What's new

Mileena Buffs Suggestions

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Well, telekick -> aerial Sai does go against the engine of the game because you are canceling a special move after another special move. I believe it should be removed and Mileena should be compensated with buffs. She is not really a good character, but some of these suggested buffs are pretty funny.
so nightmare stance into specials should be removed also then?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
so nightmare stance into specials should be removed also then?
Stances are not considered special moves per se. Sonya can do the same thing. Who else can perform two special moves in the air, though?

Besides, did you not request the second hit of EX telekick to be an overhead, so you force your opponent to block aerial Sais for advantage? And you Mileena players complain Sonya has easy offense, yet you want easier offense? LOL. Fools.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Stances are not considered special moves per se. Sonya can do the same thing. Who else can perform two special moves in the air, though?

Besides, did you not request the second hit of EX telekick to be an overhead, so you force your opponent to block aerial Sais for advantage? And you Mileena players complain Sonya has easy offense, yet you want easier offense? LOL. Fools.
its builds meter on whiff so id consider it a special but i know what u mean,same with sonyas

emm no i didnt say that, i said out of the 3 things death suggested the ex tele thing was the one i was least pushed on getting

ok, but im not saying sonya isnt top 5.. im saying sonya is good and so is mileena.. thats what im saying.. i just wanted to make a point that mileena has made top 8 many times.. both death and pig have done it.
mileena is good because she's bad for sindel lol

other than that, she really does suck.

I think Jade and Sindel are better than Mileena, but with Mileena, it's easy to get scrub wins and win with her.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
And why is Sonya broken? She has bad MUs, she doesn't have 10-0s in her favor and she's not as safe as people think. Her divekick is punishable, isn't it?

She's probably one of the best bets for top 5 as of right now, but I really don't think she's broken.
Not gonna lie, Sonya players can do what ever the fuck they want nearly all the time. The only way to beat a good Sonya player is to completely out footsie them, which is fuckin difficult.

This is coming from a Sonya player too...

Flagg

Noob
I think it's stupid how some characters have shit tons of armour and others have none at all.

Either everyone has armour or no one has any at all.

Espio

Kokomo
Her whiff punishing is ok. She can only whiff punish with roll. But if you hesitate or anything you can get blown up. Hard to whiff punish pokes with roll too. Roll is mainly used as an AA since none of her normals AA that good. I can see this character falling in the bottom 10.

Her rushdown/strings are probably bottom 5. Their horrible. Even her F3 moves gets fucked up by negative edge. Mileena is only truly good vs noobs. People who dont block and jump all the time. Its real tough winning MUs when the opponent knows how to fight her. Shes also good in a sense where you cant machine gun projectiles at her. But as the game is evolving thats becoming less relevent.
Time will tell I guess, I looked at the typically thought of as bottom ten characters and I can't think of who she'd replace in the bottom.

I guess the more important question is, whose better than her?

I think Jade's better than we originally thought, but Jade literally has no actual 6-4 match ups in her favor, she goes even with the zoners of the game(even Noob because she cannot zone him, just like he cannot zone her he can punish rangs on reaction). She doesn't beat any of the zoners despite having flash and rushdown characters with fast advancing normals give her problems, I mean I had her losing to Sonya and Cage 6-4, but I saw several people saying she loses those 7-3 in the tier lists from REO and others.

As for Stryker I think Stryker might have one 6-4 match up in his favor against Kano. The rest are either even or slightly not in in his favor like Sonya.

Sheeva has no favorable match ups, only bad and a couple even (mostly with bottom tier characters).

Not sure on Kano, Baraka, Noob, Scorpion, CSZ, Nightwolf etc. I don't play them so I have no idea about their matches.

I dunno man, I'm not saying you're wrong because the game is constantly evolving, I just can't ascertain who she's worse than most of the bottom tier have very few favorable matches, while Mileena seems to beat Noob, Jade, Sindel, Reptile and several other characters.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I think it's stupid how some characters have shit tons of armour and others have none at all.

Either everyone has armour or no one has any at all.
It was NRS answer to how non teleporting rushdown has a chance against heavy zoners. Of course this was a while ago and the game is played fairly differently now than it was then.

Death

Noob
Time will tell I guess, I looked at the typically thought of as bottom ten characters and I can't think of who she'd replace in the bottom.

I guess the more important question is, whose better than her?

I think Jade's better than we originally thought, but Jade literally has no actual 6-4 match ups in her favor, she goes even with the zoners of the game(even Noob because she cannot zone him, just like he cannot zone her he can punish rangs on reaction). She doesn't beat any of the zoners despite having flash and rushdown characters with fast advancing normals give her problems, I mean I had her losing to Sonya and Cage 6-4, but I saw several people saying she loses those 7-3 in the tier lists from REO and others.

As for Stryker I think Stryker might have one 6-4 match up in his favor against Kano. The rest are either even or slightly not in in his favor like Sonya.

