What's new

Mileena Q&A : Ask a question, get an answer from Marshmellow! :D

no im not for sure but it seems like theres just enough time to 1,1,2. But what else can i do to finish that up after the last b+3 4 if the 1 1 2 doesn't work? Maybe someone can test it and help me out.

Edit: What is buffering? sorry im a total newb to fighting games and this game.

no im not for sure but it seems like theres just enough time to 1,1,2. But what else can i do to finish that up after the last b+3 4 if the 1 1 2 doesn't work? Maybe someone can test it and help me out.

almost, all of Mileena's move can follow up after B+3 4 not to sure tho i have to test it ill get back with you if nobody else can help out

Lol No problem im still kinda new to it as well. Buffering is when u start to do the inputs for one move while your in the animation of doing doing another move . like for example the input for mileena's teleport kick is f,f,fk, and her sai blast is B,F,FP u can AA (anti air) your opponent with a teleport kick and follow up with sai blast in the air but for that to connect u have to buffer(do) the sai blast inputs b,f,fp as soon as u finish doing the inputs for teleport kick. lol hope that help lol if not lol im sorry. still a noob my self

Somberness

Lights
ive been thinking bout buying mileena's klassic outfit. does it come with a klassic fatality?
Nope.

Im having a hard time punishing when i do this combo i can never complete, so im wondering if there is something to the game that restricts me from doing more our am i just doing something wrong. I start U+4,U+4,b+3 4,Roll, b+3 4. As i finish that up with the b+3 4 it always seems like gravity beats me, i try to do the 1 1 2 to finish on the way down but it seems the enemy is to low, i even tried dashing 1 1 2 but that is really hard for some reasion. My question is what else can i do in that sequence? or is it even possible to finish it up with 1 1 2 because my timing is off or inputs is off?. Thanks
112 doesn't seem possible at that point, that string isn't very combo friendly as well. See this link for what should be a more damaging version of that combo http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3908-Mileena-Kombos&p=67887&viewfull=1#post67887

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi.

How do I punish mileena after she does her wake up teleport kick and then throws the sai afterwards? Is it even punishable.

Because I played a guy today who kept doing down 4 and then anytime that I caught him, he teleported off wake up and then threw out the sai to stop me punishing it, and then went back in to constant down 4's.

It was quite frustrating, any tips?

Hi.

How do I punish mileena after she does her wake up teleport kick and then throws the sai afterwards? Is it even punishable.

Because I played a guy today who kept doing down 4 and then anytime that I caught him, he teleported off wake up and then threw out the sai to stop me punishing it, and then went back in to constant down 4's.

It was quite frustrating, any tips?
If he times the sai blast right theirs really nothin you can do. U could try to sweep them othet then that idk and it depends on what character your usen as well

This is a matchup specific question for sub-zero, i find that when i block his random slide i can't seem to start a punish with U+4. This seems just really silly i know but i dont run into many sub-zeros, i cant for the life of me figure out how to properly punish a simple slide. Sorry im new to this game and im pretty bad any help is appreciated.

InfidelLance - Block punishing in this game is really awkward. Sometimes if you input an attack too soon after letting go of block it won't come out. It's the main reason why I have trouble punishing Kung Lao spin with roll on reaction.

There's a lot of extra blockstun on moves so that could be the reason you're having trouble. Do you find it easier to punish Slide with Roll instead?

InfidelLance - Block punishing in this game is really awkward. Sometimes if you input an attack too soon after letting go of block it won't come out. It's the main reason why I have trouble punishing Kung Lao spin with roll on reaction.

There's a lot of extra blockstun on moves so that could be the reason you're having trouble. Do you find it easier to punish Slide with Roll instead?
I haven't giving that a shot yet thanks for suggestion. Maybe i can b+3 4 as well.

nageki

Noob
if you duck as soon as you block her normal teleport kick you get a free uppercut no matter if they do sai or not, that's the good about her teleport when its compared to others. From my experience the most anyone can get off teleport is an uppercut, the only char's who get a combo are kung lao, ermac, and reptile but his execution has go to be on point. (shang tsung needs to be tested)

at this moment in time i dont think you can punish her ex teleport if you do sai right afterwards.

