What's new

MILEENA

before i even start let me set up a key here for my buddy AC or any other umk3 player.
1 = FP
2 = RP
3 = FK
4 = RK

first i want to say that mileena is more of a ranged fighter then an in close fighter. do not be fooled into thinking her 3 3 3 3 3 etc will stay in this game.

with that being said lets begin...

1. in close you have u4 that is an over head then b3 or b3b4 for lows.

2. off a jump in punch on block you can mix up with b3/u4 or throw and the opponent must guess. if the jump in punch hit the u4 is still a guaranteed link as is b3.

3. do not use b3b4 much because on block you are at extreme disadvantage and even on hit the opponent will roll away for free.

4. when in close you can b3 to get the adv but do not i repeat DO NOT try to use that adv for a throw/b3/u4 mix up situation. why not you ask? because 1 option will beat that mix up. after b3 hits if you try to do another b3 or u4 or throw and the opponent does a NJ2 it will beat all 3 of your options even if you walk up slightly. so after b3 hits if i stand in place or walk in a little and try to follow up my adv with a b3/u4/throw mix up the opponent can just NJ2 and beat all my options and launch me. now, after b3 you could throw out a roll or ff3 to stop NJ2 but if the opponent blocks then you die. instead, follow up b3 with instant air sai. on block its safe and if the opponent does NJ2 you will hit them and then can combo with a roll and get a juggle. if they block the sai and dont NJ2 then you get chip and the match is back at neutral. when the opponent respects the option of instant air sai THEN you can follow up your advantage after b3 hits with a b3/u4/throw mix up.

5. mileena is mainly a ranged fighter. she is at her best when she is zoning from range and using ff3 or her roll to punish when you try to get around her zoning. from range abuse ground and air sai especially instant air sai. when instant air sai AAs from closer ranges you get a free roll into a juggle.

6. her roll is the best and most effective wake up move in the demo. for the most part, wake up moves suck in the demo but mileenas roll is the exception.

7. ex roll starts over head but i dont advise using it as such because you already have a safe over head in u4. ex roll is mainly used as a link off of normals. by starting a combo with a ex roll link in from a normal you can extend your combo with a normal roll. if you start a combo with a normal roll you wont be able to use an ex roll to continue the combo because it will not hit right on an already juggled opponent. an example would be a combo starting with 34. i can 34~ex roll then jumpkick~air sai, then dash and do a normal roll to continue the juggle. if i started the combo with a normal roll then i would not be able to use the ex roll to extend the combo and you cannot extend a combo with a normal roll if you already started that combo with a normal roll.

8. mileena's one real down side is that her sweep sucks. most sweeps can AA anything except for a deep jump kick but mileenas sweep will actually lose to higher hit level jump kicks as well as a deep jump kick.

bread and butter combos..

1. jump kick~bf1,bd4,4~ff3~ex bf1 - 31%

2. u4, jump kick~bf1, roll, 4~ff3~ex bf1 - 37%

3. 23~ex bd4,u4,34~bd4,4~ff3~ex bf1 - 40%

AC1984

Kaballin!
Thanks a lot man....I'm starting to like this game a lot minus some minor stuff that are just personal preference.

P.S. Bill, why cant you uppercut a crossover Jk like in the classic games and how would you deal with crossover JKs..I do it but it works only from time to time.

P.S. 2 I have abs. no idea how you guys manage to do a dash after air sai.....

Also Tom, whats the deal with the double U4...Is ok and do you think they would leave it in the final build.As for now any combo I try with it I do it twice since it adds more damage. Do you think that 42 is good anti-air and what are some combo suggestions for that?

Thanks a lot one more time

AC1984

Kaballin!
Sorry one more thing...I find that the chain F+3, F+1+2 works best for me to connect to X-ray when oponent is in air...what would you suggest here as well.I dont know shit about whats going on but it seems to me that her Xray might be more effective while oponent is off the gound(just landing).

mileenas best AA is 4~ex bd4. her 4 works like scorps 3 where it wont AA a close high jump kick that hits her head. she will need instant air sai or uppercut for that.

Pistol

Noob
First off, nice post Tom. Much appreciated.

