What's new

Mileena Kombos

i was practising today when i started to think of something i hadnt seen before.
so it is known that with good timing of jump kick you can throw a sai to the enemy (end then roll) but i didnt roll but made a telekick and another sai and after that i couldnt make the roll is it possible to contninue the combo after that or it is just me who cant do it yet (tried like 5 mins only so i am not sure about anything) but that jumpkick,airsai,telekick,airsai gives a nice 21% on 4 hit and if after that a roll could be executed would lead to a nice 30%+ combo
just my 2 cents...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
hi,
im having a little trouble connecting roll all the time after a air to air punch? i can land aasai to roll 100% the time,
are the timings that much different?
would a jump kick serve me better for my needs?

Somberness

Lights
You can teleport instead if you can't connect it, you don't technically need to link it either. It leads to a bit more damage too. But yes, jump kicks are much better... I have not seen anybody use this but you can cancel jump kicks into sai without landing the kick. That means you can do preemptive jumps kicks a lot safer and you can even get a nice combo too.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
You can teleport instead if you can't connect it, you don't technically need to link it either. It leads to a bit more damage too. But yes, jump kicks are much better... I have not seen anybody use this but you can cancel jump kicks into sai without landing the kick. That means you can do preemptive jumps kicks a lot safer and you can even get a nice combo too.
thanks xxz!
that helped alot!
yea i do the fake jump kick sai kick aswell, it great for a bit of mindfucking 2 :)

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
So, I've been playing around with B+14, trying to find something viable utilizing it since there's so much advantage on hit and it's safe on block and I can't consistently connect multiple B14s. This is what I've come up with, and I don't see it listed anywhere else. Apologies if it is. Might be worth knowing.
B+14, dash, 42, xxBall Roll, B+14, xxBite (30%, 12 Hits)

Also, I saw someone asking about jK, xxTeleport Drop. Sorry if it's been answered, but I do F3, F3 in the air.

So, I've been playing around with B+14, trying to find something viable utilizing it since there's so much advantage on hit and it's safe on block and I can't consistently connect multiple B14s. This is what I've come up with, and I don't see it listed anywhere else. Apologies if it is. Might be worth knowing.
B+14, dash, 42, xxBall Roll, B+14, xxBite (30%, 12 Hits)

Also, I saw someone asking about jK, xxTeleport Drop. Sorry if it's been answered, but I do F3, F3 in the air.
After B14, you can do TK > Airsai, if it connects you can follow-up with a roll into B14 NECKBITE.

holdwolf

Mileena's Shoe Wins!
Hey guys,

So I've gone through this thread and the combos, and I have to say, doing Boot Down two or three times in a row is impossible for me; it's difficult to get offline, and even more so online. Not that I'm saying it's impossible in general, it just doesn't suit me because I tend to drop it most of the time.

Here are the combos I use regularly in online play with much success:

SPLITS:
1. JP, u+4, u+4, b+14, 4~roll, b+14~ ex neckbite/ex sais --- 38%
2. JP, u+4, u+4, 3 - 2 ~ teleport~ex sais, roll, b+14 ~ neckbite --- 38%
3. JP, u+4, u+4, b+14, 4~roll, b+14 ~ XRAY --- 45%

You can choose not the perform the ex moves and do ordinary ones instead; the damage will be reduced by a percent or two. I like using splits combos the most and they are especially effective against teleporters such as Scorpion, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Ermac and Quan Chi, but also Mileena's own roll. Do away with the JP here obviously, and start with the u+4's. The damage will be reduced to around 35%.

An interesting fact I found out in online combat is that many players will naturally tend to zone when there's a full screen distance or so between you. This is the reason I like performing the ex neckbite at the end of the combo, because it creates distance and offers you a chance to continue punishing your opponent with Mileena's mind games. Wait for them to perform a projectile attack and upon reaction perform a teleport with sais. Teleport is a stun move and many players will try to block your next attack or to get away somehow. After doing the teleport, immediately proceed with u+4.

