What's new

Mileena General Discussion

LeoMK29

Noob
I'm obssessed with this skin. I need a blue one asap

View attachment 17768

The lack of lips doesn't bother me anymore. It really was just her default skin being so awful that I hated everything else about her look when she was first revealed.
I hate that metal plate on her chest. It looks off. And I don’t mean that in a pervy way. I don’t get why she has armor when her stomach is completely exposed Lmao

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Really disappointed to see that they didn't give Mileena a single veil, just masks, masks and more masks.
I went through the video and counted 26 masks. Which means there's 4 we've yet to see. Though we know about the maskless version so that makes 3 then. So let's just hope that at least 2 of those 3 are a veil. I really can't see them leaving such an iconic part of her outfit out.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I went through the video and counted 26 masks. Which means there's 4 we've yet to see. Though we know about the maskless version so that makes 3 then. So let's just hope that at least 2 of those 3 are a veil. I really can't see them leaving such an iconic part of her outfit out.
wow, maybe she has .... look on the Mileena Kombat kast , more on less, in the 22:39 mark ..... she is using that new skin , and so, when you see at her mouth, despite the poor quality of the video, seems that is a veil indeed , that she is using as mask, hehe :D :p

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
wow, maybe she has .... look on the Mileena Kombat kast , more on less, in the 22:39 mark ..... she is using that new skin , and so, when you see at her mouth, despite the poor quality of the video, seems that is a veil indeed , that she is using as mask, hehe :D :p

Hopefully. I can't tell if it's a veil or if it's the skull mask with the metal inside the cheeks (The first one in the picture below). If you look closely there's something on the side that resembles that. Lemme pray. A veil with that outfit and it'd be my favorite.

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
yep, that's right .... her moveset is excellent and cover things , like, kinda, she can zone, do rushdown stuff, and anti-zoning too, all at the same time , and NRS gave her a couple of new stuff for us to play with ...... in terms of gameplay stuff, she is much more versatile and dangerous than Baraka , hehe :p
I'm very excited about Mileena but I do have my reservations. I hope they didn't limit her ability to do cool things. I liked ethereal with the sai teleports and cancel type pressure, mind games.
But it does look like she has some cool tools, the low sai, telekick and ball roll are classic and expected. If course we didn't see all of her moves so there may be more.

The invisible ability is cool, I don't like that it has a pink mist kind of showing her position but that could be a good thing for the controlling player as well as it could be a giveaway, maybe it will help us judge her normals distance or reach of pokes.

I'm hoping she can pop up twice with her ball roll or do ball roll to tele-kick xx sai like MKX Mileena.

All in all she looks well rounded but I am concerned they could have put to many restrictions in terms of setups or comboability judging by other characters.

5 days and we shall see. It really depends on what the patch brings. Who knows what the meta will be like or if many characters drastically changed?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I hate that metal plate on her chest. It looks off. And I don’t mean that in a pervy way. I don’t get why she has armor when her stomach is completely exposed Lmao
I live in SoCal.
Dudes in the winter will be wearing a hat and jacket with shorts and sandals.
People do weird shit.
And weird people...

xenogorgeous

I'm very excited about Mileena but I do have my reservations. I hope they didn't limit her ability to do cool things. I liked ethereal with the sai teleports and cancel type pressure, mind games.
But it does look like she has some cool tools, the low sai, telekick and ball roll are classic and expected. If course we didn't see all of her moves so there may be more.

The invisible ability is cool, I don't like that it has a pink mist kind of showing her position but that could be a good thing for the controlling player as well as it could be a giveaway, maybe it will help us judge her normals distance or reach of pokes.

I'm hoping she can pop up twice with her ball roll or do ball roll to tele-kick xx sai like MKX Mileena.

All in all she looks well rounded but I am concerned they could have put to many restrictions in terms of setups or comboability judging by other characters.

