What's new

Mileena Buffs Suggestions

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I've had experience fighting all three of these characters at high level, and let me say Sonya and Kenshi may be the toughest to deal with.

When fighting a cage(Playpal is the best cage I've fought so far), you really need to keep him out and NEED to want him to dash and d3 into you so you can bait it into getting a u4. Ending combos in f2xxsai is the only thing you need to be doing in this MU.

Once he's in your face you're pretty much screwed unless you manage to poke out at some point. This is the only MU where Mileena really needs to zone her hardest.

For Sonya(I've played Death and Shady/Riu48 this MU), I don't think Mileena has an answer at all. Divekick blows up d4 every time, you always constantly have to be aware that ex cartwheel is around the corner, if you jump you're getting AA'd into full combo, if you telekick at the wrong time it's the exact same thing. This is another situation where if you're in the corner against Sonya there's nothing that you can do, she'll divekick everything you want to do in order to get out, unless you get lucky and get a roll. I don't believe zoning works here because she can just arc kick into you on reaction to your sai.

On for Kenshi,(Blackula/Arturo are the Kenshi's I've faced) your reads NEED to be on point to make anything happen in this match, there's almost no reason to be blocking high here. If you're full screen, you're going to have to know when the Kenshi wants to do overhead slash and roll up to him on reaction to it. IAS is a bad idea due to reflect/overhead slash. When you're in shoulder range it's still not easy, he can blow you up for wanting to do ANYTHING here, unless you manage to get a tele on him to start pressure. I find you need to have to know when to crossup on him, and hope that he's not doing RK/Shoulder in the direction that you're going to be jumping too. One shoulder and you need to run the gauntlet again.

I believe cage is 4-6 but Sonya/Kenshi may as well be 3-7.

I don't believe zoning works here because she can just arc kick into you on reaction to your sai.
I agree with you on everything you said except for that. If she arc kicks you at point blank range, 9/10 times your sai will knock her out of it (plus a point blank arc kick is pretty risky for Sonya). If she arc kicks from full screen, you can roll her when it whiffs for full combo. If you see it coming and block the arc kick, you can also roll her for a full combo. Zoning in this matchup is more difficult than zoning Cage, but its not impossible.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I agree with you on everything you said except for that. If she arc kicks you at point blank range, 9/10 times your sai will knock her out of it (Plus a point blank arc kick is pretty risky for Sonya). If she arc kicks from full screen, you can roll her when it whiffs for full combo. If you see it coming and block the arc kick, you can also roll her for a full combo. Zoning in this matchup is more difficult than zoning Cage, but its not impossible.
Very possible you're right, maybe my lack of experience vs Sonya may have made me overlook this.

If it's full screen and she arcs on reaction to sai, I'll still be able to punish?

Very possible you're right, maybe my lack of experience vs Sonya may have made me overlook this.

If it's full screen and she arcs on reaction to sai, I'll still be able to punish?
Arc kick from full screen whiffs, and you do recover in time to roll her. Any closer than that and I'm not sure. I think you have time to block and punish her, but if I'm wrong and you don't and it hits you, it only does 9% and sends you full screen again. I'm 99% sure you have time to block it though.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
She needs more damage.

Her d1 is garbage yes.

Neckbite should not be as unsafe as it is now, that is stupid. Look at Kabal where his only unsafe move is Nomad Dash which he can stop on a dime lulz ... fuck, just give her a roll cancel!

She needs more damage.

Her d1 is garbage yes.

Neckbite should not be as unsafe as it is now, that is stupid. Look at Kabal where his only unsafe move is Nomad Dash which he can stop on a dime lulz ... fuck, just give her a roll cancel!
Or at least an armored :ex neckbite. :p

Death

Noob
I agree with you on everything you said except for that. If she arc kicks you at point blank range, 9/10 times your sai will knock her out of it (plus a point blank arc kick is pretty risky for Sonya). If she arc kicks from full screen, you can roll her when it whiffs for full combo. If you see it coming and block the arc kick, you can also roll her for a full combo. Zoning in this matchup is more difficult than zoning Cage, but its not impossible.
The problem with this is that if the player knows how to fight Mileena than theres no reason to ever jump or do random arc kicks. Just dash block your way in and eventually Mileena will corner herself and she has no answer when shes cornered. She has to take risks. Mileena zoning is really really bad. There really is nothing she can do to keep Cage or Sonya out. Her anti-zoning is good however because of her roll and telekick but she obviously can use those tools vs Cage and Sonya.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Mileena zoning is really really bad. There really is nothing she can do to keep Cage or Sonya out. Her anti-zoning is good however because of her roll and telekick but she obviously can use those tools vs Cage and Sonya.
i think your over exaggerating a bit there man,her zoning aint kabal or kenshi level but "really really bad"??

if there is "nothing" you can do to keep sonya/cage out or from cornering you wouldnt the MU be worse than 3-7? they dont get in whenever they choose, they still have to work a bit for them to get in and if they whiff something there getting rolled into a uppercut ender combo to start again,
not that sonya should be using it much in the MU but if she does start you the onion rings at all telekick/roll does come back into play and cages recovery is horrible on his if he tries to throw out one for meter or ex to aid him get in. sonya hard to get he from full screen though cause of the awesome recovery she has.
before you say well in high level play cage/sonya will never use there projectile in the MUs because punishable, if that was case mileena should never ever use the telekick in any MU because it can be punished by every one, just because cage/sonya players dont have to be risky doesnt mean they wont be at times,
not trying to say there not 3-7 because they are, just that it not doomsday

baraka has a easier job keep these to chars out than mileena which is handy for me, so its not impossible to keep them out at all if the "fish" chars can do it
but sonyas rings are a pain in that when she has lifelead :mad:

also just to say it again EX NECKBITE, she really does need it

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
If I could hack my game I'd give her:

- normal d1
- armored enhanced neck bite that is 0 on block
- 12% damage for enhanced tele-kicks (1st hit: 7% + 2nd hit: 5%)
- enhanced roll harder to punish when blocked up close (like Kano's up-ball)

I find these buffs rather humble considering 3/4 are tied to enhanced special moves and thus need 1 bar of meter. She still wouldn't be as ridiculous as Sonya, Cage, Kenshi etc. I won't even mention Kabal (smh)...

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
b2 faster and increased damage and able to link into specials

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Two things.

1) Ball needs to be have an 8 frame start up.

2) Her throw range sucks. Either increase the range or her throw should do 13%.