very points people are claiming she's been overbuffed with were, to a degree, accessible to the character back then.

TL,DR

Mileena might be the best she's ever been in the game now, but she was never as bad as what was popularly believed.

I honestly don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand, and why everyone has to make such a big deal out of it, but here we are.
Then I guess the issue should've been taken up with those casual/misinformed players that never mained Mileena, and not the whole of us in this forum. Even if we disagreed with him, or Foxy, or Glue, I don't think any of the actual Mileena mains flamed them to be petty. That being said, the timing and placement of Ketchup's response here also seemed to come across as petty.

At any rate, none of it even really matters. Just like it doesn't matter if Saltface says she's the new #1 or not. Bottom line is she's strong now. We all should enjoy it while it lasts.

Scheuerbuerste

"You will die, sister!"
Then I guess the issue should've been taken up with those casual/misinformed players that never mained Mileena, and not the whole of us in this forum. Even if we disagreed with him, or Foxy, or Glue, I don't think any of the actual Mileena mains flamed them to be petty. That being said, the timing and placement of Ketchup's response here also seemed to come across as petty.

At any rate, none of it even really matters. Just like it doesn't matter if Saltface says she's the new #1 or not. Bottom line is she's strong now. We all should enjoy it while it lasts.
Well said, confirm that and I have nothing to add.

Greetings.

I totally did. I don't represent the mileena community as a whole but I went out of my way several times to tell people exactly why I thought she sucked.

Tier placement is relative to the cast around the character as well as individual tools. That's why you can still be decent while being "low tier". Even if she never got any buffs, if everyone above her got nerfed, she'd still move up some.

For the record, I also disagree with this mindset. The results of one tournament should never be the basis for tier discussion. No matter how "stacked".
agree. I would like to say though as a prediction of things to come, if Sonic Fox wins an MK tournament with Mileena, that's also not really indicative of the character's tier placement. Dude's winning everything anyway.

Theflyingrocky

Kneel Before Grodd
The way I see it mileena is the true number 1. I don't see any bad match ups for her at all. I don't get how gm sub gives her trouble after watching Brady's sub get crushed tons of times I don't see how sub mileena MU is anything better than a 2-8 because mileena has tons of counters to clone and can't get comboed in corner due to her hit box.
I also think she could give tarkatan trouble as all she needs to do is zone him out and alien would have no chance getting in. The jump in 4 could probably be countered by roll or low Sai and crawl gets blown up by low Sai leaving tarkatan alien no real ways in. Acidic is a different story.

Bottom line she has tools to counter any situation she would be in. She's incredible and I don't see why this is really a debate

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The way I see it mileena is the true number 1. I don't see any bad match ups for her at all. I don't get how gm sub gives her trouble after watching Brady's sub get crushed tons of times I don't see how sub mileena MU is anything better than a 2-8 because mileena has tons of counters to clone and can't get comboed in corner due to her hit box.
I also think she could give tarkatan trouble as all she needs to do is zone him out and alien would have no chance getting in. The jump in 4 could probably be countered by roll or low Sai and crawl gets blown up by low Sai leaving tarkatan alien no real ways in. Acidic is a different story.

Bottom line she has tools to counter any situation she would be in. She's incredible and I don't see why this is really a debate
I honestly dont believe the Sub Mileena match is as bad as Brady makes it look.
Her can hurt her in the corner, but Brady wants to do Brady things, he's too stubborn. Either sacrifice the F12 knockdown or sacrifice some damage.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion

there is no way in hell mileena 8-2s grandmaster.

Alright man, I'm not going to argue with you. People will find conflict if they're looking for it, and look for slights even if they're not there. Keep fighting your good fight.