BONES:
1. JP, 2-3 ~ ex roll, u+4, b+14, 4~roll, b+14 ~ ex neckbite/ex sais --- 40%
2. JP, 2-3 ~ ex roll, u+4, 3-4 ~ teleport~ex sais, roll, b+14, neckbite - 40%
3. JP, 2-3 ~ roll, u+4, b+14 ~ XRAY --- 44%

FRIENDLY KISS:
1. JP, 4-2 ~ teleport ~ ex sais, roll, b+14 ~ neckbite --- 33%
2. JP, 4-2 ~ roll, b+14 ~ neckbite --- 25%

ROLL / TELEPORT PUNISH:
You guys know this already, but just in case if anyone new to Mileena is reading this I will reiterate: use the roll when an opponent tries to jump in/away, does a projectile attack, perform it as a wake-up attack, or when the opponent is just caught unawares:
1. roll, u+4, b+14 ~ dash ~ 1-1-2, neckbite/sais --- 26%
2. roll, u+4, 3-4 ~ teleport ~ ex sais, roll --- 28%
3. roll, u+4, 3-4 ~ teleport ~ sais, roll --- 25%
If the opponent is blocking high consistently in order to prevent you from using the roll, add in b+3 to the mix to get bass high block.

Like the teleport, the roll is a nice way to surprise your opponent if there's space between you. The roll doesn't have full screen range - again, a fact many players seem to be unaware of - so do the roll and you'll end up just an inch away from your opponent who will most likely be blocking in anticipation of your attack. If they block low, do u+4; if they block high, do b+3 and roll again. If you like, you can also just do a d+4 poke, since some players will try to counter your entry with an attack of their own. Again, this is not me claiming that all players will be as easy to fool but many will - even some really good players.

Effective against opponents who like to jump a lot, the teleport leads to similar punishes.
1. teleport ~ sais, roll, b+14 ~ sais/neckbite --- 23%
2. teleport ~ ex sais, roll, b+14 ~ sais/neckbite --- 25%
Using ex sais gives you a little more time to properly perform the roll, which is why I prefer using the enhanced version, though you can perform the punish easily without spending the bar. Using ex teleport is also a possibility and has the same somewhat prolonged effect as do the ex sais. You can do away with the ex moves here in general and go for XRAY after Boot Down, but it will only be a 30%+ combo, which is a waste of bar in my opinion, unless used to finish the match. The same applies to the roll punish.

A decent player will however learn to anticipate your attacks sooner or later, which means it's time to bring out a different strategy. If you like to play a rush down Mileena, after you perform a punish you can use the roll or the teleport to get close to your opponent for wake-ups and punish them anew. Using Splits is also a way to keep your opponents in line - many will crouch block or try to perform an uppercut on you to get you off their back. If you're quick enough, you can use Splits to start a new string.

God, I love Mileena. :p Ok, so, to conclude; this is what I find works best for me and does not necessarily mean it will work for someone else. This is a combo thread and I may have gone a bit over the top with my additional elaborations, but in the past weeks I've fought some very nice people who have just started using Mileena and a few asked me for tips. So here they are. I'll be really happy if I helped anyone with this.

Cheers!

I cant cancel 42 into TK or roll. If i am hit confirming it - as soon as i see 4 connects- the special is late... Help plz :)

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream
I cant cancel 42 into TK or roll. If i am hit confirming it - as soon as i see 4 connects- the special is late... Help plz :)
I buffer 4,2,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f,f and press 3 on hit confirm. You also can't buffer the sais before the telekick animation has started.

yeah I solved it! I did 42 block by habit. I let go of block when I need to poke or cancel. But in this case I couldn`t cancel to TK. Now when I do 42 without block I can easily cancel :))) Thanks anyway ;)

I was fooling around the training mode and I noticed how incredibly early you can do b1, 4 after a roll for example, and it combos. This helps a lot to connect b1, 4 x 2 which uses to be pretty hard and deals a lot of damage. I never see people using b1, 4 x2 so maybe this could help

just some combos i thought id share. i used to main her before skarlet. good to see what i recame up with, but didnt give myself alot to work with, so lots of missing ideas. help me improve tym.