AN interesting mind game i figured out is that if you condition them to always block a sai after ex tele you can work on a mix up, because by the time they realize you arent going to throw a sai your already on the ground.

Also on the punishing slide thing, i recommend using 4,2 to punish with full combo (22-40% depending if you do meterless, meter or xray) if you want the damage but with less trick, not many people know how to do good combo's off of 4,2 so experiment, but generally you want to start off using roll to punish slide until you can get fancy with 4,2 or learn the timing for U+4

EternityInBlack

Milly Vanilli
Sorry if this is covered already, but do you have any strategies against Kung Laos? Specifically ones that abuse the spin a lot?

Sorry if this is covered already, but do you have any strategies against Kung Laos? Specifically ones that abuse the spin a lot?
i havent fought too many Kung Lao's but the few i did spammed the hell out of the Spin move lol thats their "Get Off Me'' move i try to bait it out by doing jump in attacks and block strings to keep the pressure on them. after every time i did one of those two options they always did that damn spin move lol its like the Shoryuken of MK.. sorry if this didnt help you out EternityinBlack. i dont really play as a rush down Mileena i just do 'IAS' and a shit load of poke's and over heads to fuck with their heads. lol maybe some one else can give a better answer. im pretty sure i will need help with this later on down the road when i fight a decent Kung Lao

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
kinda new to mileena may pick her up. Btw did any1 else notice that after b2 (slowest overhead in the world) when you do neckbite she stabs them with the sai inside their back instead of biting their face off? Any benefit to this or does it just look cool lol. And also what are her best normals?

edit: old post, I know it does more dmg lol.

Danno

Noob
I'm new to mileena but enjoying her a lot. A lot more mix ups which I like. Question is do you guys ever use a neck bite to close space or no? I know she's a great Zoner but if you wanted to get in fast on another Zoner. Just wondering because reptile does elbow dash as a space closer.

AC1984

Kaballin!
if you wanna get close that bad use ex teleport kick cause its safer....I think you'll eat a full combo if the neck bite is blocked.

I have been playing around with Mileena the last 8 hours or so, and I got some wicked cool combos down from 10-17 hits some using meter some that don't. My only complaint with her is her damage seems kinda low. The 17 hit combo only does around 32-33% uising one bar,thats roughly 2% per hit and bar, not very good lol but thats a tale for a different day.

My question is how do you all do it? After practicing and getting her roll and combo juggles down, and practicing on expert ladder match, and was doing really good, but when I took her online, I got slaughtered. She seems to punch and kick sooooo slow. My combos aren't worth anything if everyone hits me first lol.What is your technique in getting in on them and getting your combos off. Only thing that woks for me so far is jumping over them and hit them from behind while they are punching the air...

I been starting with B+1,4 Roll etc and 2,3,Roll,1, B+1 Roll etc.... ending in b,f,2, because it looks cool lol. ending it all in uppercut seems to do the most damage imo though.

Thanks in Advance....
P.S Reptile Rocks.......

AC1984

Kaballin!
I had the same problem with her when I was practicing in the beginning. I had all the combos down but couldn't really get them work against real opponent. The problem you have imo is that you have a wrong approach with the character. Read the guide made by Tom Brady and Pimp Uigi and you'll see what I mean. your main tools should be cheap damage with D+4, spamming standing and instant air sais, B+3 into EX roll for close up combo starter, overhead kick,ex teleport +sai.....and of course naked roll whenever possible....I was trying to do strings like 112, 23, 42, etc but they don't work consistently as a mix up.

cyke_out

Noob
I have been playing around with Mileena the last 8 hours or so, and I got some wicked cool combos down from 10-17 hits some using meter some that don't. My only complaint with her is her damage seems kinda low. The 17 hit combo only does around 32-33% uising one bar,thats roughly 2% per hit and bar, not very good lol but thats a tale for a different day.