5 days and we shall see. It really depends on what the patch brings. Who knows what the meta will be like or if many characters drastically changed?
believe, she will be a combo monster, she is super fast, and if majority of her strings are cancellable , she will be a rushdown ultra pressure nightmare to deal with, hehe ..... the queen of the mix up mind game ! :p

and her invisibility , is a phasing move too, while she is invisible, she is invunerable to damage, like that Rain move, with the advantage to be able to move , and to be invisible, so, a hell of move, so good, that Stephanie said that the move consumes health bar while using, hehe

wait and see, she will not disappoint , in fact, I see NRS even nerfing her , after we discover some broken shit on her ASAP, hehe :D

she is not a pure zoner, more like a hybrid pressure character with a lot of possibilities to keep away from at safe distance , attacking whenever she can, ha !

dph1990

Noob
believe, she will be a combo monster, she is super fast, and if majority of her strings are cancellable , she will be a rushdown ultra pressure nightmare to deal with, hehe ..... the queen of the mix up mind game ! :p

and her invisibility , is a phasing move too, while she is invisible, she is invunerable to damage, like that Rain move, with the advantage to be able to move , and to be invisible, so, a hell of move, so good, that Stephanie said that the move consumes health bar while using, hehe

wait and see, she will not disappoint , in fact, I see NRS even nerfing her , after we discover some broken shit on her ASAP, hehe :D

she is not a pure zoner, more like a hybrid pressure character with a lot of possibilities to keep away from at safe distance , attacking whenever she can, ha !
I’m pretty sure she does not phase through attacks during invisibility: her trailer shows the purple cloud go over Kotal’s head so I’d say she jumped. Has her phasing through attacks been confirmed?

xenogorgeous

She got Tarka hands :eek::p
yep, it's a new feature, new thing for Mileena, an update on her look ..... nothing against, in fact, is cool, so, now, she is even more half-tarkatan .... before, she had only the mouth to justify her tartakan traits, now, she has too the tarkatan claws to help to hurt people, so, it's a welcome addition to her ! ;)

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
For the lore fans...Does Baraka view Mileena as a tarkatan? Or does he view her like everyone else as a Shang Tsung monstrosity?

also before mk9. is there any documented info on her relationship with anyone in her family outside of Kitana?
I don't remember her past with Sindel at all.

xenogorgeous

For the lore fans...Does Baraka view Mileena as a tarkatan? Or does he view her like everyone else as a Shang Tsung monstrosity?

also before mk9. is there any documented info on her relationship with anyone in her family outside of Kitana?
I don't remember her past with Sindel at all.
the tarkatans normally seems to accept her as "one" of them .... she knows their idiom \ language, and can convince some of them to ally to her cause and follow her orders .....

Baraka seems to respect her, but , he is the ultimate tarkatan alpha male leader, so, he will never let her be the queen of his race .... her MK2 ladder ending is not canonic anyway

Major past details of Mileena are a mistery indeed ..... we need more stuff revealed in story mode in future games, regarding her background, hehe

the tarkatans normally seems to accept her as "one" of them .... she knows their idiom \ language, and can convince some of them to ally to her cause and follow her orders .....

Baraka seems to respect her, but , he is the ultimate tarkatan alpha male leader, so, he will never let her be the queen of his race .... her MK2 ladder ending is not canonic anyway

Major past details of Mileena are a mistery indeed ..... we need more stuff revealed in story mode in future games, regarding her background, hehe
In the new timeline, at least after she became Kahn and during her rebellion, she was able to gather all Tarkata to her side, it seems.

And Baraka was 100% loyal to her to honour Shao, who had "conquered his Realm," so he owed his allegiance.

While Versus dialogue is not always canon, in it, he states Shang Tsung improved over the original "Kitana." I suspect this view would hold in story mode.

In Mortal Kombat (2011), he opposed Shang Tsung's brief claim to the throne when they thought Liu had killed Shao and stated Mileena should lead instead of trying to claim the throne himself.