What's new

Mileena General Discussion

I’ve always liked Kollector. Truthfully, he’s the only newcomer i like (though i know that’s not a popular opinion). I couldn't get along too well with his tournament variations though, but I was excited to try him in ultimate... until Mileena came and ruined everything! I could've been top tier! :D

Which KBs are you guys often getting in a match?

I was doing a gauntlet tower tonight to grind crystals and the requirement was 5 KBs in a tower. I know a lot of Kitana’s so I picked her and was getting so many, it felt so good. With Mileena, I feel like I reliably get her D2 KB (of course) and then her cmd grab/armor break is next, but I hardly even get that.

Edit: I do sometimes get the B114 in an AA combo I do, but I doubt I get that reliably either.

I don't watch their podcast but If Reo is trashing on things like f12 being Special Cancellable for Air moves, Gaining back Air Sai Followup from Telekick, and Square Wave being a Kustom move rather than a Tower Specific Move.

If he thinks those are such hardcore buffs that straight up breaks Mileena, well shit I guess that's just his opinion man.

Last edited:

DarkSado

Noob
I don't watch their podcast but If Reo is trashing on things like f21 being Special Cancellable for Air moves, Gaining back Air Sai Followup from Telekick, and Square Wave being a Kustom move rather than a Tower Specific Move.

If he thinks those are such hardcore buffs that straight up breaks Mileena, well shit I guess that's just his opinion man.
f21 cancellable in the air? Naw that mkx type shit yall hate mkx REMEMBER? LMAO

Afumba

Noob
This list looks more thought out. Dont think Rain is better than Rambo or Mileena though. Lao and Kabal should be higher and Jax way higher. Dvorah is never in the same tier as Lao, Kabal or Terminator, more in the Sonya tier.

Thing i like the most is his assesment that the game should be about A+B tier.

f21 cancellable in the air? Naw that mkx type shit yall hate mkx REMEMBER? LMAO
It really isnt. As the game is now she would still need to equip specials in order to cancel, so there is a trade off there. And even if she would be able to juggle afterwards she would still not do nearly as much damage as her current BNBs and thats with a 2 slot investment. Even with 2 BARs she wouldnt or at best be around even-ish at the cost of an extra BAR as well as losing out on other tools like strings or cmg. Not to mention that you could most likely jab her out of the cancel if she would try it on block.

Yea, so i am not seeing what REO is aparently seeing or how this compares to MKX besides it being possible there.

Like I said I don't watch Reo's podcast so I don't know what he actually talked about.

If someone did, feel free to post bullet points.

Does anyone know where I can find a high quality render of Mileena from this game?

Specifically this image.

This one is 1080p, but looks like it's been upscaled, or has an ugly film grain effect added on it. You don't notice it when it's smaller, but when actually viewed in 1080p, ugh.

Is it just me getting used to it or does the juggle to Amplified Rolling Thunder feel better?
It feels more like the juggle to normal ball roll now.

Now it's incredibly easier to land Jump2 Air Telekick afterward than before where it was so wonky I had to use Jump1 Air Telekick instead.
Even Jump3 Air Telekick is doable.

I think they did something to patch her roll a bit.

I had a thing in practice mode, where a D4 after a blocked B1 was able to stuff a reversal ball (when it should trade at best), but now can’t seem to stuff it, only trade (as you should).

It doesnt seem like its any more reliable under Sub’s ice ball though or anything like that.

I saw on reddit that people where having issues with rolling thunder in the corner too, but that seems to be fixed (not sure what the issue was though)

I think they did something to patch her roll a bit.

I had a thing in practice mode, where a D4 after a blocked B1 was able to stuff a reversal ball (when it should trade at best), but now can’t seem to stuff it, only trade (as you should).

It doesnt seem like its any more reliable under Sub’s ice ball though or anything like that.

I saw on reddit that people where having issues with rolling thunder in the corner too, but that seems to be fixed (not sure what the issue was though)
Sometimes you did Rolling Thunder near the corner and when you amplified it you would stop short of hitting them.

I lost a match in KL from that.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Which KBs are you guys often getting in a match?

I was doing a gauntlet tower tonight to grind crystals and the requirement was 5 KBs in a tower. I know a lot of Kitana’s so I picked her and was getting so many, it felt so good. With Mileena, I feel like I reliably get her D2 KB (of course) and then her cmd grab/armor break is next, but I hardly even get that.

Edit: I do sometimes get the B114 in an AA combo I do, but I doubt I get that reliably either.
I always get the F2 one, unless I play REED BECAUSE HE REFUSES TO USE HIGHS, I always forget to do the B114 one though. But I get the CG one sometimes, D2 a lot, throw KB as well. But I've been using B11 a lot on block these days so it helps lmao. Just play neutral and stagger for a while then throw.

For my own curiosity, I was curious if the B1/F2/F43~MB sais blockstrings were completely safe in the corner and if Mileena’s 9 frame F1 can punish it, and in some instances, she can.

B1~MB Sais can be punished by her F1 if you duck the high sais so that the second high one whiffs over your head (note that if you’re ducking as you block the second high sai, it seems to have the same effect - I believe the game treats it as if you’e already in a ducking state).

F2~MB Sais can be punished by her F1 if blocked as detailed above and the F2 isn’t done at max range (though i cant seem to punish it at max range).

F43~MB Sais is the easiest punished out of the three blockstring options. There were times after that string (depending on how you block it, where you’re -12. Now the range at -12 is too far for her F1 to connect, but maybe Sub’s Slide will hit? Also, it’s also fairly easy to make it -11 and that’s close enough for F1, plus seems to be a more reliable punish as you don’t have to be frame perfect like two do with the other two blockstrings).

This timing of the blocking is pretty specific, and definitely requires labbing, as well as the opponent has to be ready for it, so it may not be much to worry about, but worth knowing.

dph1990

Noob
In a desperate attempt to make her a bit more fun I’m messing around with Vanish - it’s not a great move but OH MY GOD ending a combo in it, then going full YOLO crackhead, it actually working and landing a combo, to then do it over again makes my soul sing. So gimmicky. So satisfying.

Edit: I also think it’d be SUPER fun to have Vanish+ Kahnum Dash, in the “my opponent must be so annoyed” way, so she just keeps taking your legs out instead of hitting overhead, but I just can’t vibe with Kahnum Dash.