Sheeva has no favorable match ups, only bad and a couple even (mostly with bottom tier characters).

Not sure on Kano, Baraka, Noob, Scorpion, CSZ, Nightwolf etc. I don't play them so I have no idea about their matches.

I dunno man, I'm not saying you're wrong because the game is constantly evolving, I just can't ascertain who she's worse than most of the bottom tier have very few favorable matches, while Mileena seems to beat Noob, Jade, Sindel, Reptile and several other characters.
I dont even think Mileena beats Jade or Reptile. I think those are even MUs. I do think Mileena has the edge in the Sindel/Noob MUs though but I feel overall Sindel is a better character. The only characters I think Mileena is better than are Sheeva, Kano, Baraka, Scorion, Noob, NW, CSZ, Stryker. I was being really generous putting her as 18th. Mileena like the characters you listed only has a few adv MUs such as sheeva/sindel/Noob/Kano/NW (maybe). Those characters are bottom tier characters too. She loses at least 4-6 to like majority of the top 10 and even has a few 3-7s.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
It was NRS answer to how non teleporting rushdown has a chance against heavy zoners. Of course this was a while ago and the game is played fairly differently now than it was then.
that was a good answer but they had to in turn give the bad rush down characters a chance to get away with armor.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I dont even think Mileena beats Jade or Reptile. I think those are even MUs.
Mileena has an edge over Jade but I don't think it's as bad as I used to think. What hurts Jade was the Up3 nerf which puts her airborne, Mileena gets a free Teleport Kick combo in the air from it just like Staff Slam and B2 puts Jade in the air to Mileena's advantage. Jade having 3 armored moves and Mileena having none does make a statement though.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Mileena Buffs IMO

1.) Armor on Ex Neck Bite, this will help her escape pressure up close since she can kick them back full screen. Mileena is a distance, counter attack character. It does 11% damage so this in no way makes her OP.

2.) Mileena needs a new D1, the current one is really bad. If she gets one, Sindel deserves to have her D1 improved.

3.) Mileena has slow normals, she should deserve a 7 frame uppercut if she doesn't get armor, it's a get off me tool.

Mileena needs nothing else, either 1 & 2 OR 2 & 3 - all 3 would be nice but she needs 2 at least.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I have a mental block against even the most mediocre Mileena players. So this is completely biased by me but....she is frustratingly fine the way she is. However, I never understood why her roll WASN'T a low. Oh God....just the thought *rips hair and proceeds to cut arm*

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Cage/Kenshi/Sonya are 3-7. Her other ones that are disadv aka 4-6 are Jax/Kabal/Sub/Skarlet/KL/Raiden. KL could be worse. That bitch still doesnt have an answer for low hat.
I think bad MUs are Cage, Kenshi, Sonya, Jax, Skarlet, raiden assuming these are all played at highest level

I do feel kabal, kl, sub are even

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I have no idea why you would use mileena to cover MUs. Sonya beats every1 and maybe only goes even with a couple people. Her only real bad MU is Kabal. Kenshi/Freddy are slight disadv but not bad enough where you need to counter pick.
Death,

What made you changed your mind about the Sonya vs Kenshi MU? Didn't you blew me up on KTP saying Kenshi is the anti-Sonya, worst than Kabal at one point? I'm assuming that F0xy's thread regarding the MU helped leveled up your Sonya's game in that particular MU. Like I said before, I asked F0xy how to get past Kenshi's heavy zoning because that was the area I struggled with, up close I can lockdown a Kenshi mainly because another player here plays Kenshi (can't namedrop, only if he wants to post a follow up) and said F0xy wrecked him real bad. I asked for his advice, learned a lot and since then I have not struggled with Kenshi, it's about how you want to make Kenshi play by her rules not the other way around. I'm not an ass-kisser or a pro player's agent, I just simply stated how I learned the MU from him. The same applies to the Freddy Kreuger MU, just get past his zoning and know his NS mix-ups. Freddy and Kenshi is 5-5 to me but I'll still agree with 5.5 because 'zoning' is in their favor and forces Sonya to change her known rushdown playstyle. However, Sonya's only true bad MU will always still be Kabal 4-6 but IMO it feels 3-7 he wins. The tools he has are better designed to counter her than her own tools against him, if NRS decides to nerf IAGB recovery, it's still a real bad MU regardless. IAGB, Ground Saws both knockdown tools, Ex Nomad Dash escapes pressure and goes through her projectile, his NDC pressure mix ups of overhead/low, not much her D4 can do since he can armor through it or you can't catch him with it. Pink Rings or Ex Arc Kick on his IAGB gives her a knockdown then trades hits with his Ground Saw. Standing 1 and Dive Kick is her best tools up close if she can reach him. Other than that, the MU is f'ked that you need a counterpick for Kabal, he has no true bad MUs by nature.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I'm sure when Death says Kenshi has a slight advantage on Sonya, he means it's a 4-6 MU for her, which is what he's always believed. Sonya-Kabal being 3-7.