What's new

Tech - Piercing Mileena 57%1bar piercing

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Guys.

If you call out for nerfs, it won't matter...the game will still evolve to another meta, nothing will change, except other characters will move to the front because of the shaping and nerfs to "top tier" characters.

Just look at the history of patching, if its not Sub Zero, then its Quan, then its Kung Lao, then its Tanya...nerfing one set of characters just pushes others to front, its Mileena, Alien, Takeda, Cage, Shinnok, Ferra/Torr and Sonya's time, a new meta of characters will spring up if you take other characters tool sets away.

I am all for removing stupid moves and properties from any game, but jesus, enough is enough.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Assassin got overbuffed. Blood God's insanely high damage combos are very setup heavy and more often than not impractical.. not to mention Kotal has serious weaknesses and isn't some Renaissance man.
Mileena has zoning and space control, very good zoning and space control.. as well as a fast punisher and good meterless damage to make you feel bad for your mistakes. Let's not talk about her counter zoning.. try playing a pure zoner against her and see how well you fare.

E: I also find it funny how some of you Mileena players are so defensive. Back when Quan was ridiculous, people would go up in arms (and rightly so) when someone would post a 60% 1 bar or <insert high number> unbreakable damage combo video.
It's not necessarily because of the damage, it's because of the tech at hand AS WELL as all the other bullshit the character is capable of.
This comparison makes no sense at all since his massiva damage combos are 10000000% viable since they came from a 1F hard to blockable, this is coming from a 33F overhead... Stahp!!

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Mileena has zoning and space control, very good zoning and space control.. as well as a fast punisher and good meterless damage to make you feel bad for your mistakes. Let's not talk about her counter zoning.. try playing a pure zoner against her and see how well you fare.
Yes it's true. But she needs it, that's how this character was designed in the first place. She's also designed to stop people from doing stupid stuffs: spamming bad projectiles, jump like crazy, mash d3 d4, wakeup with safe armors every single time..... and punish lazy people who never learn the matchups. She wasn't overbuffed. If you don't main Mileena or never spend some hours in the lab learning about her the please stop talking

Guys.

If you call out for nerfs, it won't matter...the game will still evolve to another meta, nothing will change, except other characters will move to the front because of the shaping and nerfs to "top tier" characters.

Just look at the history of patching, if its not Sub Zero, then its Quan, then its Kung Lao, then its Tanya...nerfing one set of characters just pushes others to front, its Mileena, Alien, Takeda, Cage, Shinnok, Ferra/Torr and Sonya's time, a new meta of characters will spring up if you take other characters tool sets away.

I am all for removing stupid moves and properties from any game, but jesus, enough is enough.
She could probably stand to have a little bit of scaling increase on some things. Like as someone else mentioned the B21 2+4 ender doesn't seem to scale right. Remember Sonya's throw ender scaling (or lack there of) in vanilla? Fixing that didn't change her moveset at all. You can tweak things without changing the moveset, but NRS won't make small changes like that. They'll do that, plus 99999999 other things for no reason. At this point, all the game needs (if anything) are small tweaks, but what we get is massive unnecessary overhauls.

E: I also find it funny how some of you Mileena players are so defensive.
Read through the replies here. Seriously like... No one is being defensive. We just pointed out that this damage is coming off a 33 frame reactable OH in the corner, which almost never happens, and she always had similar damage anyway, and there is not one single post saying a slight increase in scaling wouldn't be fine.

The Quan comparison is silly. HTB vortexes aren't single combos off of 33 frame moves that aren't HTB.

Mileena was designed to be a space controlling strong neutral character, but her original move properties didn't make sense with that style. the projectile recovery allowing you to be blown up on hit, teleport being punishable on hit, whiffing on hit, normals that were too slow for that style to work, etc. You didn't have to respect any of her options in neutral because it didn't even matter if you got hit by anything besides a -1238934187498743897324891 roll. All they really did to her was adjust her frames so that they made sense with her playstyle.

Meanwhile Ferra Torr.

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Piercing doesn't actually have a scenario where she can set up the overhead anyway, you can pretty much always be hit out of it.

Unless it's from the b22 grab ender.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Guys.

Exactly, i've been saying this for some time LOL. One thing gets nerfed, the other shines, that gets nerfed, the other shines, that gets nerfed, the other shines. "I am all for removing stupid moves and properties from any game, but jesus, enough is enough." Exactly.

Then I'll do Kitana as soon as I can. However I need more informations : Which variation? What starters? Corner? Mid-Screen? What is already your best amount of damages (and with which starter)? Then I'll record only the practicable ones that I can hit online.
I'm glad if it helps the MK community!
Assassin, please.

BowsersDad

Low tier
Guys.

I agree, in principle. But there were characters who were just nerfed weeks ago to make way for Mileena in top tier...and NOW you want the nerfs/equalizing to stop. I feel like you're only advocating for this because she's your main. Lol

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
I agree, in principle. But there were characters who were just nerfed weeks ago to make way for Mileena in top tier...and NOW you want the nerfs/equalizing to stop. I feel like you're only advocating for this because she's your main. Lol
It has to stop somewhere. If they keep on tweaking things then characters will eventually become very watered down.

UsedForGlue

She isn't my main anymore. I don't do well with her.

BowsersDad

Low tier
It has to stop somewhere. If they keep on tweaking things then characters will eventually become very watered down.
I agree, but some characters have already become watered down unnecessarily lol and now that Some Mileena characters have gotten what they want in terms of their character, they want the big ol NRS wheel of misfortune to stop spinning

UsedForGlue

Well Mileena's character as a whole is in a great position right now and I'm sure you don't want to see that go anywhere
Doesn't work for me. What I came up with, people are doing it better than me.

I play too defensive, with Erron Black I force myself to be aggressive and try to rush the opponent down.

UsedForGlue

Really? Who are you maining now?
Enjoying Erron Black.

I don't care anymore about bad match ups or trying to play the game in a certain way, I just have fun using Erron Black, I am good with him and I play about a million times more aggressive with him than anyone.

I have tried everything, and nothing works to a certain in this game, so I am just using what I want, regardless.

@Madzin and @Phosferrax can vouch for that.

But for the record, Mileena is excellent, top 3 in the game. Il say no more than that.

Last edited: