What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
It’s less of them “firing” her and more of them choosing not to re-hire her. She’s going to be just fine without a role in mk11. Also that may or may not be the reason she wasn’t brought back. In mk11 vs mkx, we have new voice actors for Liu Kang, Scorpion, Jaqcui, Jax, Kung Lao, Cassie Cage, Sonya, Rain, Baraka, Kano, Sindel, Frost, and Kitana. Maybe they were all trump supporters too. :rolleyes:
I can respect that choice, I just wish someone’s political stances didn’t have much of an impact on someone’s job. This is very typical for USA tbh.
In terms of Rambo, I'd be hypocrite if I say that his moves from last KK don't look cool. My main problem with this character is that HE. IS. RAMBO. If they introduced brand new fighter with same moveset and similiar backstory (a fighter inspired by Rambo, just as J-C was inspired by JCVD) I'd be pleasantly surprised. In case I get guest, I just cannot lie to myself that I like it - I'm MK purist, can't help it :)
A character like Rambo would be just as boring. Rambo’s moveset is what makes him interesting, but literally nothing about Rambo makes him stand out. It’s literally a soldier with PTSD. And judging from the newcomers like Kollector I’d rather not have them create new fighters. NRS should work more with the characters they have instead of creating new ones and leaving characters with potential in the dark.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
@Onryoki why do you think Kollector is not a good addition? He is representing something that we never seen in MK like ever. Has cool backpack when he can literally put bodies, things and whole planets. Has the voice that once heard in the dark can make people shit their pants. Has one of the coolest designs in the whole history of MK and interesting backstory that's fitting to MK world. Of course his presence in the story is... well, better not start talking about it. Hey, his moveset is also crazy in a way that non-human MK character should have and it's giving a strange vibe, proving that there are many races besides humans that still can be added in the future. In comparison to Cetrion, he is waaaay better in each and every aspect. Actually, if I think about all BRAND NEW characters added to MK after MK9, NRS really did a decent job.

Great characters: Kotal, Erron, D'Vorah, Kollector, Geras, Takeda, Tremor (don't know how to count him but he was never playable so there he is)
Cool characters: Ferra/Torr, Cassie, Kung Jin
"Meh" characters: Jacqui (yet, she looks kinda nice in MK11)
Literally shit: Cetrion

I expect like 4-5 new faces in MK12 and I really keep my fingers crossed that they keep the trend of adding non-human/badass characters and NOT miliatry troopers + family of current fighters.

kantboy-2

Ripper
The voice is following the lead of Baraka's voice with the Kitana side as well.

She's supposed to sound a bit haggish.

Onryoki

@Onryoki why do you think Kollector is not a good addition? He is representing something that we never seen in MK like ever. Has cool backpack when he can literally put bodies, things and whole planets. Has the voice that once heard in the dark can make people shit their pants. Has one of the coolest designs in the whole history of MK and interesting backstory that's fitting to MK world. Of course his presence in the story is... well, better not start talking about it. Hey, his moveset is also crazy in a way that non-human MK character should have and it's giving a strange vibe, proving that there are many races besides humans that still can be added in the future. In comparison to Cetrion, he is waaaay better in each and every aspect. Actually, if I think about all BRAND NEW characters added to MK after MK9, NRS really did a decent job.

Great characters: Kotal, Erron, D'Vorah, Kollector, Geras, Takeda, Tremor (don't know how to count him but he was never playable so there he is)
Cool characters: Ferra/Torr, Cassie, Kung Jin
"Meh" characters: Jacqui (yet, she looks kinda nice in MK11)
Literally shit: Cetrion

I expect like 4-5 new faces in MK12 and I really keep my fingers crossed that they keep the trend of adding non-human/badass characters and NOT miliatry troopers + family of current fighters.
Let me turn this question around and ask you a question. What makes Kollector a good addition to MK11 Besides his appearance? You call Cetrion shit, but at least we got to know her lore a bit. Besides, she’s probably one of the most best looking characters along with gear in the game. Her skins and gear actually make her look like a different character every time. Kollector is straight up forgettable, he’s a 6 armed backpacker that’s also Shao Kahn’s lackey. If I had to make the MK11 roster out of my head, Kollector, Robocop and Terminator would definitely be the characters I’d forget.

