What's new

MILEENA

Pistol

Noob
Got a 52% midscreen xray off your combo. Only hard part is getting the roll after the air sai, but it's definitely doable. I'd just take the easy 42% instead as it is basically risk free haha...here's the combo:

u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, 3~xray
Good stuff getting the roll off the one sai. Definitely, feel like I can get it consistently w/ practice.

Here's the combinations I came up w/ off of that.

w/ x-ray

u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, 2~xray 52%
u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, f2~xray 51%
u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, 4~xray 53%

no meter

u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, d2 40%
u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, 2, bf2 40%
u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, 4, bf2 41%
u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, 4, bd4 40%

Pistol

Noob
Alright Konqrr, found some new shit this morning.

These are ridiculously easy.

1 Ex stock

u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~exbf1, roll, f3,1+2, roll = 43%

X-ray

u4, u4, f3,1+2,roll,f3,1+2,x-ray = 53%

Alright, it looks like the MK team did their due diligence on this set-up. She barely whiffs an ff3, after u4, u4, f3,1+2 that would've put us in 45% plus range off one ex. I couldn't get it to work against the wall either, it's weird, she hits, but all the sudden they're standing, and it doesn't count.

She's barely whiffing an x-ray on me after u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, f3, 1+2 midscreen

Also, u4, u4, f3,1+2,roll gives you a very high pop-up. Honestly, I don't know what to even do w/ it. She probably has damage potential off of that.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
She's barely whiffing an x-ray on me after u4, u4, very slight step forward, 3,4~ff3~bf1, roll, f3, 1+2 midscreen

Also, u4, u4, f3,1+2,roll gives you a very high pop-up. Honestly, I don't know what to even do w/ it. She probably has damage potential off of that.
I was trying that xray setup too, barely missed for me also.

I'll have to mess around with that last combo setup and see what I can come up with.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
nice mileena combos guys.. cant wait till we get our hands on the final build.. 2 more weeks.. i want to see what kitana can do

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Mileena 44% midscreen, a bit more difficult but doable:

u4, u4, 3, f3~1+2~roll, jk~ff3~ex sai (non-ex sai = 42%)

Didn't try xray off something like 3,4 or anything, so I don't know the application there.

Pistol

Noob
u4, u4, 3, f3~1+2~roll, jk~ff3~ex sai (non-ex sai = 42%)
How consistently are you getting that? I'm having probs w/ the 3, f3. I got it, but I'm batting under .100.

I tried to get creative w/

u4,u4,b1,3,4, roll, jk~ff3~sai which I find easier, but I only got 40%

and

u4,u4,b1,3,4, roll, f3~1+2, x-ray netted 52%.

2 more weeks.. i want to see what kitana can do
I think Kitana's going to be one of my characters. I wanted to play Ermac and Mileena, but people in my community snatched them up.

If Konqrr's avatar is any indication, the three of us should make one of the best Match-up threads on the site.

AC1984

Kaballin!
I do 3, 1+2 to go into Xray against Sub and Scorp.However, it misses a lot Vs Mileena or Cage. Idk if its just me.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The 44% is not worth the effort, should just stick with your 42%. I almost never use her xray, saving that meter for the 42 is where it's at.

I was doing things off the u4, u4, 3, f3~1+2 like jump punch, then jk~ff3~bf1. But the effort to damage ratio was not worth it. Looks really cool though. That would be one of those combos that would get the stream monsters chanting your name lol

Pistol

Noob
I noticed if she hits a b2, it increases her command throw (bf2) by 10%.

However, you can't use a move that involves her sai, or the impaled sai disappears. Losing your bonus damage. Such as..

f3, 1+2
f2
sai projectiles
b2
x-ray?

So an easy non meter combo w/ impaled b2 is

u4,u4,3,4,roll,3,4,bf2 41%

u4,u4,b1,3,4,roll,4,bf2 42%

There's a couple ways to combo into b2 such as

u4,u4,3,4,ff3,exbf1,roll,b2 41%

u4,u4,f3,1+2,roll,b2

b2 is safe on block, just need to find frame traps to negate it's long start-up.

Probably, will be useful on characters w/ bad reversals in that regard.

Good for specific match-ups where sais aren't as useful. Obviously, you need to use sais against somebody like Johnny Cage, however you won't use them much against Raiden.

Gives you 1 ex stock type damage, at no cost.

Pistol

Noob
Mileena bnbs

No Meter

:bp:fk,:l:d:bk,:u:bk,:fk:bk~:r:r:fk~:l:r:fp,:l:d:bk =36%
:u:bk,:u:bk,:r:fk~:fp+:bp~:l:d:bk,jumpkick~:r:r:fk~:l:r:fp =40%

1 :en Stock

:bp:fk~:l:d:bk+:blk,:u:bk,:r:fk~:fp+:bp~:l:d:bk,jumpkick~:r:r:fk~:l:r:fp =39%
:u:bk,:u:bk,:fk:bk~:r:r:fk~:l:r:fp+:blk,:l:d:bk,:d:bp =42%
:u:bk,:u:bk,:fk:bk~:r:r:fk~:l:r:fp+:blk,:l:d:bk,:bk:bp~:r:r:fk =44%

:x-Ray

:bp:fk~:l:d:bk,:u:bk,:r:fk~:fp+:bp~:x =48%
:u:bk,:u:bk,:r:fk~:fp+:bp~:l:d:bk,:r:fk~:fp+:bp~:x =53%

