What's new

Mileena Q&A : Ask a question, get an answer from Marshmellow! :D

AC1984

Kaballin!
Marshmellow, what I mean is that at some point in a combo adding more hits to a combo decreases the damage. Why is that, how does the damage scale works with mileena??? good example is adding a crouching jab after Air sai and before a roll. It decreases the damage.

Arion, there is no MK2 costume

I'm not sure, the damage scaling in this game is really dumb, it seems the more hits the less damage, which doesn't really make sense. I will try to look that up though . . .

NoDoubt

nasty
Its called "damage protection"....same thing is in UMK3.

This Sheeva combo that was done in the corner should be over 40+ % damage given the individual damage amounts for different combo strings...once u add all them together though to create 1 bigass combo, it decreases drastically and she only got 33% with 17 fuckin hits. Its honestly bullcrap imo for certain strings that genuinely should be dishing out more damage.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
Best way combo for opponent's punishment reel?

Hi Marshmellow,

In MK, after you block the opponents unsafe moves and they go into that punishment reel - AKA the rolling recovery thing. lol. Eg. blocking scorpion's teleport or Mileena's ball. A state where you can't punish them with ground based combos.

What's are some good juggle starters to use against the opponent's recovery reel?

Evansgambit, u+4 is your best option, biggest combo oppurtunity off of it. If you don't think you have enough time, b+2, 4 is a good option.

U+4 is the combo that I always do to punish them. But if its like, not a move where they "roll" in the air, I usually just uppercut them. Good question :D

What are Mileena's best string options for pressure, and what are her fastest combostarters.
Also, does she have anything that lets ex ball connect fully consistently? (can't test any of this right now)

d+4 seems to be her best poke right now, though it doesn't lead to anything guaranteed I think, it still cancels to sai for chip damage. But I need to experiment more with her, she's fun to play.

Skatan, two strings I like to use are 1,1,2 and b+3,4. Reason for this is if either the 1,1 or the b+3 hit, you can cancel into roll. I like to end these strings early to keep opponents guessing. Don't know about the en roll, only en moves I use are the teleports to try and catch someone sleeping; alot of people stop blocking after the first hit (use this sparingly! :L)
EDIT: Forgot 4,2. If this hits, you can follow up with a teleport or a roll.

Dear Marshmellow:

I was playing with my friends yesterday and always lose when they switch out to the power characters ( Kratos, Jax, ect...) normally because they can 4 hit combo half my health away. Yet I dominate against the faster characters ( kitana, jade, ect...) usually because i hit quicker than they do. i've tryed to use her speed against the power hitters but find the matches drawing out and by round three they have figured out most of my combos. What methods should i use to take out the slow but powerful charcters with Mileena?

Dear Marshmellow:

I was playing with my friends yesterday and always lose when they switch out to the power characters ( Kratos, Jax, ect...) normally because they can 4 hit combo half my health away. Yet I dominate against the faster characters ( kitana, jade, ect...) usually because i hit quicker than they do. i've tryed to use her speed against the power hitters but find the matches drawing out and by round three they have figured out most of my combos. What methods should i use to take out the slow but powerful charcters with Mileena?
Outzone them with Sai and d+4

is their any way to choose mileena's darker purple(player2) outfit?. i prefer the darker purple instead of the lighter purple, and her eyes look way better to me then her player 1(lighter purple) outfit.thanks

Neclord

Noob
is their any way to choose mileena's darker purple(player2) outfit?. i prefer the darker purple instead of the lighter purple, and her eyes look way better to me then her player 1(lighter purple) outfit.thanks
Yes, press start when you pick her.

Start button -> choose outfit -> start button.

1. How do i beat a Ermac that spams the hell out of his command grab crap(dont know the name of the move >.>') the move where he force grabs you and pushes you back . was playing someone online yesterday and all they were doing is that damn move! it seem to stop all my moves and everytime i got close to him he would teleport away and just spam his green fireball . but keep in mind that was my first time playing a Ermac so that could be one of the problems. i can tell that Ermac could be a big problem in the hands of a decent player.
2. what happened to the character match up thread for Mileena. we really need one of those. i need all the info i can get on her match ups. i hate getting bodied buy people who spam moves! help me out fellow Mileena players :boohoo:

Somberness

Lights
1. How do i beat a Ermac that spams the hell out of his command grab crap(dont know the name of the move >.>') the move where he force grabs you and pushes you back . was playing someone online yesterday and all they were doing is that damn move! it seem to stop all my moves and everytime i got close to him he would teleport away and just spam his green fireball . but keep in mind that was my first time playing a Ermac so that could be one of the problems. i can tell that Ermac could be a big problem in the hands of a decent player.
2. what happened to the character match up thread for Mileena. we really need one of those. i need all the info i can get on her match ups. i hate getting bodied buy people who spam moves! help me out fellow Mileena players :boohoo:
1. Not many can punish the push from max distance but I know Raiden can. However, from about half distance, roll can for 26% damage. U4 can punish the teleport but cannot do so for the lift.
2. Here http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?5025-Mileena-Matchups
I'd wait until the patch comes out though, some characters are broken at the moment, like Kano.

Somberness

Lights
In about a week there's supposed to be a balancing and netcode patch. I don't see a reason to change Mileena drastically but others might get changed big.

another question. mileena stage fatality is D,D,D,3 i Believe but it varies i know for pit fatality is up close.how close should i be. if i want to do other stage fatality like the living forest, and the subway stage, please explain this. thanks

BOSSETTE

Noob
another question. mileena stage fatality is D,D,D,3 i Believe but it varies i know for pit fatality is up close.how close should i be. if i want to do other stage fatality like the living forest, and the subway stage, please explain this. thanks
her stage fatality should be "touching"
i havent experienced any difference in where you input the fatality for a stage fatality at all

it's also D,D,D,1

Im having a hard time punishing when i do this combo i can never complete, so im wondering if there is something to the game that restricts me from doing more our am i just doing something wrong. I start U+4,U+4,b+3 4,Roll, b+3 4. As i finish that up with the b+3 4 it always seems like gravity beats me, i try to do the 1 1 2 to finish on the way down but it seems the enemy is to low, i even tried dashing 1 1 2 but that is really hard for some reasion. My question is what else can i do in that sequence? or is it even possible to finish it up with 1 1 2 because my timing is off or inputs is off?. Thanks

Im having a hard time punishing when i do this combo i can never complete, so im wondering if there is something to the game that restricts me from doing more our am i just doing something wrong. I start U+4,U+4,b+3 4,Roll, b+3 4. As i finish that up with the b+3 4 it always seems like gravity beats me, i try to do the 1 1 2 to finish on the way down but it seems the enemy is to low, i even tried dashing 1 1 2 but that is really hard for some reasion. My question is what else can i do in that sequence? or is it even possible to finish it up with 1 1 2 because my timing is off or inputs is off?. Thanks
either your doing the inputs to fast or to slow for the game to register it try buffering it and if that does not work. i really dont know what to say. are u sure that u can finish with 1,1,2?