Anyway, back to the topic since this about the queen Mileena. Is there any news of her different costumes and if she has her veil back from the older MK series?

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
For some reason I always hate those intros with dead bodies/npcs. Get them out of my screen, I just want to showcase my great gear choices!

The other intro is A+ though, simple but very effective. The pose alone is serving more personality than some characters named Jacqui could ever have.
One of the things I dislike most about the fatalities in this game is that they almost always focus on the opponent during the final shot. I want to see my character looking cool after I win, not the mutilated corpse of the loser I beat. Sub-Zero's decapitation fatality one done right, in my opinion. Kills the opponent, but still gets to make a cool pose to finish with.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Let me turn this question around and ask you a question. What makes Kollector a good addition to MK11 Besides his appearance? You call Cetrion shit, but at least we got to know her lore a bit. Besides, she’s probably one of the most best looking characters along with gear in the game. Her skins and gear actually make her look like a different character every time. Kollector is straight up forgettable, he’s a 6 armed backpacker that’s also Shao Kahn’s lackey. If I had to make the MK11 roster out of my head, Kollector, Robocop and Terminator would definitely be the characters I’d forget.
Ok, so let's start with Cetrion.

First and foremost - lack of creativity in moveset creation. Wind = stolen from Fujin, Fire = stolne from many fighters, Water = stolen from Rain, rocks = stolen from Tremor (and plants/scorns = stolen from Poison Ivy). If in base game she is missing and we have Fujin + Tremor + Rain and they have those moves in their arsenal, we are ok. No one will notice her absence.
Second thing - "Injustice-ish" vibe. She simply does not fit that much in terms of fitting to the MK Universe. She is more like character imported from some Marvel/DC world and rewritten to fit to Mortal Kombat. Of course this is personal opinion, but actually whole post is, so I don't think I need to state that in each point.
3rd thing - she is Elder God, sister of Shinnok, daughter of Kronika. Really? Do we need ANOTHER family drama and unnecessary connections? Do we need an ELDER GOD to step in just like that to the roster and to fight with mortals (and got beaten by them just like regular random jobber?). Not as a big bad boss. Just a casual character. Is that how you treat one of the most powerful beings in the whole Universe? Just throwing them into the fight like casuals? Now, you can counter that with statement "but Raiden is here and he is fighting and he never been a boss" but when he was added the times were different and we just got used to him. This addition just makes Cetrion a bit underpowered.
Next thing - her fatalities. Dear Lord.... She is outgrowing the planet and then blasting a beam (!) from her mouth (!!) with the diameter of 30 centimeters (!!!). SERIOUSLY? How can anyone come up with that ridiculous idea and how wasn't that canceled in the stage of drawing sticky figures on the whiteboard? Her 2nd fatality is slightly (only slightly) better, but the "Wolverine claws" are anti-climatic and total absurd.
What's next? Her concept in general. But that you may pin under "Elder God fighting humans just like that". There are plenty of realms to be explored, plenty of races and species and yet they decided to downgrade the Elder God - just ridiculous.

And then we have Kollector. Cool looking guy with plenty of tools in his pocket backpack. And yes, his race can be explored even more! He is forgettable only if you see the story, but let's agree on one thing. There were no DECENT story that NRS created since MK9. He is mysterious, sneaky and cunning. He is chasing his gold and treasures but at the same time collecting things from different realms and places. His arsenal can be extended in next games and there are plenty of ORIGINAL additions to be given to him - NOT the moves that are stolen from other characters. That one thing is making him waaaaay more interesting than Cetrion can ever be.

Of course I respect your opinion and high five for this discussion, but if you are asking me - they are just different levels of new characters and I bet there are different people who came up with ideas for those two. In my world, the kollector-guy definitely need a pay rise and even more creative space for next ideas. The cetrion-guy should consider changing his work profile to soap opera screenwriter.

