What's new

Mileena Q&A : Ask a question, get an answer from Marshmellow! :D

Post your questions, will edit this post and answer :D

Q: I just started trying out mileena today. I'm doing a little better than when I messed around with her before, now that I've focused my gameplan and what not. Only thing is I'd like to know of different ways to get up close and personal and start the punch/kick combos. Are there any safe moves that I should try using that I can turn into longer strings if successful?

A: A few things that I, myself do, when I am up close to someone is mix up her strings. For example, 3,4, bf+1, and mix it up until they get confused, once you know that they are confused ( you can tell if they just sit there and block) you can grab them OR they will try and try to get out of it by attacking *which they cant if you keep doing strings, I'm sure,* you could do something like 1,1, ball roll to launch them, or 3,4, ball roll, 4,2, ball roll, a bunch of different types of strings. Be sure to get in there head a lot, doing 1,1, bf+2, or 1,1, bf+1. Keep in mind that some people eventually start to do something unsafe, (like rolling in the air thing) and you CAN punish them with Uppercut OR u+4 and follow up with a Kombo. Boot down (B+1,4) Now bounces, so you can also bounce them with that too up close.
*Sorry if this wasnt a good answer, I tried :D*

Q: Which krypts unlock mileena concepts?

A: Mileena Costume Number 2: Hollow of Investation body number 33 :) (Go to Nekropolis or w/e to unlock it after you receive the concept)
Mileena Fatality Number 2: Blood Marsh, body number 2.

Q: What are good Mileena Combos?

A: You may check out Mileena combos that I have made on my youtube page! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrxMashimaro?feature=mhum
OR you can look at my TYM post in Mileena, http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?3908-Mileena-Kombos

Q: I watched your kombo videos, and they are very good, but it seems like Mileena is not doing much damage?
What are her advantages?

A: The only high-damaging combos that Mileena has are her x-ray combo's. Her advantages to her *low damage* is a lot. She recovers fast after you finish an ender, like bf+1, or bf+2, or even Ball roll. She recovers fast enough for you to rush in and mix up into another combo, which makes those 25% damage combos add up to 50% and more. If you need more information, please be specific and I will try to answer

*Sorry if it wasnt a good answer*

Q: How do you do the Teleport Drop twice?

A: The Double-Teleport is done by using the EX-Version of ff+3, where she kick you at both sides ( unless you are in a corner.)

Q: Where in the krypt can I found her Mortal Kombat 2 outfit alternate. I need this ASAP. Wont play her if I cant find it lol.

A: You can find her costume #2 in the Krypt at Hollow of Investation, Body number 33. Her "klassic" kostume is a prize for pre ordering the game at Walmart I think, so you are going to have to either buy it, or trade it with someone else with the one you already have

Q: hey my question is how do get the first oufit like in your first combo vid?

A: That outfit is Mileena's costume number 3. You get that costume from completing the 300 Challenge Tower.

Q: Hi Marshmellow,

In MK, after you block the opponents unsafe moves and they go into that punishment reel - AKA the rolling recovery thing. lol. Eg. blocking scorpion's teleport or Mileena's ball. A state where you can't punish them with ground based combos.
What's are some good juggle starters to use against the opponent's recovery reel?

A: U+4 is the combo that I always do to punish them. But if its like, not a move where they "roll" in the air, I usually just uppercut them. Good question

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
What are good ways to get in and start dealing kombos?

What is Milenna's favorite non human food?

What should be the general tactic to employ while using mileena?

Which krypts unlock mileena concepts?

What is mileena's last name?

What are a list of good mileena combos?

How much wood can a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck was adversely related to an incident which pertained to mileena?

Rickyraws

;_; I was being serious. You didn't elaborate the nature of the questions, so I added both serious and dumb ones. *sniff*

Rickyraws

I just started trying out mileena today. I'm doing a little better than when I messed around with her before, now that I've focused my gameplan and what not. Only thing is I'd like to know of different ways to get up close and personal and start the punch/kick combos. Are there any safe moves that I should try using that I can turn into longer strings if successful?

I just started trying out mileena today. I'm doing a little better than when I messed around with her before, now that I've focused my gameplan and what not. Only thing is I'd like to know of different ways to get up close and personal and start the punch/kick combos. Are there any safe moves that I should try using that I can turn into longer strings if successful?
Answered, put in first post, A: A few things that I, myself do, when I am up close to someone is mix up her strings. For example, 3,4, bf+1, and mix it up until they get confused, once you know that they are confused ( you can tell if they just sit there and block) you can grab them OR they will try and try to get out of it by attacking *which they cant if you keep doing strings, I'm sure,* you could do something like 1,1, ball roll to launch them, or 3,4, ball roll, 4,2, ball roll, a bunch of different types of strings. Be sure to get in there head a lot, doing 1,1, bf+2, or 1,1, bf+1. Keep in mind that some people eventually start to do something unsafe, (like rolling in the air thing) and you CAN punish them with Uppercut OR u+4 and follow up with a Kombo. Boot down (B+1,4) Now bounces, so you can also bounce them with that too up close.
*Sorry if this wasnt a good answer, I tried :D*

Neclord

Noob
I have a question. :)

I watched your kombo videos, and they are very good, but it seems like Mileena is not doing much damage?
What are her advantages?

The only high-damaging combos that Mileena has are her x-ray combo's. Her advantages to her *low damage* is a lot. She recovers fast after you finish an ender, like bf+1, or bf+2, or even Ball roll. She recovers fast enough for you to rush in and mix up into another combo, which makes those 25% damage combos add up to 50% and more. If you need more information, please be specific and I will try to answer :D

*Sorry if it wasnt a good answer*

AC1984

Kaballin!
I have a question, why is aaBK, Xray 33% damage and aaBK, Drop kick,Air Sai, Roll,FK, BK, Xray 34% ?????? In other words you are better off doing aa kick into xray rather than doing a whole combo.

NoDoubt

nasty
Where in the krypt can I found her Mortal Kombat 2 outfit alternate. I need this ASAP. Wont play her if I cant find it lol.

Neclord

Noob
I have another question.

How do you do the Teleport Drop twice?

EDIT:
Oh I just saw it is because of Super Meter... lol, sorry.

@Neclord : The double teleport kick is an EX ff+3, she teleports to both sides of you and kick you.

@NoDoubtArion : You can find her costume #2 in the Krypt at Hollow of Investation, Body number 33. Her "klassic" kostume is a prize for pre ordering the game at Walmart I think, so you are going to have to either buy it, or trade it with someone else with the one you already have

@AC: Could you be more specific on the notations please?

hey my question is how do get the first oufit like in your first combo vid?
and the other one do make combo vids with b+3, bd+4?

Hey Marsh, I'm having a problem here. So I went to the krypt and I happened to buy one mileena's costume, but when I go in nekropolis to switch costumes, amoung other options it says: "press A to switch costumes". But I do, nothing changes when I go back in the select screen... what am I am missing? I'm kinda clueless right now.

By the way guys, my MK disc didn't have a manual featuring special moves, game modes and such... and I bought the Kollector edition too... is it the same with everyone or should I go complain to the game shop right now?

NoDoubt

nasty
Can you unlock Mileena's "MK2" outfit? I remember hearing about it but I can't find it. :(

Yea im still wondering. According to marshmellow's post its body # 33 in the hallow of investation but he said its the pre-order klassic...which isnt MK2, thats UMK3 costume.

The costume I want is in my avatar. I hope its in the game, though iv heard it is but have never seen any pictures or mentioning of getting it.

Diadel

Noob
Can u tell the strategy with mileena vs others characters?
what advantages she have or disadvantages versus spesific character?

Oh, she only has 4 costumes:
Costume 1: Regular MK9 Costume
Costume 2: Deception Costume ( I think )
MK3: Geisha looking hair, with a purple suit and shoes.
Costume 3: Toilet Paper looking things covering her breasts, her butt, and her. . . Yeah. lmfao.

Mileena only has 4 costumes, while some others have 3, and some others have 2.