Anti Air

:l:r:fp(instant airsai),:l:d:bk,:fk:bk~:r:r:fk~:l:r:fp =24%
:bk~:r:r:fk~:l:r:fp,:l:d:bk,jumpkick~:r:r:fk~:l:r:fp =29%

Tekken Notation
No Meter

23,bd4,u4,34~ff3~bf1,roll 36% (w/o roll 34%)
u4,u4,f3,1+2,roll,jumpkick,ff3~bf1 40%

1 Ex Stock

23~exbd4,u4,f3,1+2,roll,jumpkick,ff3~bf1 39%
u4,u4,3,4,ff3~exbf1,roll,d2 42%
u4,u4,3,4,ff3~exbf1,roll,4,2,ff3 44%

X-Ray

23~roll,u4,f3,1+2,x-ray 48%
u4,u4,f3,1+2,roll,f3,1+2,x-ray 53%

Anti Air

aaAirSai, Roll, 3,4~ff3~bf1 (or ex bf1) - 24% (with ex bf1 ender 27%)
aa4~telekick, sai, roll (or dash up 4~roll for 3% more), jk, telekick, sai= 29-32

Pistol

Noob
Frame advantage on block, I'm sure these are subject to change

d4
f3 (very slight advantage)
u4 (we tested this to death, not kidding)
b1,4 (b1 hits cr. blockers, 4 is an overhead)
4,2 (I think this gives the most advantage, both hit cr. blockers)

b1,4 on hit grants you enough time to roll, and still have frame advantage for your oki.
4,2 on hit grants a cross-up safe jump
b2 gives a safe jump on hit

Vs. Sub-Zero

He can't reversal ice clone after he blocks Mileena's f3.

Playing against Sub full screen, the moment he sets an ice clone, use it to your advantage to get ahead in the projectile war by spamming regular sais. He won't be able to get an ice ball out, because of his terrible start-up. Even if somehow manages you have enough time to recover.

Vs. Mileena

Properly punishing Mileena's normal telekick, while st. blocking. Use jumpkick and go into bnb. ex. jk~ff3~exbf1,roll etc.

Punish Mileena's ex telekick w/ roll,u4,34,ff3~bf1,roll

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Mileena's damage got absollutely DESTROYED!

Her 53% xray does 44% ... her 44% is impossible due to increased gravity ... her 43% does like 33% now!

I see NO use for her EX sai as the u4 u4 34~ff3~sai, roll is too easy now and the damage output is so low for such precious meter.

Only other change I've noticed is that when her 42 string hits, the 2 knocks them away and you can combo with either a roll or telekick-sai for more punishment. This is good.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
b+1,4 is changed too. It now does a low popup and you can roll or 4,2 to continue into a combo.

Pistol

Noob
I see NO use for her EX sai as the u4 u4 34~ff3~sai, roll is too easy now and the damage output is so low for such precious meter.
Honestly, I don't think it got any easier, I think you just got better at it.

I think something like u4,b14,f3~1+2,roll,jumpkick~ff3~bf1 will be the new shit. Still her damage got nerfed to hell. It's as if the guys at Netherrealm, saw this thread, and said to themselves "what can we take away?".

What characters you playing Konqrr?

NuSix3

Boob
Simple combo that i've been whoring is u+4 ; u+4 ; f+3, 1+2 ~ roll ; b+1, 4 ~ roll (30%ish damage). I've had to completely remove f,f+3 from my combos do to it always coming in late now. I'm sure it's possible to hit, but if the timing with the timing so tight I'd rather not depend on it at all. I still need to rework my game plans for JK~sai and roll launches, I've been too busy trying to learn Kitana in practice mode.

I'm coming to the conclusion that it's really not worth throwing x-ray into juggles unless you know it's going to end the match. With damage scaling it only adds about 10% to a combo versus it being a 28% hit with priority used by itself. It's all personal preference I guess.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and disagree with Tom Brady that Mileena is a distance character. Her sais are way too weak in comparison to other characters' projectiles, she seems to have more safe normal attack options than other characters and her two other specials (roll and teleport) both help narrow the distance between her and the opponent. She really becomes disadvantaged the further away the opponent gets from her. In my opinion her sweet spot is mid-screen, always a jump distance away from the opponent if not closer.

Oh and thanks to everyone who posted combos in here from the demo, my understanding of MK mechanics went from .01 to like 75 from this thread alone :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
anyone tested to see if she still has + frames on block after those moves? Looks like f+3 no longer is, against the cpu after a blocked f+3 my jabs lost to scorpion's.

Pistol

Noob
anyone tested to see if she still has + frames on block after those moves? Looks like f+3 no longer is, against the cpu after a blocked f+3 my jabs lost to scorpion's.
I didn't test it yet. However, that might be because Scorp's jabs are that much faster.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
you can now cancel b+3 into specials. b+3, roll combos.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
So we all know that that Mileena's B+2 has a property that grants a hidden command move, but what in hell's name is F+2 used for? What special properties does it have?

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
you can now cancel b+3 into specials. b+3, roll combos.
Do people actually hit confirm this? Or guess and roll with it?

It's a pretty good gamble if people tend to stand block alot, given the many overhead chains in this game. You get a 30%+ roll combo off of a low. Nasty if you condition them to always block high.

Anyone know what's the point of the B+3, B+4 low chain that's in the move list? Any perks about it?

I love her b3 roll setup it helps out so much against the high blocks and is something that most people don't see coming. heres what i've found for now but i just started working with mileena.

b3,roll,u4,3,4,xray (37%) isn't bad as a starter combo for mileena rookies. i'm sure this probbaly branches into more damaging combos but i tend to panic near the end of a match and end up throwing out an xray