On topic - Yes, Mileena is great. Can't wait to try her ^^ waiting for more videos and really can't wait for her KK :)

First and foremost - lack of creativity in moveset creation. Wind = stolen from Fujin, Fire = stolne from many fighters, Water = stolen from Rain, rocks = stolen from Tremor (and plants/scorns = stolen from Poison Ivy). If in base game she is missing and we have Fujin + Tremor + Rain and they have those moves in their arsenal, we are ok. No one will notice her absence.
Second thing - "Injustice-ish" vibe. She simply does not fit that much in terms of fitting to the MK Universe. She is more like character imported from some Marvel/DC world and rewritten to fit to Mortal Kombat. Of course this is personal opinion, but actually whole post is, so I don't think I need to state that in each point.
3rd thing - she is Elder God, sister of Shinnok, daughter of Kronika. Really? Do we need ANOTHER family drama and unnecessary connections? Do we need an ELDER GOD to step in just like that to the roster and to fight with mortals (and got beaten by them just like regular random jobber?). Not as a big bad boss. Just a casual character. Is that how you treat one of the most powerful beings in the whole Universe? Just throwing them into the fight like casuals? Now, you can counter that with statement "but Raiden is here and he is fighting and he never been a boss" but when he was added the times were different and we just got used to him. This addition just makes Cetrion a bit underpowered.
Next thing - her fatalities. Dear Lord.... She is outgrowing the planet and then blasting a beam (!) from her mouth (!!) with the diameter of 30 centimeters (!!!). SERIOUSLY? How can anyone come up with that ridiculous idea and how wasn't that canceled in the stage of drawing sticky figures on the whiteboard? Her 2nd fatality is slightly (only slightly) better, but the "Wolverine claws" are anti-climatic and total absurd.
What's next? Her concept in general. But that you may pin under "Elder God fighting humans just like that". There are plenty of realms to be explored, plenty of races and species and yet they decided to downgrade the Elder God - just ridiculous.

And then we have Kollector. Cool looking guy with plenty of tools in his pocket backpack. And yes, his race can be explored even more! He is forgettable only if you see the story, but let's agree on one thing. There were no DECENT story that NRS created since MK9. He is mysterious, sneaky and cunning. He is chasing his gold and treasures but at the same time collecting things from different realms and places. His arsenal can be extended in next games and there are plenty of ORIGINAL additions to be given to him - NOT the moves that are stolen from other characters. That one thing is making him waaaaay more interesting than Cetrion can ever be.

Of course I respect your opinion and high five for this discussion, but if you are asking me - they are just different levels of new characters and I bet there are different people who came up with ideas for those two. In my world, the kollector-guy definitely need a pay rise and even more creative space for next ideas. The cetrion-guy should consider changing his work profile to soap opera screenwriter.

On topic - Yes, Mileena is great. Can't wait to try her ^^ waiting for more videos and really can't wait for her KK :)
Totally agree, she seems like a character thrown together and the fact that she's an Elder God makes it even worse. Design wise I also don't feel her, the floating rocks was nice in concept, but in game not so much. She has some cool concepts, but I feel the MK11 engine was not built for a character like her. In the future they might be able to pull off a true crazy design that would make her really cool. Still an EG should never be this weak and I wish they'd gone more crazy w/ trees. That she is in charge of the 'Tree of Life' and could summon Living Forest type creatures, have branches hold the opponent down, come from above and hang them upside down, the tree swinging log that Rambo has etc.

Kollector is easily my favourite character that NRS has introduced. Kotal could've been the best, but they made him very weak. Kollector is underrated as a fighter since I main in KL and I'm far from a great player, but have been beating people left and right. He has so much in his arsenal and design wise looks gorgeous. Just skin wise he's really weak, his alternate designs with the crown are just goofy looking and they could've gone with more subtle designs and scarier, more hideous face appearances. Lots to build upon, to make him more than just a debt collector, but rather an army of Naknada exterminating whole civilisations to gather more spells, artefacts and increase their power and use of magic. Kind of like a witch who casts spells. Kollector could be that, but I know NRS won't bring him back.

Onryoki

By that logic Rain stole electricity powers from Raiden. Characters existing in the same universe with the same powers really isn’t making a character less creative. I agree that Cetrions moveset could’ve been made more interesting but you can say that about every character in the main roster. I really don’t see how Cetrion (who’s canonically way older than Fujin, etc.) somehow stole powers from them. I see a lot of hate for Cetrion, but I think that hate mostly derived from the fact that people just can’t deal with her gameplay.

