What's new

MILEENA

I only use her x-ray to whiffpunish pretty much anything on reaction, it's not worth it in a combo unless it will kill them.

reptar

Noob
Simple combo that i've been whoring is u+4 ; u+4 ; f+3, 1+2 ~ roll ; b+1, 4 ~ roll (30%ish damage). I've had to completely remove f,f+3 from my combos do to it always coming in late now. I'm sure it's possible to hit, but if the timing with the timing so tight I'd rather not depend on it at all. I still need to rework my game plans for JK~sai and roll launches, I've been too busy trying to learn Kitana in practice mode.
Thanks for posting that combo, I appreciate it. It's a nice, fairly straightforward combo that does decent damage. Does 31% with the roll, and I've been able to end it with a dash cancel uppercut for 34%.

Also maybe I'm totally off-base here, but this might be good anti-air when you see someone jump.

Teleport kick, sai, roll, b 1, 4, dashxx uppercut. 28% for catching someone jumping around.

Mileena's best anti air in all situations seems to be doing the roll, it works extremely well. Even if they straight jump you can still punish them with the ball, so jumping in at her seems to be forbidden.

Finishing her combos with ball seems to give her the best okizeme, while bite does the most damage + doesn't switch side so you can trap them in the corner with it.
Also bite catches people out of the air, so it can be used for anti-air purposes.

Her best strings to use for pressure seems to be b+1,4 / 4,2 and 2,3 since they hit crouchers. If people are trying to hit you back after the string you've got 2,3,4 or you can do something like d+1/d+3~sai/bite to keep them in check.
1,1,2 seems to have pretty good frames on block, but can be ducked under or hit by an uppercut, so it's a bit risky to be using. The confirm needs to be done 1,1~ball since for some reason they've made it so that the ball doesn't combo from most of her string enders.

f+3 is a good getting in move, and it has the 1+2 followup. Otherwise you can use things like f+3~sai/bite or f+3,1+2~sai/bite. I need to try out her f+2 as well, but to me it seems as if the startup is too long, it might have a great hitbox though to weigh up for it.

b+3,4 is great for mixups since it's one of the few double lows in the game, it catches people of guard AND it makes the very aware of it so just doing one into mixups is a really good option. If you condition someone to block low twice you can do things like b+3, throw or b+3~:en ball. Even b+3, u+4 works pretty well.
u+4 seems to have pretty good frames on block, so I think you can throw out fast attacks afterwards to beat them out like a basic 1 or d+1/d+3.

Her sai doesn't have the best hitbox, and doing tk sai low enough for people to have to stand and block it is pretty difficult, I need to work on this more to understand how to zone with it better. She does have her teleport kick to help her in a projectile war though since it punishes all projectiles on reaction from anywhere with ease.

That's about all I figured out from playing her offline yesterday.

So we all know that that Mileena's B+2 has a property that grants a hidden command move, but what in hell's name is F+2 used for? What special properties does it have?
1. hidden command move after b+2?

- b,f+2. does different animation where mileena additionally stabs opponent instead of just biting; more damage (~4 dmg) than just regular b,f+2.

- sai stuck in opponent disappears after f+3,1+2, another b+2, f+2, or sai.

2. sai stuck in the opponent after f+2.

- testing to see what the effect is. please post if someone knows.

hidden command move after b+2? b,f+2 will do different animation where mileena additionally stabs opponent instead of just biting; more damage than just regular b,f+2. sai in opponent disappears after f+3,1+2, another b+2, f+2, or sai.

sai stays in the opponent after f+2. testing to see what the effect is. please post.

So far the sai itself being in the opponent doesn't do anything else but change her b,f+2 into the stabs instead of bites which does a bit more damage. the :en version adds a kick to the end that launches the opponent back and allows zoning. the only thing i don't like about this is the setup move to put the sai into your opponent b+2. It's just to slow and leaves you open for fast specials or combos giving up a free hit, plus most of her combos use the b,f+1 special which removes the sai anyway.

Pistol

Noob
Nice writeup. I figured out all of that testing with people offline in the demo, it's good to see we think similar.

I don't use her jabs at all. I think they're too slow, and too easily punished with uppercuts.

The only anti air I use is roll, it can be beaten by an extremely deep jumpkick, but it's really solid. I actually negative edge it while I'm sai-ing.

Example, throw a sai, hold in 4, don't release 1, tiger knee and release 1 to instant air sai, if they jump, back down and release 4, you can catch jumps pretty much at mid screen.

She is really good at building meter.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Found myself a little combo while trying something else, it's pretty good.

Mid Screen 31%: u4,u4,f3~ff3~bf1,bd4,b1 3,bd4

Also, i'm having trouble with 1+2, it doesn't seem to work for me.... ever. Tips? <3

nageki

Noob
Finally got some offline play time with mileena, b+1,4 shouldnt be used to MOUNT an offense its too slow,use this block string instead because it cant be interrupted and is faster U+4 3,4 into sai or teleport. Teleport is EXTREMELY hard to punish by anything other than uppercut due to how you can change the timing of when she lands by doing sai. B+3 cant be done "naked" your opponent has to be conditioned to hesitate to attack you. its slow in competitive game play, sai recovers fast enough that certain teleports cant hit her even if she they do it at the same time she throws the sai, that's all for now, will report more things later

this was thoroughly tested today, ending combo's in leaping bite place you AND your opponent at neutral, meaning its like a psuedo round reset. which means you have the advantage if you have somekind of gameplan involved, but seeing as how mileena is slow i recommend using f+3, 1+2 to mount an offense. because there is a decent amount of space between you two so jabs wont work and that string is pretty fast for closing the distance, you want to get in then back out with mileena once someone gets too close

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
What are Mileena best ad safest string for pressuring and frame trapping our opponents?

Right now, I'm using 42 and 3,4. But what else should I be using? They need to be safe on block, though.

nageki

Noob
i'm guessing you mean what is advantage on block and what isnt, mileena doesnt really have "frame traps" you can use u+4 then 3,4 if they block the over head and try to do anything they get hit by 3,4 which you can go into sai or ex teleport to stay on them

A weird little property/bug was found with Mileena today here, just thought i'd share it because it's possibile that it affects other moves in the game too.

I can't take credit for this, my roommate is the one that noticed it when we were goofing around with Mileena.

from the desc:

"My roommate found this while goofing around in MK9 training mode with me.

What's happening is attacking Mileena (M1) does B+2, and defending Mileena (m2) blocks then retaliates with her overhead U+4. If M1 just holds stand guard, she can't block the overhead. However, if M1 crouch guards, THEN stand guards, she can block the u+4.

We figured this out because we were testing U+4/B+3 safety at the same time and were basically just goofing around. All credit to my roommate Seth who noticed that he could block B+3 but not U+4 after B+2."