My question is how do you all do it? After practicing and getting her roll and combo juggles down, and practicing on expert ladder match, and was doing really good, but when I took her online, I got slaughtered. She seems to punch and kick sooooo slow. My combos aren't worth anything if everyone hits me first lol.What is your technique in getting in on them and getting your combos off. Only thing that woks for me so far is jumping over them and hit them from behind while they are punching the air...

I been starting with B+1,4 Roll etc and 2,3,Roll,1, B+1 Roll etc.... ending in b,f,2, because it looks cool lol. ending it all in uppercut seems to do the most damage imo though.

Thanks in Advance....
P.S Reptile Rocks.......
I like to end all my combo with neck bite, it leaves them standing, so they can't do a wake up attack, and I can continue pressure.

u+4 u+4 b+1,4 4 roll 4 neck bite is 33% off of an overhead with jump in punch it's 36%
b+3 roll u+4 b+1,4 4 neck bite is 27% off of a low
roll u+4 b+1,4 4 neck bite is 25% off of a naked roll

alot of Mileena's attacks- Neck bite, teleport kick, b+3- leaves the opponent in a stagger state where she can jump in punch, and go for high, low, throw, mix ups.

But she should mainly be at range, using sais and instant air sais, only using roll and teleport kick when someone tries to get around her zoning. also learn to love d+4, it's got huge range, at the start of round 1, mileena can tag someone for instant first hit bonus.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
u+4 u+4 b+1,4 4 roll 4 neck bite is 33% off of an overhead with jump in punch it's 36%
b+3 roll u+4 b+1,4 4 neck bite is 27% off of a low
roll u+4 b+1,4 4 neck bite is 25% off of a naked roll
Thnx for that I've been doing 122 after b14 all this time when 4 is much easier online and the dmg is the same on the first combo and only 1% less on the other 2.

Thanks in Advance....
P.S Reptile Rocks.......
Like others have said most of the combos you get from mileena probably won't come from just running in and getting a high starter or anything. Even though her combos are relatively low dmg she makes up for it by being able to get them from many different situations. You can use roll to punish loads of things easily and go under certain projectiles, against your average everyday skorpion online you can roll twice from full screen on a whiffed spear for a combo lol(the average online skorpion whiffs about 100000 spears a game btw)

Jk to tk sai and roll is another combo you can get from the air. A high starter like 23 is mainly a punishing tool, your gonna want to use b3 u4 as starters which is pretty much a legit 50/50 online lol. Also spam the shit outta d4 like people have said. After neckbite I almost always do multiple d4's and they mostly land when people start blocking low run up and u4 or jp. Do blocking strings f3 1+2 EX Tp sai d4 etc to build metre and pressure ure opponent into doing something unsafe too. Btw in the corner d4 is gdlk. I locked down sum guy in the corner today with it lol and they ragquitted, in training mode the AI on expert doesn't get out of it xD.

cyke_out

Noob
hehe, I've mashed d+4 vs scrub nightwolfs who never use the ex shoulder ram and get pissed when the low pokes stop their ram spam.

what up guyz ,nice thread you have here :)

just wanted to ask if there is an difference between mileena's costumes? (like cyrax ,every suit is a bit different than the other and it can affect his game play)

what up guyz ,nice thread you have here :)

just wanted to ask if there is an difference between mileena's costumes? (like cyrax ,every suit is a bit different than the other and it can affect his game play)
Sheevas 212F1 BF3 doesn't hit unless shes in her MK3 costume.

Whether that's because her hit box is bigger or what is unknown.

aj1701

Noob
hehe, I've mashed d+4 vs scrub nightwolfs who never use the ex shoulder ram and get pissed when the low pokes stop their ram spam.
Ya, lots of people don't seem to know what to do against d+4. EX tele, d+4 seems to be pretty safe, and it annoys the piss out of people. Its also great for Raidens that only seem to want to do the kick x3 superman combo. I've had people that can't play Raiden once you shut down those kicks.