3. do not use b3b4 much because on block you are at extreme disadvantage and even on hit the opponent will roll away for free.
How about a free dash on hit? If they wakeup neutral, it'll cross them up if you do it right. It seems like it almost cancels some recovery frames. Idk, maybe I'm off kilter. Play with it, and tell me I'm wrong.

2. u4,jump kick~bf1,bd4,4~ff3~ex bf1 - 37%
That looks good with the jump kick and everything, but my bnb off u4 w/ one bar is

u4,u4,3,4~ff3~ex bf1,bd4,d2-42%

It's easier, lol.

i think i will use mileena i am loving her xray the fact that it comes out really fast and is not interrupted after she gets hit like subzero does make it really usefull she can even go throw sub's clone.

Pistol

Noob
I'm saying dash crosses them up, or keeps you on them if they roll back. You were saying you lose pressure, unless I misinterpreted.

they can roll back and wake up attack mileenas slow normals after b3b4. just do b3 then check them with IAS(instant air sai). once they respect that THEN come in to mix up after b3.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mileena definitely seems like a a great turtle/range character, her sais can be spammed one after the other and in the air with ease. Other then that I personally suck with her lol. I finally got my hands on the demo last night over my friends place for the entire night, great game MK9 is I think. I can only imagine how good it will be once the game is actually done. :)

Her enhanced teleport kicks are so fast, but easily punishable if blocked. Her roll also comes out lightning quick.

his is not a real infinite. you can escape it by holding any direction and block. hold back + block and you can block, neutral block and its free. its a block glitch not an infinite.

Pistol

Noob
Looks like a glitch.

Mileena is frozen for a second after her throw.

Scorp gets a free x-ray, or teleport. Mileena gets a ff3. Everybody gets a free punish if she throws you in the corner. Just make sure you quick recover.

u4,u4,3,4~ff3~ex bf1,bd4,d2-42%
bd4 after this to continue your oki.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Guys I have a little problem with one combo so can you help me? Here's the thing- I try for Anti Air 4,EX Roll,JK,Drop kick,Air Sai but unfortunately I cant continue with regular Roll....I tried it many times and was able to connect the regular Roll just once...Any tips from the more experienced????

Also can anyone tell me if its Ok to punish stuff like Scorpion teleport and Mileena roll with Mileena's U4???? I havent played vs real opponent so i dont know yet but it seems unblockable vs the CPU.

Pistol

Noob
Also can anyone tell me if its Ok to punish stuff like Scorpion teleport and Mileena roll with Mileena's U4???? I havent played vs real opponent so i dont know yet but it seems unblockable vs the CPU.
Yeah, that's a clean punish for both of those.

JaeTea

Noob
Awesome post!! I've been looking through all the MK forums waiting for something like this.

BTW U4~jump kick, bf1 is a BITCH to do. I usually go with Pistols combo.

edit: U4, U4, jumpkick~bf1 is near impossible. Any one have a vid of this actually being done?? I'm about to lose my mind.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
mileenas best AA is 4~ex bd4. her 4 works like scorps 3 where it wont AA a close high jump kick that hits her head. she will need instant air sai or uppercut for that.
I would have to disagree 100% with this being her best anti air. The EX Roll causes so much scaling that you don't get enough damage for the effort you put into it. You should be using this combo instead:

aa4~telekick, sai, roll (or dash up 4~roll for 3% more), jk, telekick, sai which is 29-32% and uses no meter.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
bread and butter combos..

1. jump kick~bf1,bd4,4~ff3~ex bf1 - 31%

2. u4,u4,jump kick~bf1,bd4,4~ff3~ex bf1 - 40%

3. 23~ex bd4,u4,34~bd4,4~ff3~ex bf1 - 40%
I have issue with #2...for one, using two u4's in this combo makes the roll impossible to connect midscreen, thus it is a corner combo. That being said, in the corner when done, using 4~ff3~ex bf1 makes them fall to the ground after the telekick hits. So you must use the jk~ff3~ex bf1 to make it so gravity doesn't end the combo prematurely. Also, the combo ended with ex sai does 42%... you smoking something with this combo Bill? lol

Here's what I do for this combo:

2a. u4, jk~bf1, roll, 4~ff3~ex bf1 - 37%
2b. u4, u4, jk~bf1, roll, jk~ff3~ex bf1 - 42% (corner only)

For those having trouble doing jk~sai in these combos, it is simple. Buffer the sai with the jump kick.

