What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
My Mileena I use many combonations...so far my fave is Low Sais, Tricky sais, and Air teleport. I like player her a Zoner/ hit n run style.
If I want to play her like a grappler than I use her extra strings, Low slide and Cmd grab.
She has many ways ways to play her, I don't know what the overall "Base Conclusion" others agreed upon.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
what is he saying?
Calling out every buff/change we’ve asked for, making it sound like we won’t be happy no matter what unless we get an insane amount of changes, disregarding any actual concerns we may state, etc.

You know the drill with him if he disagrees with your statement.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I honestly feel mileena in her current state is fine. Her movement speed is insane and her staggers are oppressive.

If I were to request changes they would be:
  • fix her jik so it operates like every other jik
  • f12 special cancellable into air specials
Kustom specific changes:
  • buff rolling thunder so it doesn’t drop randomly in the corner
  • allow sai side to be cancelled sacrificing a bar of defensive meter
  • increase damage on kahnum dash (regular 12%, 1xex 18%, 2x ex 21%) maybe give it a KB on the second ex if she fully enhances slide 2 other times in the match?
  • increase input timing (or change the input to du) for vanish so it can be used more easily in neutral
Honestly I’d be happy if she got no changes. I feel like she’s a complete character. Would just be nice to have more reason to try out the other kustoms instead of always stabby+playtime+extra being the default.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
#toptierMileena
Dragon and Honeybee just placed Mileena S- to A+
But their tier list has three tiers of S and two bottom tiers of A. It's like S+/- is starting to lose its meaning.

I think Mileena has good tools but she will drop a bit to A+ in most tiers if people learn her flaws quick before Pro-Kompetition

Her only safe 25f overhead is reactable for top players to FB and it's -11 when Flawlessed
Her two overheads are punishable unless she uses Amped base Sai's
Her lows are high risk not konfirmable to kombo.
Very YOLO but her only big weakness is no fast mid with range. Her B1 is good where it's good but it's hold on wait let me hug you range in most situations if your opponent is playing neutral.

But I'm not downplaying her I think she is mad solid but I don't think people have labbed her up yet. We shall see

Tier lists frustrate me because a single Notible tier list can solidify a characters tier placement for months without full consideration.
But they did call it a "Knee Jerk Tierlist" edition.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
But their tier list has three tiers of S and two bottom tiers of A. It's like S+/- is starting to lose its meaning.

I think Mileena has good tools but she will drop a bit to A+ in most tiers if people learn her flaws quick before Pro-Kompetition

Her only safe 25f overhead is reactable for top players to FB and it's -11 when Flawlessed
Very YOLO but her only big weakness is no fast mid with range. Her B1 is good where it's good but it's hold on wait let me hug you range in most situations if your opponent is playing neutral.

But I'm not downplaying her I think she is mad solid but I don't think people have labbed her up yet. We shall see

Tier lists frustrate me because a single Notible tier list can solidify a characters tier placement for months without full consideration.
Why are you trying to play her like a 50/50 character? Her overhead is not important to her game plan at all. Like these aren't real weaknesses it's just her not being the archetype you want

xWildx

#toptierMileena is a joke. It’s meant to point out the irony of people claiming she’s S-tier when the bitch has issues.

Two must-have custom moves to be viable in a game all about custom variations. #toptierMileena

B1’s god damn toe pushing people out of the range of her already short ranged mid. #toptierMileena

Ball roll hitting, you amp it, and for some reason it doesn’t combo.... even though you spent a bar? A range issue? I don’t know, but.... #toptierMileena

Mileena is fine, but if you look at the other characters people are saying belong on S-tier (currently): Cetrion, Jacqui, Kano, Liu Kang, Fujin. I’m sorry, I’ll stan for her all day, but there’s no way she’s on that level.

Afumba

Noob
That list is funny, thats about it. Besides that i prefer matchup tierlists over these types, this one also doesnt make sense to me.

I always Interpreted tier lists somewhat like this
S+ = broken
S = too strong
A = great
B = good
C = mediocre
D = underwhelming
E = bad

So whatever they are naming their tiers i read it as S, A, B, C, D... its the only way it makes sense for me. Whats the point of putting everything in S tier? If everything is S tier doesnt it mean that there is no S tier? Shouldnt there be some baseline on which someone bases the tierlist around... hmm well i suppose soon tiers will like S++, S+, S, ~S, S-, S-- so everybody can be in the S club.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yeah I understood the joke and what #toptiermileena meant

Two must-have custom moves to be viable in a game all about custom variations. #toptierMileena

B1’s god damn toe pushing people out of the range of her already short ranged mid. #toptierMileena
Yes she definitely has a FAST mid range problem, she doesn't have jacqui's 9f advancing mids that go into many options and good mix.
I completely agree she has many faults that are yet to be discovered by the masses

Ball roll hitting, you amp it, and for some reason it doesn’t combo.... even though you spent a bar? A range issue? I don’t know, but.... #toptierMileena
That's definitely a bug or some quackery. Fortunately I haven't had that issue.
Mileena is fine, but if you look at the other characters people are saying belong on S-tier (currently): Cetrion, Jacqui, Kano, Liu Kang, Fujin. I’m sorry, I’ll stan for her all day, but there’s no way she’s on that level.
I agree I don't think she is top ten character material. Definitely not an S tier character by my standards, it would require the best tools across the board which she definitely doesn't have like fast mids, amazing range, amazing zoning and all around being flawless at playing this meta and having the tools to deal with every matchup.

But like you said I think she is solid and has pretty good tools to deal with a lot. She lacks range when it comes to fast moves especially mids but she does have pretty much everything you need but others are definitely blessed more no doubt.
Why I'm being careful is that it's still very early and who knows what could be discovered and who has grinded the matchups at the highest level. Even Dragon and Tweedy where saying they are lacking matchups. Sonic is blessed in that area bring able to get MU experience with any character instantly holding his title.

From looking at her tools alone I think she is at least A to A+ but then again I don't have the matchup experience and could have undiscovered dirt that is yet to be found with her?
But I think the idea of tier lists being based off just paper data at the surface is sloppy and don't think Dragon and Honeybee should be making 3 types of S Tiers and two A's. Imo it completely destroys the meaning of S Tier(God Tier) and then many top players rank characters and tiers differently. I liked the MU based TL's where the pros based it off actual data

xWildx

Everyone rates tier lists differently, so I don’t know. To me? She’s B tier. B tier isn’t awful, IMO, it’s just nothing special and they have tools to make things work.

C tier? Well... there’s a few MU’s that they may be used to specifically counter another character. Outside of that, they’re outclassed.

D tier? God help them. No reason to pick unless you just want to be loyal.

S tier to me is just SUPER oppressive. Jacqui just... defying physics and neutral, getting in for damn near free, then doing the most unbreakable damage in the game because... why not. Cetrion with her movement, 5/6 mid projectiles that she can all equip together, and her ridiculous staggers. Kano melting away 50-60% of your health bar with unblockable resets... like come on.

Then there’s A tier. Solid characters with a great fundamental toolset without seeming overtly broken. Cassie, Kabal, Sindel, etc.

Given the issues Mileena has, as has been mentioned multiple times across this thread, I just can’t see her being in this upper echelon of characters in her current state.

There are two new MK2 skin shaders in the store today. A pink/black and pick/white (which actually looks pretty good in the picture)...

I absolutely hate this crystal grind though. I’m working like 60 hour weeks and am completely exhausted... Hopping on to do 5 KL sets when I’m too tired and stressed to think is crushing my online W/L ratio lol