What's new

Mileena General Discussion

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Damn, that sucks. Fuck her then
Yeah, that's why it sucks seeing all these Mileena fans saying they should bring her back. Like, yeah she was a great Mileena, but I don't want that woman collecting NRS' coin after finding this out. Kari's an incredible voice actress and she seems to be genuinely excited about playing Mileena. The fact that she took the time to record multiple messages for fans when KP2 was revealed is proof of that. She didn't just shout out the YouTubers or cosplayers, like, she spoke to actual fans AS Mileena. Idk that's just cool to me. And she's retweeted fan art and stuff. I just really like her and can't wait to see how she delivers the rest of Mileena's lines.

I just wish other people would give her a chance besides, y'know, wanting NRS to fire her. But, I feel like most of the ppl hating it are the trolls who hate Mileena and her fans to begin with, so they wanna nitpick. And ppl who don't know this stuff about Karen.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I would like to see where she said she was anti-BLM and a big Trump supporter. A quick scan of her Twitter and IG would never lead you to that conclusion.

She appears to be pro: women’s rights, gay rights, equality, you name it. I guess I don’t know what has been said in private, but I’m curious as to where people are getting this impression.

Putting aside her political stance Karen was still a good Mileena. Despite having to mostly play her like a childish psycho in MK9 or a whiny brat in X she still had intros where she carried a sultry feral side to her in the way she growled.

But I'll give the new VA a shot, I already like that she's going for a more Monster take on it rather than making her sound like Karen.
I just hope this feral stuff translates into her gameplay. I don't want her to be like Jade, Skarlet and Kitana.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Yeah, that's why it sucks seeing all these Mileena fans saying they should bring her back. Like, yeah she was a great Mileena, but I don't want that woman collecting NRS' coin after finding this out. Kari's an incredible voice actress and she seems to be genuinely excited about playing Mileena. The fact that she took the time to record multiple messages for fans when KP2 was revealed is proof of that. She didn't just shout out the YouTubers or cosplayers, like, she spoke to actual fans AS Mileena. Idk that's just cool to me. And she's retweeted fan art and stuff. I just really like her and can't wait to see how she delivers the rest of Mileena's lines.

I just wish other people would give her a chance besides, y'know, wanting NRS to fire her. But, I feel like most of the ppl hating it are the trolls who hate Mileena and her fans to begin with, so they wanna nitpick. And ppl who don't know this stuff about Karen.
nothing wrong with this new VA for Mileena, indeed .... she is good, she is doing all right with the character direction .... Mileena is supposed to sound like an old hag or a crazy bag lady , so, Kari Wahlgren nailed with her version for Mileena .... Mileena is sounding as crazy bitch , just like we expect her to behave , so, all right ! ;)

I'm open mind and accept this new Mileena voice, its works and that's is fine OK then :D

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I would like to see where she said she was anti-BLM and a big Trump supporter. A quick scan of her Twitter and IG would never lead you to that conclusion.

She appears to be pro: women’s rights, gay rights, equality, you name it. I guess I don’t know what has been said in private, but I’m curious as to where people are getting this impression.
Check her likes

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Her voice definitely doesn't sound as good, sadly. Like with most characters in this game, I think nearly every aspect of her design is a step down from MKX, BUT I am still very excited and I do have faith that she'll have some great outfits and gear to unlock. I just hope it's easy to unlock and won't take a million years.
I wish I had your optimism about her skins and gear...
I play Kitana, and her skins and gear are dogshit. The only good one is the new one from the Summer Pack.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
she looks great. i dropped mk11 months ago but i hope she gives me the spark to start playing again.
I wouldn’t put all your hopes into one character lol. Mileena is amazing to have back, but the system changes are now what I’m looking forward to most. I’m verrrrrry interested to see what changes they make (or add) to the variation system.

Raider

Noob
They posted 9 Rambo tweets since his KK started and one Mileena tweet outsold them by more than a half!

"gUeST cHaRActErS aRe sELLinG tHe mOsT!!"

I am pretty sure that no one will care about him just few weeks after his release. Similar to Terminator and Robocop. At least Rambo has some interesting things in his gameplay.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
They posted 9 Rambo tweets since his KK started and one Mileena tweet outsold them by more than a half!

I am pretty sure that no one will care about him just few weeks after his release. Similar to Terminator and Robocop. At least Rambo has some interesting things in his gameplay.
bold of you to assume that 1 tweet means more then their sales history for all their guest characters

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Mileena looks so beautiful, she might be my favourite female character now besides Sindel ❤ I wonder what her variations will be like, all I hope for is that she has the most gruesome Fatalblow and fatalities ❤

Imagine firing someone for liking some tweets and having their own political views. These days you get fired simply for being a “Trump supporter”. I mean I don’t really like trump either but it’s a bit extreme to put someone out of a job because of it.

Amirluc

Kaballin'
Mileena looks so beautiful, she might be my favourite female character now besides Sindel ❤ I wonder what her variations will be like, all I hope for is that she has the most gruesome Fatalblow and fatalities ❤

Imagine firing someone for liking some tweets and having their own political views. These days you get fired simply for being a “Trump supporter”. I mean I don’t really like trump either but it’s a bit extreme to put someone out of a job because of it.
It’s less of them “firing” her and more of them choosing not to re-hire her. She’s going to be just fine without a role in mk11. Also that may or may not be the reason she wasn’t brought back. In mk11 vs mkx, we have new voice actors for Liu Kang, Scorpion, Jaqcui, Jax, Kung Lao, Cassie Cage, Sonya, Rain, Baraka, Kano, Sindel, Frost, and Kitana. Maybe they were all trump supporters too. :rolleyes:

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I think she looks neat. It's actually like a early Xmas for me having added to the game favourite male and favourite female characters from the franchise.

In terms of her intro lines - thing about 9 million souls waiting etc. Can that be actually motivated with something in-game? lore-wise? Not only to be the referrence to twitter drama? Still that's kinda funny and nice way of breaking the 4th wall but just wondering how that can be explained for someone that's not into the whole thing. Just bragging or she really had a lot of supporters (I guess Tarkata and others are not her allies anymore?)

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!

I’m most excited for Mileena as well, but this doesn’t really mean anything. It’s twitter, the Mileena fan base and general MK fan base is huge on there. If you look on YouTube the KP2 reveal with “Rambo Reveal” as the title gets the most views.

I think Rambo looks fantastic, but, I’m hoping the queen herself is what makes me pick up this damn game again <3

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
In terms of Rambo, I'd be hypocrite if I say that his moves from last KK don't look cool. My main problem with this character is that HE. IS. RAMBO. If they introduced brand new fighter with same moveset and similiar backstory (a fighter inspired by Rambo, just as J-C was inspired by JCVD) I'd be pleasantly surprised. In case I get guest, I just cannot lie to myself that I like it - I'm MK purist, can't help it :)