For instance, on combo #1, you jump in and press bf~4~1 and the sai is immediately done after the kick connects. This same rule and technique apply for doing it in a juggle, just slightly different and it depends on your ability to tap diagonals.

For jk~bf1 in a juggle, just tap d/b, u/f~4~1.

Try this out yourself, you will find it works quite well and not just with Mileena!

EDIT: On the setup that Tom listed off connecting with a b3, here are the combos you should use...

1. aaAirSai, Roll, 3,4~ff3~bf1 (or ex bf1) - 24% (with ex bf1 ender - 27%)

2. aaAirSai, ff, EX Roll, 3,4~Roll, jk~ff3~bf1 - 27% (last hit is hard to connect)

#1 is the obvious choice as it is 1000x easier to perform.

Of course, if you have better combos that listed, PLEASE post them!

Pistol

Noob
aa4~telekick, sai, roll (or dash up 4~roll for 3% more), jk, telekick, sai which is 29-32% and uses no meter.
Good shit.

I have issue with #2...for one, using two u4's in this combo makes the roll impossible to connect midscreen, thus it is a corner combo. That being said, in the corner when done, using 4~ff3~ex bf1 makes them fall to the ground after the telekick hits. So you must use the jk~ff3~ex bf1 to make it so gravity doesn't end the combo prematurely. Also, the combo ended with ex sai does 42%... you smoking something with this combo Bill? lol
I posted an easy midscreen combo for 42% that uses only one ex that starts off an u4. Why are we messing around w/ jump kicks? Are we assuming it's not going to be in the real game?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I posted an easy midscreen combo for 42% that uses only one ex that starts off an u4. Why are we messing around w/ jump kicks? Are we assuming it's not going to be in the real game?
Just noticed your 42%, that is an awesome combo! I don't get what you mean with jump kicks?

Bill, you should update the first post with these fixes and additions.

Pistol

Noob
I was talking about putting jumpkick sais in her bnbs. I think they'll have their applications, but honestly I think there will probably be better ways to get damage. They do look good.

The whole "Are we assuming it's not going to be in the real game?" has to do w/ Brady making a post about how they'll take out those combos w/ multiple uppercuts.

The combo I posted ended w/ one. I figured maybe that's why he didn't update the first post with that combo.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I was talking about putting jumpkick sais in her bnbs. I think they'll have their applications, but honestly I think there will probably be better ways to get damage. They do look good.

The whole "Are we assuming it's not going to be in the real game?" has to do w/ Brady making a post about how they'll take out those combos w/ multiple uppercuts.

The combo I posted ended w/ one. I figured maybe that's why he didn't update the first post with that combo.
The uppercut combos that Tom is referring to are ones where you can combo AFTER an uppercut. Your combo ends with one so that is fine.

The reason I even mentioned using jk~ff3 instead of 4~ff3 was because in the combo I was talking about, the 4~ff3 causes them to fall to the ground too fast where the jk~ff3 allows for the air sai to end the combo. I don't think that jk combos will be changing, just comboing after uppercuts.

Pistol

Noob
The uppercut combos that Tom is referring to are ones where you can combo AFTER an uppercut. Your combo ends with one so that is fine.
True. I started thinking how they would nerf that. I figured they could give uppercuts more start-up, so maybe it wouldn't be applicable.

I actually got a bd4 to hit one time after the uppercut midscreen (pretty certain it was mid screen) for 44%. The timing on that is TIGHT.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
True. I started thinking how they would nerf that. I figured they could give uppercuts more start-up, so maybe it wouldn't be applicable.

I actually got a bd4 to hit one time after the uppercut midscreen (pretty certain it was mid screen) for 44%. The timing on that is TIGHT.
Got a 52% midscreen xray off your combo. Only hard part is getting the roll after the air sai, but it's definitely doable. I'd just take the easy 42% instead as it is basically risk free haha...here's the combo:

u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, 3~xray

Even if you got a roll after the uppercut, I'm sure that will not work in the final build so don't waste your time.