Your post goes more in on Cetrion when my question was, what makes Kollector a good addition to the series besides his appearance? Even his appearance isn’t to write to home about. A greedy merchant with 6 arms somehow fits MK more than the elder god of life, who’s supppsed to be Shinnok’s opposite? I mean Cetrion has her flaws, but she gets undeserved hate. Her writing could’ve been better but judging from your post, that’s actually your main concern about her.

Your gushing about Kollector and his race really doesn’t make him more interesting. He looks like a 6 armed malnourished anorexic creature. The only thing you point out is his potential. But let’s be real, that’s not truly specific to Kollector since majority of the cast of MK11 has potential and could’ve been made more interesting. Also I like how you said that “There are no decent stories since MK9” in an attempt to defend Kollector, yet you crucify Cetrion exactly for that reason. I respect your opinion as well, but that doesn’t change the fact that he is forgettable. If we’re being honest here majority of the newcomers besides D’Vorah are boring and uninteresting.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
Mileena looks so beautiful, she might be my favourite female character now besides Sindel ❤ I wonder what her variations will be like, all I hope for is that she has the most gruesome Fatalblow and fatalities ❤

Imagine firing someone for liking some tweets and having their own political views. These days you get fired simply for being a “Trump supporter”. I mean I don’t really like trump either but it’s a bit extreme to put someone out of a job because of it.
People are really out here saying someone should be fired for having their own political beliefs regardless of their career ability or not.
Absolutely wild.
Even if that wasn't the reason for Strassman getting replaced (and it wasn't) the fact some are glad she's gone for simply not agreeing with them on certain issues need to go outside more. If Ed Boon came out as a Trump supporter I wonder how fast he would be cancelled by these immature reactionary's.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I think her voice will be more fitting when her mask is off. Right now she just sounds like an idiot, but when you actually see she's a monster it'll prob sound better.

Onryoki

People are really out here saying someone should be fired for having their own political beliefs regardless of their career ability or not.
Absolutely wild.
Even if that wasn't the reason for Strassman getting replaced (and it wasn't) the fact some are glad she's gone for simply not agreeing with them on certain issues need to go outside more. If Ed Boon came out as a Trump supporter I wonder how fast he would be cancelled by these immature reactionary's.
These people don’t go outside and this was already the case pre-COVID. It’s stupid how hiveminded people these days are.

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that....
LMFAO I love Tammie Brown

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
damn, i like karen strassman even more now.

anyway, the new mileena voice is good it fits her character. she not supposed to sound sexy imo but i do prefer that voice over the raspy one.

Alright I have to throw my opinion in this Cetrion vs Kollector thing because Kollector became my top 3 favorites in MK.

Kollector is the one newcomer from MK11 that looks, sounds and feels like an MK character.
Oh sure he's another lackey for Shao Kahn but also one of the few who enjoys working for him.
He's a greedy hoarder by character definition, a unique look with 6 arms+cool lava eyes and weird legs, a trickster with all sorts of tools up his sleeve for gameplay and his race provides more lore building for Outworld. Not to mention a neat little role as a Merchant in the Krypt.

Admittedly simple stuff but guess what? Simple can work if the core design works.

But with Cetrion, nothing works!
-She jobs all over the place in the Story and Aftermath, And this is a mighty Elder Goddess!
-The idea that she's conflicted about her role never goes anywhere because she kills herself for Mommy Kronika's Hourglass twice!
-Her Default is so terrible you have to play dress up just to make something half decent for her
-Her moveset is just uninspired elemental attacks rather than Flora and Fauna Attacks
-She is joyless to watch in tournies and play against

If anything I feel bad Mary Elizabeth McGlynn's voice is wasted on Cetrion.
Kollector may just be a lackey but it beats being Shinnok's lame sister.

But did we need Kollector? Maybe not but thank god we got him otherwise this game would have had the worst new arrivals since MK: Armageddon. At the end of the day a new monster in MK will always be a welcome addition.

This pro-monster stance also bleeds into why I like Mileena so much, not because she's Pink Ninja Edenia Girl but because she's more than that thanks to the Tarkatan side of her and they've given her more feral moves over the years.

In fact I hope they give her one move in her toolkit that is like a Tarkatan but also with her own spin on it.
Imagine if her version of the Chop Chop is her MK2/MKX Sai Stabs and you get to Amplify it to extend your combo.

Last edited: