What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragon Breath Meterless Corner Vortex, +30 Fart Set-Ups, Psuedo Block Vortexes, Guaranteed Unblockables, ETC. ETC.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Reo...Youre gonna cause another nerfing to a character...
This videos are rather harmful to the characters...

REO

Undead
CSZ, Alien, etc. characters weren't nerfed because of any videos I made. They were toned down because they were clearly overpowered on day one release.

If you guys can't see how dumb those characters were day 1 of KP2 release, then not sure what I can say really.

Players keep saying Bo' Rai Cho has nothing good and is by far the worst in the game. How anyone can say a character is terrible with a meterless vortex is beyond me, lol.

I have literally zero sympathy for anyone who gets zoned out or complains about zoning in MKX.

Reo...Youre gonna cause another nerfing to a character...
This videos are rather harmful to the characters...
lol Bo' Rai Cho's corner game has always been praised as one of his strong suits. I mean, the stuff in the first video has been known since basically day one, and the second video has some nice setups, but again, Bo' Rai Cho's corner game has never been one of his issues. You can look at the videos and see this tech and think the character is ridiculous, but until you actually use the character and see how much he struggles in the neutral, you won't understand.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
CSZ, Alien, etc. characters weren't nerfed because of any videos I made. They were toned down because they were clearly overpowered on day one release.

If you guys can't see how dumb those characters were day 1 of KP2 release, then not sure what I can say really.

Players keep saying Bo' Rai Cho has nothing good and is by far the worst in the game. How anyone can say a character is terrible with a meterless vortex is beyond me, lol.

I have literally zero sympathy for anyone who gets zoned out or complains about zoning in MKX.
Zoning and defensive play got toned down in this game because of weak players crying they couldn't get passed it back in MK9/Inj.

This game has very little variety, rush down to win, not other playstyle is viable which makes it boring.

Even if it looks fun on stream, pressure, pressure, pressure, seems fun to casual players but boring to actual decent players.

I love how JC players tbag online when they pressure you to dead as if they are such high level players and got godlike footsies and all lol.

This game is a joke as of now.

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I think there's a lot of general statements being thrown around from the BRC community and that's why the BRC community is seen as down players. Most of the talk is negative.

Saying BRC has nothing good is a shitty general statement and it's untrue. He has good and he has bad. The belief is his bad outweighs his good and he's more risk than he is reward.

We aren't all god level tournament players so here is what I propose: 2 high level tournament players both learn BRC in depth so there's no bullshit about not knowing the MU. Then the do a FT10. BRC vs the other guy's main. Show us how good he is!

It would also help if the non BRC player mained a character that zoned pretty well...you wanna shut up the down players, that's how.

Until then, the BRC community is going to continue to think he's worse than the majority of the cast.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I try to not pay too much attention to players when they don't understand how balance intention is supposed to work.

The reason Bo' Rai Cho has poor mobility and has slow movement is because he has RIDICULOUS set play and mix ups so it's supposed to balance him out.

Players say he's trash because he gets zoned out and can't get in. Then you have the same exact players who say CSZ (who probably has the best mobility in the game and has like 3 or more different ways to get in) is trash because his offense and normals are poor. And then you have players who say characters like Kenshi are whack because while they have good normals and neutral but no mix-ups... It's a never ending cycle. If a character is good in almost every aspect and doesn't have a weakness, chances are they're a problem and what the issue is, not the other way around.

I want to share this post forever

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

It's like people forget that they can cancel running into neutral crouch to duck high projectiles.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What is confusing to me is people are actually insinuating in this thread BRC has no way or chance to get in.......in the game MKXL ....insinuating zoning exists

So U guys want to give him Kang walk speed and jaqui run? And maybe a FartPort (teleport)

Yea I'm out

Great stuff Reo sorry it is being crop dusted on smh

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If they buff his mobility and make it easier for him to get in, then some of his mix-ups and setplay needs to be toned down a notch.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too.
quan chi was in a similar boat was he not? i still feel they could have done that slightly differently, but oh well. I don't play bo, but a lot of that corner stuff really is pretty dumb and should be toned down in favor of gaining a few more tools elsewhere

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
I try to not pay too much attention to players when they don't understand how balance intention is supposed to work.

The reason Bo' Rai Cho has poor mobility and has slow movement is because he has RIDICULOUS set play and mix ups so it's supposed to balance him out.

Players say he's trash because he gets zoned out and can't get in. Then you have the same exact players who say CSZ (who probably has the best mobility in the game and has like 3 or more different ways to get in) is trash because his offense and normals are poor. And then you have players who say characters like Kenshi are whack because while they have good normals and neutral but no mix-ups... It's a never ending cycle. If a character is good in almost every aspect and doesn't have a weakness, chances are they're a problem and what the issue is, not the other way around.
That's when you get kabal... and everyone still complains

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
What is confusing to me is people are actually insinuating in this thread BRC has no way or chance to get in.......in the game MKXL ....insinuating zoning exists

So U guys want to give him Kang walk speed and jaqui run? And maybe a FartPort (teleport)

Yea I'm out

Great stuff Reo sorry it is being crop dusted on smh
Speaking for Bartitsu:

Oh you'll get in, and if you get lucky enough to start a combo they'll wait for you to burn your meter and then break. Bart doesn't build meter very well.

I understand your level of player sees it differently, but I seriously want to see MUs like BRC vs Pyromancer, Acidic, Dragons Fire, Pretty Lady, Shinnok, Cybernetic....hell, even Kenshi, played at higher levels.

I guess I need to actually see it before I believe it. All the theory crafting and training mode videos are great, but let's see it in action!

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
lol Bo' Rai Cho's corner game has always been praised as one of his strong suits. I mean, the stuff in the first video has been known since basically day one, and the second video has some nice setups, but again, Bo' Rai Cho's corner game has never been one of his issues. You can look at the videos and see this tech and think the character is ridiculous, but until you actually use the character and see how much he struggles in the neutral, you won't understand.
Hmmm. I should play you sometime then. I know I have you on my friends list for sure.
Although I just got SFV today. Not sure how much ill be in MKX. Ive never played a BRC to be honest..So I wouldnt know man to be honest.
That post was just poking fun at the history of tech being posted just to get patched lol

InFlames

dead

If you don't mind I, and surely other BRC players here, would love to see you try him out in an actual match against zoning characters. Hell we might even learn a thing or two.

Last edited:

I would very much like 2 see you play Boraicho take top 8 with him at a major and prove the Boraicho community wrong

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
On a side note. What happened to cyrax wasn't even a nerf, they hit him so bad, he's just a new character

Last edited:

themanDan

The saw is family
It's funny how this immediately turned into an upplaying/downplaying argumentative thread. I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire, but, everything looks nice in the lab, but at the end of the day, it's match results that prove a point.

Also, isn't it not really a vortex if the mixup is reactable?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
BoRaiCho has game? This is blasphemy!
There're problems for characters to get in in MKX? Does this mean MKX has actual zoning!? What heresy is this?

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Instead of all this lab theory I'd actually like to see results. King already tried Bo Rai Cho and decided it wasn't worth it, go right ahead and prove him and the rest of the community wrong if you like. I actually want you to, I want to see what this character in general is capable of in a tournament setting. Back up the talk.
Because the options from this "vortex" have 23 and 26 frames of startup...
It's like people forget that they can cancel running into neutral crouch to duck high projectiles.
Have you seen his run speed though? It's not great. He does have F3 cancels however but you can get hit out of those before the cancel.
These overexaggerations by people who don't even play the character are the reason communities get called downplayers. Noone has said that they want him to have the fastest walkspeeds nor a teleport, come on now.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
@ImAura Ha, your character's turn

Edit: On an actual note, I think Bartitsu is where it's at. While all this is great, the true damage comes from the mixups. Which are slow and even someone with an average reaction time can learn the tells and begin to block consistently with a little lab time. But then just start grabbing! I think anyone from a defensive standpoint would rather take a 12-14% grab (fire unblockable) than a 25-32% meter less combo into the same situation. While in bartitsu the player can hit much harder into big safe chip. Just an outside opinion from playing against BRC.

Last edited: